Possible blu ray / dvd vine - barcelona 2012

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Goldin

Re: Possible blu ray / dvd vine - barcelona 2012

Post by Goldin »

Thank you, David! Very generous of you, indeed.

But I have to wait (and hope you wouldn't mind him doing that) until TonVH will make a torrent (good idea, I suppose).
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

I would like to have a copy as well. Preferably blu-ray but standard dvd will do as well. Can I join the wine as well?

kind regards

Rene
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

of course I meant :lol: vine
Fanfan

Post by Fanfan »

Oh Thanks David, I too would love a copy DVD, I was in Barcelona ! :)
hazey

Post by hazey »

Am I still on time to ask for a DVD copy ?

Thank you, David!
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

TonVH wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:Tonvh - i don't know how to do what you suggest - but pm me instructions and i might have a go .
Well if you send me the DVD('s) I can put them on my server and I will make a link public that anyone can use to doubleclick and it will be automatically downloaded. Also (if interest) I can make a Torrent or NZB out of it and then anybody can easily get access to it.

Only because of technical reasons the setup will take 2 weeks max to be available. I am switching all my hardware.

PS: those not knowing what a Torrent of NZB is can either request to receive a DVD/DB or use the doubleclick option. No need to engage in technical stuff.
Hi Tonvh

That sounds good to me . I will send you the discs and you can take it from there .
I'll also send discs to all that have asked above if they pm postal addresses ( some but not all have )
I'm afraid i probably can't send discs to anyone who asks after this post .

David :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cohenadmirer/David

Is there any reason why we can't just have a traditional vine for the "standard" DVD? I can copy the discs and I'm sure most other people will be able to as well. It was generous enough of you to offer to share your video without putting you to all the trouble and expense of preparing and sending out multiple sets of discs as well.

Wendy
maroo

Post by maroo »

Hi,
I would like to have a blu ray, or DVD.
Anyway, I'm one of the person that have no problem with internet, so, if you would like to upload somewhere and send me the link, I suppose this will be less problem and effort for you.
Really thanks!

Regards
Piero
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

General information:

As soon as I have the DVD. I will let know the torrent, nzb, download links. probably in a new thread.
mary emma

Post by mary emma »

Hi Ton!
That would be great!
Thank you :D
Marie
margaret

Post by margaret »

Mabeanie1 wrote:cohenadmirer/David

Is there any reason why we can't just have a traditional vine for the "standard" DVD? I can copy the discs and I'm sure most other people will be able to as well. It was generous enough of you to offer to share your video without putting you to all the trouble and expense of preparing and sending out multiple sets of discs as well.

Wendy

Those were my thoughts too Wendy. David is being overly generous in sending discs all over the place. And If one person (TonVH) is able to put the concert on one of the torrent sites then that will give the techies access.
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

If TonVH manages to upload the content of the dvd to his server and he grants us access to it then there is no need for me to get a copy from cohenadmirer. I am able to download directly or via torrents or nzb. And I agree with Margaret and Wendy, it is more convenient to set up a vine in stead of cohenadmirer sending everybody a copy. The principle of distribution of work (and costs) will satisfy us all (except some lazy bastard living in a suit perhaps 8) )

kind regards

Rene
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I would like to join this vine please - as a standard dvd - I can't copy Blu ray discs.

Many thanks
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Folks, a vine might be better. It has been the longtime policy of The Forum to not allow the posting of links to bootleg downloads. A bootleg is an illegal copy and violates the artists' rights. Of course, a vine of private emails quietly spreading the word about a link works too.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Davido

Post by Davido »

I agree a vine would be better, and less costly and time-consuming for David.
I'd be very happy to copy and send on to Wendy - but we need to hear from David, of course.
- Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”