US/Canada Vine. NY RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL - April 6&7, 2013

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Jemma

Re: US/Canada Vine. NY RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL - April 6&7, 20

Postby Jemma » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:06 am

I was at both of these shows, would love to be on the vine! Thank you :)
Jemma
crista

Postby crista » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:21 am

Hi Jemma,

Please send me your address so that I can send you the discs.

Thank you - Christa
1979 Cologne Messehalle 8 - 2012 New York Madison Square Garden - 2013 New York Radio City Music Hall x2; Zurich Hallenstadion
crossedeyedstranger

Postby crossedeyedstranger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 am

Hi All,

I know I'm very late to this vine, but I was at the April 7th show and am desperately looking for a live recording. Any chance I can still get a copy somehow? Happy to mail back / to the next person in need.

Best,
Harrison
crossedeyedstranger

Postby crossedeyedstranger » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi All,

Got my hands on these finally which I'm very excited about, but I was a bit surprised they were 128kbps mp3s... I realize they're boots, but does anyone know if higher quality versions live out there?

Cheers,
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 pm

crossedeyedstranger wrote:Hi All,

Got my hands on these finally which I'm very excited about, but I was a bit surprised they were 128kbps mp3s... I realize they're boots, but does anyone know if higher quality versions live out there?

Cheers,
I'm guessing you have downloaded the recording from somewhere. The CDs in circulation should be much higher quality, as is the different recording available on Dime. Shame on whoever uploaded this recording in 128kbps. People are generous with their recordings on the basis that the quality will not be compromised by conversion to MP3. Even the sound samples provided on Dime were 192kbps ...

If you are not a member of Dime I suggest you follow up and try to get hold of the Vine CDs. It looks like Jemma in BC was the last person to have them.

Wendy
holydove

Postby holydove » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 pm

I can testify to the fact that the recording on this Vine was not done in mp3 format. I recorded in WAV format - 96kHz, 24 bit; that's how I do all my recordings & that's what is on the CD's. I would never record a concert in mp3.
crossedeyedstranger

Postby crossedeyedstranger » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
crossedeyedstranger wrote:Hi All,

Cheers,
I'm guessing you have downloaded the recording from somewhere. The CDs in circulation should be much higher quality, as is the different recording available on Dime. Shame on whoever uploaded this recording in 128kbps. People are generous with their recordings on the basis that the quality will not be compromised by conversion to MP3. Even the sound samples provided on Dime were 192kbps ...

If you are not a member of Dime I suggest you follow up and try to get hold of the Vine CDs. It looks like Jemma in BC was the last person to have them.

Wendy

I got the CDs on disc by mail like everyone else... I guess I'll continue the hunt... thanks all

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”