Fall Out 1975

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
jarkko
Site Admin

Fall Out 1975

Post by jarkko »

Another interesting find by Dominique Boile:

FALLOUT
U.S.A.
March 4-17 1975
Vol.2 N°5

"FALLOUT is a division of the Falls Broadcsting Corporation, operators of WZMF radio, and is published every other tuesday".

This newspaper is extraordinary:

° Leonard on the cover (1 page).

° WZMF interview with Leonard Cohen by John Houghton (4 pages + a black & white picture by Bob Cavallo).

° Double page advert for "New Skin For The Old Ceremony" (with the picture of the U.S.A. cover).

° Double page summary by Jim Roberts from a concert unknown, unlisted:
Leonard Cohen performing Arts Center, Milwaukee on Tuesday night, February 25th 1975!!!

"Emily Bindiger and Gail Kantor supplied backing vocals and, at times, played acoustic guitar".

"The group was rounded out by Lewis Furey on bass guitar and stand-up bass".

Gail Kantor and Lewis Furey on stage with Leonard???
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Hartmut

Re: RE: Fall Out 1975

Post by Hartmut »

jarkko wrote:Gail Kantor and Lewis Furey on stage with Leonard???
I think this is the answer:

"It appears that the author erred in naming Gail Kantor as vocalist and Lewis Furey on bass guitar and stand-up bass because of their involvement in recording the New Skin for the Old Ceremony album the previous year."

http://cohencentric.com/tag/1975-leonard-cohen-tour/
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Fall Out 1975

Post by jarkko »

Dominique made this scan of the review for us:

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Very interesting-Great Find!

I did not know about the concert in Milwaukee at that time. I'm not sure if I would have been able to go as I was working my first job out of college then-however I'm certain I would have tried to find a way. I believe that Michael Lutomski attended this concert.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have added this magazine to the Gallery of Magazines, Leonard on covers of magazines from all over the world. Contributions to this section of The Files are always welcome.
Links to the pages of the Gallery:

Magazines from 1960's and 70's at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/maggallery.html
Magazines from 1980's and 90's at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/maggallery2.html
Magazines from 2000 to 2009 at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/maggallery3.html
Magazines from 2010 to the present day at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/maggallery4.html

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”