Looking for material for an upcoming radio show

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Bob R

Looking for material for an upcoming radio show

Post by Bob R » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi everyone-- I am in the planning stages of doing a special 3 hour radio show on Leonard-- I would love to be able to offer my listeners some rare unavailable tracks they have not heard before--
My question is, is there anyone out there who would be willing and able to supply some good quality unreleased material for the show ? I would be happy to send you a copy of the program in return and give you a nice on air thanks for the material---
My program is called Mystery Train, and is geared towards people who really like and know their music-- I feature the music of Leonard, Dylan, The Band, etc and specialize in the stuff you dont normally hear on the radio, unreleased tracks, live stuff, rarieties, etc
The show can be heard Monday nights 9:00pm- Midnight EST anywhere in the world by logging on to http://www.wjzf.org --I would like to be able to broadcast this Leonard Cohen special sometime in January if possible-- so if anyone might want to contribute, please let me know---
Thanks !
Maarten

Re: Looking for material for an upcoming radio show

Post by Maarten » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:23 am

Hello Bob,
Nice to hear you're doing a LC-special! Did you get some stuff already? If not, let me know, I'll have a look if you want.

Bye,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Davido

Post by Davido » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I will contribute too if you like.I have sent you a PM.
(I did this once before, back in May, for 'boogiestreet radio' in Arizona).
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
Bob R

Post by Bob R » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi--

Thank you very much for getting back to me--I have not had much luck as of yet, but if you would like to contribute something it certainly would be welcome--
My show is broadcast weekly here in Maine USA, but is also streamed worldwide via the internet, so we have a pretty diverse listening audience--

I am hoping to be able to do the Leonard program sometime in January--
If you do have anything you think the listeners would enjoy, please send it along--
My name & address

Bob Reichers
1 Homestead Lane
Gorham Maine 04038
USA

And a very sincere thank you !!!

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”