In Memoriam: Leonard Cohen in Barcelona 1993 and Bird on a Wire.

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
ForYourSmile

In Memoriam: Leonard Cohen in Barcelona 1993 and Bird on a Wire.

Post by ForYourSmile »

On Friday November 11th the second channel C33 of the Catalan public television TVC broadcasted two programs in memory of Leonard Cohen.

The first was part of the Barcelona 1993 concert, Sputnik 2001 version (Sputnik was a musical program of C33). I believe that this version lost the first song Democracy, and in addition the capture was precipitated and it lacks the beginning of Closing Time. Long ago the collectors had a version of Sputnik 1994, the source comes from a VHS tape recording - DVD and WMV file, with six songs, a long Sputnik presentation and abrupt ending of I Tried to Leave You. Now I have linked the two versions. We only have those six songs, I do not know if TVC recorded more concert and if they have it safe. We don’t know the whole setlist of this concert.

Then C33 also broadcasted Bird on a Wire, the 1972 tour documentary by Tony Palmer, (remastered 2010). Now you can see it on video on demand.

Both programs are available for you until December 15th in Dropbox, you can view or download the file. Keep in mind that they have subtitles hardcoded in Catalan (VOSC).

Barcelona 1993 (VOSC)
Time: 43:52 minutes. - Size: 1170 MB
Codec video: XviD @ 3639kbps, 25fps, 720x576
Codec audio: MP3 @ 189kbps, 48kHz, stereo

Bird on a Wire – 2010 version (VOSC)
Time: 105:41 minutes. - Size: 1020 MB
Codec video: XviD @ 1295kbps, 25fps, 854x480
Codec audio: MP3 @ 93bps, 44kHz, stereo
BEATRIZ SALLES

Re: In Memoriam: Leonard Cohen in Barcelona 1993 and Bird on a Wire.

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Thank you foryoursmile, it's always nice having subtitles in your own language.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
Alexxx the Seclectic

Post by Alexxx the Seclectic »

ForYourSmile wrote:On Friday November 11th the second channel C33 of the Catalan public television TVC broadcasted two programs in memory of Leonard Cohen.

The first was part of the Barcelona 1993 concert, Sputnik 2001 version (Sputnik was a musical program of C33). I believe that this version lost the first song Democracy, and in addition the capture was precipitated and it lacks the beginning of Closing Time. Long ago the collectors had a version of Sputnik 1994, the source comes from a VHS tape recording - DVD and WMV file, with six songs, a long Sputnik presentation and abrupt ending of I Tried to Leave You. Now I have linked the two versions. We only have those six songs, I do not know if TVC recorded more concert and if they have it safe. We don’t know the whole setlist of this concert.

Then C33 also broadcasted Bird on a Wire, the 1972 tour documentary by Tony Palmer, (remastered 2010). Now you can see it on video on demand.

Both programs are available for you until December 15th in Dropbox, you can view or download the file. Keep in mind that they have subtitles hardcoded in Catalan (VOSC).

Barcelona 1993 (VOSC)
Time: 43:52 minutes. - Size: 1170 MB
Codec video: XviD @ 3639kbps, 25fps, 720x576
Codec audio: MP3 @ 189kbps, 48kHz, stereo

Bird on a Wire – 2010 version (VOSC)
Time: 105:41 minutes. - Size: 1020 MB
Codec video: XviD @ 1295kbps, 25fps, 854x480
Codec audio: MP3 @ 93bps, 44kHz, stereo

Thank you so much for this information.....I do have Dropbox, but am not sure how to download into it: sorry to sound so lacking in the basics, but could you tell me how to do this? Am using iPad mini, and not as youthful as I once was
Alexxx
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

Hi Alexxx, sometimes my body also tells me that I am not as youthful as once was, “I ache in the places where I used to play”, but I still have curiosity and illusion, although not so much to play with the sophisticated Steve Jobs toys. I found this:
How to download files and documents to iPhone or iPad
I hope it can help you.

More generic:
How do I download a file?
For PC users
• Right-click the link.
• Select “Save target as” or “Save link as.”
• Choose the location on your computer where you would like to save the file.
• Select “Save.”
For Mac users
• Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link.
• When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file.”
• Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
It is not necessary to have Dropbox installed to view the videos or download them.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”