cd artwork and trading

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
keith 0

cd artwork and trading

Post by keith 0 »

Greetings to all from a new member of the Leonard Cohen forum. I am a long time fan and frequent visitor to the Leonard Cohen files, but just recently discovered and joined this forum. I noticed several posts about artwork for live concert cd's. I have been collecting Leoanard Cohen concerts for some time and always make artwork for them. I currently have 60+ concerts and I'm always happy to trade this great music with other Leonard Cohen fans. I maintain all artwork in tif files and have just started converting them to jpeg's to make them more email friendly and more easily accessible to others. If a site for sharing art for Leonard Cohen artwork is available, I'd be happy to contribute. If anyone is looking for artwork for specific shows I'd gladly share what I have. This will determine what art I convert to jpegs first.
Please be advised that some art is pretty elaborate, with multiple inserts for 3+ disc shows and simple single fold "booklets" for many, but you can chose what you print. Also because it is for Leonard Cohen discs some art includes artistic nude images. If this is unacceptable for this forum please excuse. I hope to learn from everyone and equally hope that I can contribute something back to honor the fine music of Leonard Cohen.
Best wishes to all.
Keith O
Anaheim, CA USA
Gary

trades and cover art

Post by Gary »

Always looking for a trade.

Hippy

http://members.shaw.ca/hippy1948
I drank what?
---Socrates
logon2

Re: cd artwork and trading

Post by logon2 »

keith 0 wrote: If a site for sharing art for Leonard Cohen artwork is available, I'd be happy to contribute. If anyone is looking for artwork for specific shows I'd gladly share what I have. This will determine what art I convert to jpegs first.
Welcome to the forum, Keith. (and thanks for the PM)
It sounds great, and I for one, is definitely interested. As for now (and probably for a long time to come) there is no actual site where you can put up the artwork. The arrangement for the time being is that the scans are being sent to a Yahoo-mailbox (at mail.yahoo.com) with ID: sharinglc and password: leonardcohen. Seems to work though the process is a little...hmm..unconventional. Apart from that, if there is any shows you need artwork for let me know. My own artwork"wishlist" is:
Paris September 7th 1974
Montreux June 25th 1976
Birmingham Odeon Dec. 8th 1979 (partial soundboard, 11 tracks + soundcheck, 8 tracks)
Philharmonie, Köln, April 10th 1988 and
Arkadenhof, Wien, July 6th 1985.

Best wishes

René Wutborg

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”