Songs From the Life of Leonard Cohen on DVD?

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
ScottM

Songs From the Life of Leonard Cohen on DVD?

Post by ScottM »

I recorded the BBC documentary Songs From the Life of Leonard Cohen on Sky Plus a few years ago. I have enjoyed watching it several times. Unfortunately, my recording somehow got corrupted and removed from my tv settings. I never got round to getting it transferred to a DVD. I am aware that there are original video tape recordings around, but wonder if any forum member have copied or are able to provide a copy on disc (dvd).

Regards,

Scott
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
ScottM

Re: Songs From the Life of Leonard Cohen on DVD?

Post by ScottM »

I have received two very kind offers of a copy of this from forum members. Thank you.

Therefore no longer need any more.

I have PM'd both friends. Last I checked, the messages were still being held in my outbox but should be with you soon.
Hope this reached you.

Regards,

Scott
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
mcintyrepoet

Post by mcintyrepoet »

I too managed to mess up the recording from the BBC Four rebroadcast and only have the original VHS. Could anyone send me the digital rebroadcast too. Pleae PM me , happy to trade.
phillip

Post by phillip »

I would love this on DVD anyone help?
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I'll upload my dvd to WeTransfer soon (next week, I guess) and put the links here for you guys!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
phillip

Post by phillip »

can't wait thanks
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
merton

Post by merton »

Hi Maarten,

I don't know what WeTransfer is but I would love a copy of this dvd. Can you send it to me or is there another way?

Many thanks.

All the best,
Merton
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi guys,
I've been trying to upload my entire dvd to WeTransfer, but I've had some difficulties: WeTransfer keeps aborting my uploads after 3/4 of the time or so. So far, I've managed to get 2 of the 4 uploads to work but I wanted to wait until everything was ok to post it here...
But perhaps you can already download these first 2 and check again later for the rest of the files.

Click on the links below and save the files to your pc. You will then have to unpack/unzip them into 1 folder named VIDEO_TS. When all files are in that same folder, you can easily burn the entire folder onto a dvd which will be recognized as a standard dvd which should play on all dvd players.

All the files (screenshot):
SongsFromTheLife_dvd_files.JPG

Part 1:
http://wtrns.fr/zcVNa26a1d-Yzzj
Contains
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
(available until Feb 21)

Part 2:
http://wtrns.fr/gC2OI7Ai24REoK
Contains
VTS_01_2.VOB
(available until Feb 20)

Part 3:
http://wtrns.fr/wrz7mfhI1jLG_9i
Contains
VTS_01_3.VOB
(available until Feb 23)

Part 4:
http://wtrns.fr/ZQ4FcC3geVCCMf
Contains
VTS_01_4.VOB
(available until March 2nd)

Part 5:
http://wtrns.fr/Uzza5Lgw19ZWfSO
Contains
VTS_01_5.VOB
(available until March 2nd)

Regards,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
phillip

Post by phillip »

I now have the first part looking forward to the next part thanks :D
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
Part 3 is available now! See my post above for the link. I hope to get part 4 uploaded soon.
Maarten

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

I'm still trying to upload the last 2 files, but WeTransfer keeps aborting it after 2 hrs... Grrr! Will keep you posted in case it works and put the link here.
M

phillip

Post by phillip »

any luck on part 44 yet?
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Philip,
No real progress, I'm afraid... I've tried so many times by now that I have a total of about 50GB of upload trafic this month :-) . I still can't figure out what's causing the problem: I start uploading the 1GB file to WeTransfer and that should take 2 hrs, but after the 2 hrs it says: "One minute left" and a couple of second later it just starts all over again... I've left it uploading during the day, at night, in the evening,... but nothing works. I'm uploading (again) right now and am monitoring my upload/download speed with a small tool called "DU Meter" in the hope to see the glitch...
I had no problems before, uploading larger files to WeTransfer and I initially thought it had to do with WeTransfer, but I'm starting to think it has to do with my internet connection or ISP, although I have enough upload/download capacity available and I never had problems before...

I'll keep on trying and keep you informed (I'm on skiing holidays next week, starting this Friday, so it might take a while).

Maarten

phillip

Post by phillip »

ok thanks and I do hope you can get it sorted it would be a shame not to get the whole dvd completed but am sure you will get it sorted eventually keep me posted and in the meantime enjoy your holiday :)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

FInally managed to upload another file! There were 2 files remaining (one big one and one small one) and I have managed to upload the 1GB one, so I will upload the remaining last one tonight!

See one of my previous posts at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26316&p=296693#p296693 for the links to all files.

Maarten

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”