and another eBay guy

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
sakuntala

and another eBay guy

Post by sakuntala »

Any comments on this:
http://cgi.ebay.de/LEONARD-COHEN-Book-O ... dZViewItem
He's Canadian, but, sorry, look at the photos...
Worth another invention, Tom?
sakuntala

Post by sakuntala »

Sorry, meant INTERVENTION, but sometimes I type quicker than I think...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm not Tom, but this looks about as real to me as it's going to get and the description of it reads accurately. I just feel sad to see it on Ebay, but then that's just me and that's a whole, other discussion, already had a long time ago, surrounding the limited number of original, signed and sealed books available through Indigo.

I'm thinking that maybe ~ just maybe ~ the seller is one of those who doesn't keep books, but passes them on, or sells them as the case may be, once finished, for others to enjoy. I hope so, and that this isn't a profit-monging move. I'll go with the seller simply wanting to share the beauty of the book, and that's fine with me.

~ Lizzy
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

This is genuine, yeah, probably one of those 1000 signed copies sold by Indigo Chapters. I had the similar looking one (gave it to a fellow Cohenite as I had two).

There are still many copies like this on AbeBooks and I guess on eBay. Their price decreased because it's obvious that Leonard signed more than 1000 copies.

I sent an email to the guy who was selling faked autograph on a piece of paper.
sakuntala

Post by sakuntala »

Thanks, Lizzie and Tom, I just thought the signature looked different somehow. You are right, Lizzie, hoping the best. Maybe there are people like that in the world... I hope there are, too. Like people enjoying vinyl records...
Kind regards, you all!

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”