Signed Setlist/Record/Paper?

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
themucaro

Signed Setlist/Record/Paper?

Post by themucaro »

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Ireland, just putting this out into the universe in hope :)

I've been looking to get a verified Leonard-related present for my wife - we followed him around Europe (see my sig. below) and had Dance Me To The End of Love as our first dance at our wedding in France in 2018. Such fond memories.. I'd love to get something like a signed setlist or record for our wall in our (first) house where we've some portraits of Leonard... it's slowly becoming more of a shrine actually!

A few months ago I found a signed setlist online and tried contacting Allan Showalter to verify it but didn't get a reply and someone else swooped in before me. The other day I came across a signed setlist which I thought was genuine however having contacted Jarkko there's some doubts about the signature unfortunately (thanks Jarkko, you saved me a considerable sum of money!! :D ). Jarkko suggested I put up a post here to see if there's any luck.

I don't suppose anyone has anything like that for sale? Maybe it doesn't have to be a setlist but his signature on some piece of paper even that I could frame along with a painting or portrait or record sleeve.

Here's hoping anyway, thanks folks, hope you're all keeping safe and well :)

Robbie

P.S. I put up a post yesterday in another part of the forum about a very early and rare Sharon Robinson project called Terea that might be of interest to fellow vinyl collectors ;-)
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
HugoD

Re: Signed Setlist/Record/Paper?

Post by HugoD »

Came across this item: Seems legit since there is some provenance with the letter of Robert Kory

https://www.catawiki.nl/l/47310519-sign ... music-1994
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
drsing

Re: Signed Setlist/Record/Paper?

Post by drsing »

A number of copies of the first edition of the Book of Longing were signed and stamped by LC. I noticed some for sale on eBay.
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”