Coverartsite?

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I uploaded all Richard's artworks for DVDRs.

Logon2, I hope you'll send some you have?

tom
logon2

Post by logon2 »

Hi Tom. I'll send you what I have in a few days. Having a deadline on a workproject a couple of days from now, but as soon as that is finished I'll be all over it!

Greetings
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

OK.
I don't have any more space to upload Richard's artworks... Each one is about 0.5 MB, so they all are bigger than three sites:-)
I'll work on it: get some free places only for holding the pics as exterior links.

There are somenew pics, and I linked pics from Cohen Stuff (they also open in new window, but from Cohen Stuff site :D ).
Gary

Cohen cover art

Post by Gary »

I have to agree that there is precious little cover art for Cohen material. Since I store all of my Cohen collection in Jewel cases I have made cover art for all of the material that I have collected , where I couldn't find original art. Most of this is very simple and minimal, but it works. I am more than willing to share what I have either in .DOC format or in JPG format.

Gary ..........................

http://members.shaw.ca/hippy1948
I drank what?
---Socrates
logon2

Post by logon2 »

Tom Sakic wrote:OK.
I don't have any more space to upload Richard's artworks... Each one is about 0.5 MB, so they all are bigger than three sites:-)
I'll work on it: get some free places only for holding the pics as exterior links.

There are somenew pics, and I linked pics from Cohen Stuff (they also open in new window, but from Cohen Stuff site :D ).

How are things going with respect to space for pics?
logon2

Post by logon2 »

It´s been quite a while now since the last post on this thread. How are things going concerning the coverartsite?
Gary

Post by Gary »

Well, I've still got all of the art that I've amde plus whatever I have collected originally and nobody has asked for it. Not sure where we go from here.

Gary .............................

http://members.shaw.ca/hippy1948
I drank what?
---Socrates
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

JF, who showed some interest in the past, has no time for making any new site (and his current server cannot take so much jpgs), while my web space is also unsatisfactory for all those pics. I myself was on vacation in August and now have very busy time. So all I did is there at my site.

I'd like to receive all ORIGINAL artworks you have, Gary (maybe by email?). So many of you have done your own designed artworks that it would require to much space for uploading.

But maybe we can use new way of exchaning files I learned recently (true, in exchanging some scanned comics - aparentlxy not legal) - we can simply use Yahoo email. Namely, I can open account and write User ID and password here, so each of you can access this email inbox as it's your own. Then you simply send from that email plain letter to yourself (to that very adress) with attached artwork. Yahoo receives up to 1 GB, what's pretty enough. So everyone later can access to Account using shared ID/password and simply download the attachments to his/hers own computer, at any time. Maybe at some moments you wouldn't be able to access the account because someone other is currently using it.
meurglys0

Post by meurglys0 »

Tom Sakic wrote:JF, who showed some interest in the past, has no time for making any new site (and his current server cannot take so much jpgs), while my web space is also unsatisfactory for all those pics. I myself was on vacation in August and now have very busy time. So all I did is there at my site.

I'd like to receive all ORIGINAL artworks you have, Gary (maybe by email?). So many of you have done your own designed artworks that it would require to much space for uploading.

But maybe we can use new way of exchaning files I learned recently (true, in exchanging some scanned comics - aparentlxy not legal) - we can simply use Yahoo email. Namely, I can open account and write User ID and password here, so each of you can access this email inbox as it's your own. Then you simply send from that email plain letter to yourself (to that very adress) with attached artwork. Yahoo receives up to 1 GB, what's pretty enough. So everyone later can access to Account using shared ID/password and simply download the attachments to his/hers own computer, at any time. Maybe at some moments you wouldn't be able to access the account because someone other is currently using it.
That's a very good idea. Gmail is faster and I guess Yahoo gives 250 mb space while Gmail gives 1 gb. I might be wrong but whichever you choose it would be great.

I have a few artwork to upload myself too! So I'm waiting for a site or the mail address!

Regards to all.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

This is all very interesting. I've always enjoyed the 'artwork' on any disc, album, sheet of papyrus, whatever..

I like the computer talk, don't understand it, but if I keep listening, maybe I will. Carry on, Gentlemen. Please, forgive my interruption.

Linda.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yahoo Mail also gives 1 GB now, and I prefer it because Gmail often blocks the access to email if there's to many logins from different places in the world (and it's out of order for newxt 24 hour due to "security reasons to protect your acount").

So:
mail.yahoo.com
ID: sharinglc
pass: leonardcohen

It would be the best of we (when someone of us is logged in) send the attachments to ourself (so, from lcsharing to lcsharing) so we can stay anonimous, and that nobody erases any of the massages.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

A very nice typo in the last line, Tom. It works for me, anyway.

Linda :wink:
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Ha! :o :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Ohhh, yeah :wink: :lol: :D .

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”