Christie's auction: Write Me and Tell Me Your Heart: Leonard Cohen's Letters to Marianne

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Maarten

Christie's auction: Write Me and Tell Me Your Heart: Leonard Cohen's Letters to Marianne

Post by Maarten »

Hi

Eva posted this on the Facebook page of the Hungarian LC Fanclub:
This June, Christie's New York will bring to auction a superb and largely unknown archive of over 50 letters from the acclaimed Canadian poet, singer-songwriter, and novelist Leonard Cohen (1934-2016) to his most famous muse, the inspiration for the song "So Long, Marianne," Marianne Ihlen. Postmarked from Hydra, Montreal, New York, Tel Aviv, and Havana, and written during pivotal years in Cohen's career, these poetic letters brim with both biographical detail and raw emotion, documenting one of the most captivating love affairs of its time as well as the transformation of a young man into a great artist.
Viewing
New York, Rockefeller Center
7-11 June, 2019

7 June, 10am - 5pm
8 June, 10am - 5pm
9 June, 1pm - 5pm
10 June, 10am - 5pm
11 June, 10am - 5pm
Link:
https://www.christies.com/salelanding/i ... vitrdasx_0

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
MargRz

Re: Christie's auction: Write Me and Tell Me Your Heart: Leonard Cohen's Letters to Marianne

Post by MargRz »

Frankly, I’m quite appalled at the thought. Call me old-fashioned but it seems so classless to be auctioning off personal letters. And Leonard’s at that!

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”