Bootleg and unreleased?

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Quetzal

Bootleg and unreleased?

Post by Quetzal » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:30 pm

Well, I do have all the Leonard Cohen albums, but navigating through the Leonard Cohen Files I discovered all this concert recordings I really don't have. I am specially interested in all those albums, specially the later ones, because even though I love the old Cohen songs I do certainly prefer the voice from the 80s to now. I am also looking for live versions of Hallelujah, mainly because even though I can listen to Hallelujah second version very well in the Cohen Live recordering, I'd really like to listen to a version of the original lyrics ("Well I heard there was a secret chord...") without those choirs and 1980s arrangements which I personally feel make the song much less enjoyable (it's still great, but damn those arrangements). Same applies for many of his songs, I really love Anthem or The Future for example, but I have the feeling those must sound better and deeper in live concerts, with the limitation of being played with a few instuments, I'm really much more into that, makes it feel more intimate. And also, live versions of the songs in "Death of a Ladies Man" would be cool, mainly because I haven't really listened to that album very well, the wall of sound thing gets on my nerves.

So well, I can go on and on on why I prefer live recorderings, but you get the point. How do I obtain these in a decent quality? eMule? Torrent? I know the originals are going to be hard to find, so I'll have to download them, but I don't know where to start, are those albums even available in that way? Also, there is this 1980s version of Avalanche on Youtube, with Spanish subtitles, I'd really like the mp3 version of it, because it's delicious to listen to it in this new version. But of course, I don't know where to start.
Davido

Re: Bootleg and unreleased?

Post by Davido » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 am

Quetzal,It's not easy to get hold of these bootleg recordings but I have sent you a PM with some info.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:31 am

Quetzal,
I'll send you a PM to work out a way of getting some bootlegs to you...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Quetzal

Post by Quetzal » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:11 am

Thank you both a lot! I'm going to reply to the private messages ipso facto, if of course this pirated wireless connection doesn't fail before I manage to write.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”