The song of Leonard Cohen (Harry Rasky)

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
rvandewiel

The song of Leonard Cohen (Harry Rasky)

Post by rvandewiel »

Hi,

I am new in the trading business. I am looking for documentary video called 'The song of Leonard Cohen' made by Harry Rasky. On the internet I found a copy of the video split up in two parts. The first part, however, shows horizonal bars spread all over the screen. Does anybody know whether this is the best copy you can get (so I don't have to look any further) or is there a copy without the horizontal bars as well (if so, can someone tell me what to do to get it)? :D

I only have audio copies of several concerts to trade with.

I am looking forward to your answer

CU

René
Maarten

Re: The song of Leonard Cohen (Harry Rasky)

Post by Maarten »

Hello René,

Since nobody has answered your post yet, I'll have a go.
If you want a copy, just pm me your address etc and I'll make you one. Are you from Belgium or the Netherlands? I googled your name (René Van de Wiel) and found a metal-business in Holland... Is that you? Just curious...

Let me know if you still need this on dvd, ok?

Bye,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Russell Harvey

Post by Russell Harvey »

Hello Maarten,
I think we met in Barcelona!! I am trying to get hold of a copy of The Song of Leonard Cohen (Rasky). Can you help in any way? If you can could you email me at r.r.workshop@talk21.com .
It would be very much appreciated.
Russell (& Billie)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Russell,

Yes, we met very briefly at the Sala Vivaldi, I think you came to see the "Isle Of Wight" screening with your (very tired) lovely daughter, no? I do have the Harry Rasky film on DVD and will send you a copy if you want. Just send your details through pm or email!
I can't promise you that I'll send it this week, because I just got back from a holiday weekend and I'm in charge of the name tags for the Las Vegas and San José concerts, and I need to take care of the first steps there first... But if you send me your full name and address, I'll make you a copy next week!

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Inne

Post by Inne »

Can anyone tell me where I might possibly find a copy of this DVD ? I'm looking for it for several months but it doesn't seem to be available on any of the Amazon sites. Many thanks for every valuable hint.
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It hasn't been released at all. You can fins only DVDR copy made by Forum members from an old TV recording.
Inne

Post by Inne »

tomsakic wrote:It hasn't been released at all. You can fins only DVDR copy made by Forum members from an old TV recording.
In the meantime a most helpful Forum member has already offered me a copy of his recording.
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
Threesand

Post by Threesand »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any chance that I could get a copy from "The song of Leonard Cohen, by Harry Rasky". My father would love to have it back. He recorded it many years ago on tape, but ofcourse somehow a football game is recorded over it! So now he only has the first 10 minutes, and he watches it over and over again. I hope I can get him a copy for his birthday! For him it would be a gift from heaven!

So if anyone is so kind to help me out, please let my know!

Thank you,
Hein
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Dear forum members.

I'm writing a piece about My Cohen and would really like to get hold of a copy of this film.
Can anyone here upload it for me? (I have server space).. or post me?.. I can pay postage of course...
Thank in advance to anyone who is willing to help me out.
Daryl.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
I have uploaded a dvd of "The Song Of Leonard Cohen" along with "Live At The ZDF Studios 1979" in three parts on WeTransfer:

http://wtrns.fr/lbMUrCnM1ruDDjQ
1GB
files:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB

http://wtrns.fr/ln45F1rB1rcTMZW
1.4GB
files:
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB

http://wtrns.fr/FzAkXqns24FsuLw
1.8GB
files:
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB

Put all the files in one folder named VIDEO_TS and you can burn your dvd by burning the entire folder with Nero, Power2Go,...

Maarten

scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Thank you Maarten
It's been a while since this was on UK tv. A treat to have a good copy!
Bruno
...like one who believes
phillip

Post by phillip »

Maarten wrote:Hello René,

Since nobody has answered your post yet, I'll have a go.
If you want a copy, just pm me your address etc and I'll make you one. Are you from Belgium or the Netherlands? I googled your name (René Van de Wiel) and found a metal-business in Holland... Is that you? Just curious...

Let me know if you still need this on dvd, ok?

Bye,
Maarten
may I have a copy too?????

phillip
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Philip,
Check my post a couple of posts earlier: you can download the dvd from WeTransfer. If you save all the downloaded files in a folder named VIDEO_TS you can burn this onto a dvd which should play perfectly! Downloading all 3 different sets of files would take about 1h in total.
Let me know if you can't manage!

Maarten

TheWrongMan

Post by TheWrongMan »

Thanks Maarten, watching it now.
Phil
1993:London RAH 2008:London O2 x 2, London RAH, Brighton 2009:Weybridge, Liverpool, Barcelona 2010: Lille 2012:Wembly 2013:London O2

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”