Michael about Tom Waits

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
September_Cohen

Michael about Tom Waits

Postby September_Cohen » Wed May 05, 2004 7:06 am

Hi again. I'm looking for a man in this forum who told me about bootlegs of Tom Waits he can burn me. I send him the cds but got no answer about him. His name is Michael but I don't remember about his nickname. I really hope that he reads this thread. I'm not looking for the cds that i've bought...don't give a damn about it. The only thing is that i've lost his e-mail and i only want to know if the bootlegs will be send to me. That is a great expectations. Anybody can answer to that? I think the e-mail contains the terms "Dylanite" in that...he is a man from Montreal
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
I said tell me Mr. Siegal
How do I get out of here
linmag

Postby linmag » Thu May 06, 2004 12:49 am

I think it's probably CohenKnight you're looking for. He promised me some stuff too and never sent it, though I sent him the things I had promised.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
margaret

Postby margaret » Thu May 06, 2004 1:13 am

Yeah, that's him. I sent him some discs too and never got a "thank you" message. :(
Insanitor

Postby Insanitor » Thu May 06, 2004 2:25 am

You should have a scammer report thread! Alternatively, maybe something happened to the guy? Unlikely that you all sent him stuff at the same time tho'

Hope you get what you asked for...
September_Cohen

Postby September_Cohen » Thu May 06, 2004 5:36 am

So this guy is a fucking biatch? I hope not. I have many contacts on the internet security. Finding him is easy... and discipline someone too.
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
How do I get out of here
September_Cohen

Postby September_Cohen » Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 am

But i'm just kidding even if it's the truth. I'm not a violent guy. I'm just a Tom Waits lover who wanted to got bootlegs by a Cohen Knight like me...it's a sad thing. Really.
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
How do I get out of here
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu May 06, 2004 6:53 am

Hmmm....interesting. I sent him a copy of the videotape "Bird on a Wire" ~ he was to have sent me [prior to that] some cds of Bruce Springsteen, and [after that] one of the concert posters. He did thank me for "Bird on a Wire," and repromised me Bruce and the poster. That was months ago. I've never received anything, nor heard from him in some time.

I always allow for people being slow in getting things out, as I know too well [personally] how difficult it can be sometimes, for who knows what reason :roll: ~ however, not hearing from him at all is what pushes my concern over into the same arena where everyone else's here lies. Was that last word there the operative one :shock: ?

~ Lizzy
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu May 06, 2004 11:30 am

Well, this is a real surprise. I hope we do not have cheater here :( That's usual thing in Dylan tradings, I heard of man who did this with 50 people, got their packages and never answered. CohenKnight was on this forum long time, if I remember, let's hope he's only unable to answer right now.
(Well, lyzzitish, you WILL get CDRs I owe to you:).
Regards,
Tom
Paula

Postby Paula » Thu May 06, 2004 3:48 pm

Wasn't Cohen Knight the guy who was gonna get us posters from the Tribute Concert? He said he was gonna get loads and we never heard any more about it.
Insanitor

Postby Insanitor » Fri May 07, 2004 2:19 am

Hope he's not lying in a hospital bed somewhere!! (Well, unless maybe he was really cheating). This message is a bad karma for me...

:?
September_Cohen

Postby September_Cohen » Fri May 07, 2004 6:39 am

Great great news for all of you.

810 50th Avenue
Lachine, Quebec
H8T 2V1
is the civic adress of the traitor.

Is email adress dylanite@hotmail.com is not available anymore and I think that is name is not anymore on the member list of this forum.

Those who want to write him like i'll do are welcome.
Those who don't want to do this and have been cheated by the biatch may have a little conversation with their souls.

All good things...cheated like I am.
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
How do I get out of here
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri May 07, 2004 7:02 am

Yes, Tom ~ he was here for awhile. Told a short story about his teacher seeing Leonard in a restaurant. Was 'thrilled' for whatever assistance I was able to give him in acquiring Leonard material.

Yes, Paula ~ that's the same poster I was referring to, and it was him. I offered to send him a mailing tube and postage to cover all costs. He was supposed to be getting more [and improved] copies of it. I advised that I didn't care about the improved version, or even about the condition of whatever he chose to send me [as you'll recall, some were in great shape, others not]. He said mailing a tube wouldn't be at all necessary [I guess not, when there's nothing to go in it :wink: :lol: :roll: ].

He was very personable and grateful behind the scenes in PMs. No reason to suspect he was on a material-gathering mission. However, now can't help but wonder what's turned up on e-bay [or wherever] to his profit. The really irritating thing with me is that I sent him a copy I'd previously paid to have made [a 90-mile roundtrip away ~ and requiring two, separate trips for dropping off and picking up] ~ and this is a copy I'd [now] much rather someone else had gotten.

Insanitor ~ Presuming all's well with him physically, he's certainly creating some karma for himself with this kind of thing. However, I do think I'll drop him a line regarding ethics [just in case he encounters the concept one day, so he won't feel blindsided :shock: ]. I have his address somewhere, in that I used what I was given. However, thanks to SC for saving me the trouble of finding it. It tee's me off.

Yes, Tom :D ~ I know I will. I have no question on that. Likewise, so will A'af from me. Being more established here lends to trust, and keeping in touch helps, regardless. Most people's lives are busy, and things happen along the way to interfere. But, this appears to be about much more than that. There's another person whose promises have not been kept, but I won't call out the name [by no means a regular here].

~ Lizzy
Insanitor

Postby Insanitor » Fri May 07, 2004 8:45 am

Gee whiz September, very sharp!

Why don't you just zip around there on your Harley Davidson and knock on his door? Say hi from the forum and ask him to put the stuff he promised in the bag.

I checked the member list and he's still on it, but otherwise it's all very strange. I guess there must be plenty of this going on and to think - if September hadn't posted you all wouldn't have found out this prankster.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri May 07, 2004 1:55 pm

Well, now, Insanitor ~ this kind of thing would've been figured out by us individually as time went on, and we contacted him [PMs ~ he may still come here/street address for those who already had it ~ and we talk amongst ourselves] regarding "Where's the beef?" :wink: However, what it does do is bring it to a head sooner, and serve as public notice here, for anyone who might be contacted privately by him, to not engage. In my last contact with him, I had asked for him to just forget the Springsteen, etc. cds and simply send me the poster. I had asked if he'd already given them all away, and he assured me that he still had one for me.

This all is so strange, really, as he wrote so excitedly about how much I would love a particular, Live cd ~ and he'd also gotten a collection of Dylan, and offered me some. The truth, of course, is that I can live without the content of all of his promises. It just makes for such a sad encounter when someone fails to keep their word, much less acts with intent to deceive.

I'll begin with a PM. However, it's more important to me to get the things sent that I already owe other people still here, before I follow up with him, via the postal service.

~ Lizzy
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Fri May 07, 2004 6:31 pm

OK, if we have the typical bootleg cheater case, let's inform everyone, and put his name, adress, all we know at LC sites - Dylan trading sites have something like shame lists. Recently we had an affair with a man from ebay making big money with CDRs, this is similar.
tom

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”