LEONARD COHEN Tribute "Under the Influence"

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
Nat-the-hammer

LEONARD COHEN Tribute "Under the Influence"

Post by Nat-the-hammer »

I'm organising a Leonard Cohen tribute night on 21st June at the Booglaloo pub in Highgate North London. It's a showcase for some exciting up and coming singer songwriters who will all cover a leonard Cohen classic as well as play two of their own songs.

Here's the link to the facebook event...

http://www.facebook.com/leonardcohen?re ... 720&ref=mf

Come on down and spread the word. It promises to be a great night with some brilliant new artists performing in an intimate and comfortable setting.

nat the hammer

http://www.myspace.com/natthehammer1
Yorkshire Lad

Re: LEONARD COHEN Tribute "Under the Influence"

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Just emailed your link to my son who lives in Islington and is a big Leonard fan . Sounds like a great night in prospect .
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

There's now way I can attend, but I LOVE the apt title of your event. Please get back with us and let us know how it went, with any YouTube links of footage from it. It sounds like it's going to be a great night for everyone there, musicians and audience both.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

lizzytysh wrote:There's now way I can attend, but I LOVE the apt title of your event. Please get back with us and let us know how it went, with any YouTube links of footage from it. It sounds like it's going to be a great night for everyone there, musicians and audience both.

~ Lizzy
Lizzy
I think my son Ian is going so I will report his comments in due course as to the standard of music and more importantly the respect shown to the covering of Leonards songs
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, good, Yorkshire Lad. I saw that you were going to make him aware of it, so hopefully he will be able to get there. It sounds like it's going to be a really good night and it'd be great to hear back on the aspects you've mentioned, especially the respect. Something about nat's description gives me the impression that they will be respectful 8) . Thanks.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I too would have loved to have seen this; artists can showcase their talent and pay hommage to Leonard.

A bit far for me. :razz:
Nat-the-hammer

Post by Nat-the-hammer »

Hello everyone,

Thanks very much for all your interest and support.
I'm hoping it will be a great night and we've added some exciting new artists to the bill.

The facebook event page has changed and is now here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120491757987031

I've also set up a myspace page where i'm gradually posting songs by the artists playing so you can get a taste of their original material:
http://www.myspace.com/undertheinfluencenight

Thanks again.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Nat
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's wonderful, Nat, that we'll be able to watch or at least listen to some of them ourselves, through your links. Thanks so much.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
kenfry13

Post by kenfry13 »

thank you Nat for this

Return to “Other gatherings”