Meeting in Gloucester on 18th October

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You and me both, Linmag! I think Pete let those monkeys on his keyboard, just as he was almost finished :? .
Pete

Post by Pete »

No monkeys are on my keyboard :)
Keep trying... just look forward to the sense of achievement when you complete it
Pete
p.s. even after I'd posed the questions I got stuck on a few..such is life.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: I guess that's when you know you've done well, Pete :wink: .

Love,
Lizzy
linmag

Post by linmag »

Yay! I finally cracked it :D

Lizzy, if you're stuck on the same ones as I was, A W D A W D would actually come out as S W D A W D according to the version of the lyrics that I have. I hope this helps.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Linmag.....I'll try that, but the x's and z's and whatever the heck those others were on the last one? :shock: :? The Cohen......Chamber Game [Torture, that is :( ]

But, I'll try :lol: !
Pete

Post by Pete »

I took the first lines as printed in this site under discography and lyrics etc.

I'm sticking with AWDAWD but I can see why it might be SWDAWD.... now I'll go and listen to the actual song :)
Pete
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Linmag
apologies once again for not being able to attend. After reading all the posts I really wish I had been able to make it.
Pete what is this "first liners" any chance of being able to see it.

Altinkum
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever »

I promised all the participants in the "Gloucester Event", a C.D. of some of my favourite bouzouki music. I now have a disc, but must wait until my brother-in-law returns from his holiday in Florida (wherever that is), to reproduce copies for all. If I have your address, you're on the mailing list.
Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It's southwest of New York City, Andrew :) .
Andrew McGeever

Dear participants, Lizzytish and Jarkko,
I finally have copies of "Andrew's Best Of Bouzouki" to send to you.
Some further delay will be caused, for a friend has offered to put a picture on the disc, and give it a professional make-over (whatever that means).
I apologise for not responding for awhile on this, or any other matter, but my computer crashed again....the second time this year, wiping out, amongst other things, all my scribblings in 2003.
The first time was disastrous; second time around, I guess I'm getting used to it.
I'm trying to locate the addresses of Rachel and Elizabeth: please post me off-board.
If any other reader wishes a copy, please get in touch: I've never been a member of a clique, and at my age, it's too late to start.
Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Not on-board, Andrew!?! You sure about that :wink: ? [Tee-hee ~ couldn't resist]. You'll have mine in a New-York minute, though it doesn't sound like such a rush deal is necessary. This is one reason why I put all addresses given to me in a hold-in-your-hand address book. One never knows about Internet world. Very lovely gesture by your friend :D 8) .

How dreadful, particularly if you do a lot of composing poetry on the computer :cry: .

~ Elizabeth
Andrew McGeever

Dear Linmag, Byron, Pete, Margaret, Lizzy, Rachel et al,
I have the tapes, but can't obtain English translations of much of the track list. It has proved too difficult for me to type up the track list in Greek.
All I can do is send you the tape, and say that the first 14 tracks are written by the greatest Greek composer of the 20th century...Mikis Theodorakis. The next 7 tracks are Hadjidakis and others. The last two tracks are Vangelis.......well, it's the Olympic Games in Athens, 2004, and I'm sure we'll here his music.
Andrew.
P.S. When Leonard lived on Hydra, he would have heard much of this bouzouki music; in fact, some of it predates him.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That sounds like a synopsis sufficient for me, Andrew.....thanks! I look forward to finding them in my mailbox 8) :D !
linmag

Post by linmag »

That track list will do me, Andrew :) The Greek version would not have been much good to me anyway :? The only bouzouki music I am familiar with so far is Cat Stevens' Rubylove, so anything to come, glad of it.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Andrew McGeever

Dear all,
The much-awaited bouzouki tapes have at last been dispatched to their intended, apart from the one for Jarkko (I need another copy made!).
Some contain a track list in Greek, others not. I'm getting an English translation made of all the tracks, thanks to my polyglot sister.
Please let me know when you receive the tape: so far I've had an acknowledgement from Linmag.
Andrew.

Return to “Other gatherings”