Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
User avatar
musicmania
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Kildare Town Ireland
Contact:

Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by musicmania » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

I received cd's of the first 3 Ghent concerts, 12/14/15th of August and also 2 cd's of sound check from the 12th and the 14th. These recordings are from Holydove and from what I have listened to so far are excellent quality. I am sending the cd's today to TipperaryAnn as she is next to me on the other vine for the 1st concert so anyone else interested please state your interest here.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
User avatar
Davido
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by Davido » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Yes, please.
I'd very much like to join this vine.
- Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
User avatar
TipperaryAnn
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by TipperaryAnn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Gwen,
Please put Davido first on your list here, as explained in pm - you might not have received it yet?
With thanks,
TipperaryAnn
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2471
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by Goldin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear these treasure records. But I'm living on the edge of Ecumene, our postal service is notoriously infamous. It could take (not necessarily) a couple of months for the Vine Express to pass my station.
So, I guess, there ain't no harm in asking, do you plan to make it available online?
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
User avatar
musicmania
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Kildare Town Ireland
Contact:

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by musicmania » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:Gwen,
Please put Davido first on your list here, as explained in pm - you might not have received it yet?
With thanks,
TipperaryAnn
Seems messages and me are problamatic in the internet world as didn't get that message Ann and had the CD's already posted before I saw the second one just there now and missing messages elsewhere in the internet world too :( So the CD's are now enroute to Tipperary.

Roman, my internet connection is dire and neither downloading or uploading are options for me but maybe it is something Dave could do when he receives the discs??
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by holydove » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 pm

There is someone who has offered to upload all my recordings to Dime. There has been a shipping delay (apparently the Dublin recordings may have been held up by customs at the airport :shock: ), but he might already have the Gent recordings, I'm not sure; I will try to find out. I will probably re-send the Dublin recordings with the Paris recordings, & hopefully customs will not hold them up again! Either way, they will all be uploaded, as long as the uploader is able to do it (he is a new member of Dime & this will be a new experience for him). But if someone else, who receives them first, wants to upload the Gent recording, I'm sure you would have the blessings of all concerned, so. . .full speed ahead!

Thank you, musicmania, for starting the European vine!
ciaran
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by ciaran » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Goldin wrote:Thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear these treasure records. But I'm living on the edge of Ecumene, our postal service is notoriously infamous. It could take (not necessarily) a couple of months for the Vine Express to pass my station.
So, I guess, there ain't no harm in asking, do you plan to make it available online?
Roman
Holydove's recordings, in FLAC, split into tracks, are on the way to me with the express intent of them being put up on Dimeadozen. As soon as they arrive I will start the process and update here.

Ciarán
holydove
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by holydove » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Many thanks, Ciaran, for doing the uploading! You are very brave. . .
User avatar
musicmania
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Kildare Town Ireland
Contact:

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by musicmania » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

holydove wrote:There is someone who has offered to upload all my recordings to Dime. There has been a shipping delay (apparently the Dublin recordings may have been held up by customs at the airport :shock: ), but he might already have the Gent recordings, I'm not sure; I will try to find out. I will probably re-send the Dublin recordings with the Paris recordings, & hopefully customs will not hold them up again! Either way, they will all be uploaded, as long as the uploader is able to do it (he is a new member of Dime & this will be a new experience for him). But if someone else, who receives them first, wants to upload the Gent recording, I'm sure you would have the blessings of all concerned, so. . .full speed ahead!

Thank you, musicmania, for starting the European vine!
You're welcome :D Hmmm why would customs take the recordings, must of been a LC fan working there that day :!:
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by holydove » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:11 am

musicmania wrote:
You're welcome :D Hmmm why would customs take the recordings, must of been a LC fan working there that day :!:
:lol: I've been having similar thoughts - wondering if someone has locked him/herself in a closet at the airport, listening to the Dublin recordings; if that person wasn't already a fan, he/she is likely to be one now! Okay, I've sidetracked this thread enough, I'll be quiet now. . .& on with the vine!
User avatar
TipperaryAnn
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by TipperaryAnn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:14 am

musicmania wrote: So the CD's are now en route to Tipperary.
No problem Gwen! Thanks.

Dave, if you send me your address via pm I'll send them on to you next.
TipperaryAnn
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
User avatar
Davido
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by Davido » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 am

Gwen and holydove, thankyou very much for making these recordings available.
I've never uploaded concerts before, but I'm always happy to use 'snail mail'. So I'll check the situation when I have the discs from Ann. - If Ciarán hasn't begun the upload by then, I will post a set to Roman,extra to the vine, if that's OK.
I'll let you know when I receive the discs. It could take a while because, as we all know, it's a long way to Tipperary!
- Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2471
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by Goldin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Dave, thanks a lot! Anyway, as a client of Russian Post, I can hardly promise anything & participate in a vine. Dimeadozen upload will be OK and even great, not only for me. Thank you in advance, friends.
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
User avatar
TipperaryAnn
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by TipperaryAnn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Davido wrote: as we all know, it's a long way to Tipperary!
- Dave
Depends on where you start from!

Kildare to Tipp. - no problem.
Tipp. to UK- time will tell! :D
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
The Running Club
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Vine: 1st/2nd/3rd Ghent concerts

Post by The Running Club » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:04 pm

I'd be very grateful if you could add me to the Vine - I live in the Lake District in England

Thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”