Dublin get-together with Don Cummer

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
trish

Dublin get-together with Don Cummer

Post by trish »

Hi All (says she, DARING to open up a new thread above the 88-page Wales thread...!)

The legendary Don Cummer is currently en route from Ottawa to Dublin. I believe he is also travelling with his guitar!

A few of us will be getting together to meet him, and Paula (Aloevera) has organised a room upstairs in the Bankers pub in Dublin City Centre from 8pm on Friday 18th March. The pub is located on Trinity Street. This street is just off Dame Street on the other side to the Central Bank.

All are welcome.

We are all looking forward to seeing Don and hopefully hearing some of his open mic favourites, such as his incomparable rendition of Memories :-)

Hope to see lots of you there. It will be the day after St. Patrick's Day and we look forward to helping Don drown the shamrock :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . If you've any questions or need help with directions don't hesitate to PM me!

Céad Míle Fáilte Don!
Trish
mutti

Re: Dublin get-together with Don Cummer

Post by mutti »

Hi Trish
I would love to be there with you all welcoming Don. It would take me too long to get there in time
but believe me I am looking forward to photos (any sofa photos are most welcome) and any you tubes of Don singing
Passing Through or any of his songs are also most welcome.
So will be thinking of you all and greetings to Paula and Don and all others going.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

What a lovely gathering THIS promises to be! Perfect timing with the holiday, too. You really go for authentic, don'tcha, Don? [This is where you take a curtsy/bow, Paula/aloevera, since it does come along with double-sided meaning :) .] I so much wish I could be there, but am sure looking forward to the photos. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :D :D :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

DUBLIN GET-TOGETHER CHANGE OF VENUE

The venue for Friday night's gathering in Dublin has been changed due to circumstances beyond my control.

The new venue is the Teachers' Club, 36 Parnell Square, Dublin 1. This is just off O'Connell Street facing the Rotunda Hospital.

If anyone needs directions please PM me.

In song.

Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

...have a good night tomorrow folks...you now how sorry i can't be with you all...i did submit my apologies during other business at our last meeting in paula's in january......however a weekend in stratford-upon-avon is a good second best to an evening down in the teachers with you lot......i reckon just about the time that don is putting on his matching red wig and beard to do his luke kelly tribute spot i'll be about half way thru the second act of anthony and cleopatra....so i'll raise a glass or two of flowers best bitter to you all in the bar of the dirty duck after the show

....happy st patrick's day to all my irish friends both native and plastic,,,,,ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani

Return to “Other gatherings”