Grand Prairie show w/ Lullaby on Dime

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
keithdylan

Grand Prairie show w/ Lullaby on Dime

Post by keithdylan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 am

Laura

Re: Grand Prairie show w/ Lullaby on Dime

Post by Laura » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:17 am

Sample sounds very interesting, thank you! I didn't know why I stayed awake until 3 in the morning. ;-)

Laura
capofrank

Post by capofrank » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:41 am

I'm DL'ing and will seed for an inordinate amount of time cause I was there and because I love what you all accomplished!
iron_will

Post by iron_will » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:21 am

About to download, will seed as much as possible over Easter (with access to a connection that is port forwarded and not bogged down by the neighborhood).

This was an awesome show, and that intro to Who By Fire (if I recall correctly, that should be the song I'm thinking of) was amazing. His acoustic guitarist is sublime. For what will probably be the only time I get to see Leonard in my lifetime (having missed the last time he came around - though to my defense, I would only have been six or seven :razz: ), I could not have asked for a more incredible experience. Props to Ms. Robinson as well, wasn't expecting her along for the ride. :)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:53 am

I still don't have access to Dime and, to be honest, I'm not sure what I would understand what to do if I did have it. All ths talk of seeding and leeching is very confusing to the uninitiated .....

Is there any kind person out there who would be willing to get a copy of the Grand Prairie show (with Lullaby!) to me in CD form?

Thank you!

Wendy

Update: There are some very kind people out there - you know who you are. Please check your PMs and thank you so much once again.

W
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 am

good night wendy

i'm downloading now, if you want, i'll send you the discs, along with the ones from the brighton concert, just let me know ; i owe you somethng still ;

pe
... precisely ...
capofrank

Post by capofrank » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 am

I was very impressed by the work put into the package of 3. (First Set, Second Set, and Encore.) I'm seeding.

I know I'm being redundant, but I'm thankful and grateful and grooving. Happiness is something you are spreading like a proverbial cold bug.

Best wishes.
swisschris

Post by swisschris » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:59 am

I have some problems:

I can't open the downloaded file. It seems that I need some sort of torrent software. I found several ones, but they only work with Windows and not with mac. :cry:
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can download AND open the file with a mac?

I would really love to hear "Lullaby"....

2008:Lyon July 9th, Lörrach July 25th, Zurich October 25th;
2009: Nimes August 20th;
2010: Basel September 8th;
2012: Verona September 24th;
2013: Montreux July 4th
capofrank

Post by capofrank » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 pm

swisschris wrote:I have some problems:

I can't open the downloaded file. It seems that I need some sort of torrent software. I found several ones, but they only work with Windows and not with mac. :cry:
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can download AND open the file with a mac?

I would really love to hear "Lullaby"....
I don't know if anyone here in the Forum are Mac people using Bit Torrent transfers, possibly someone who is can give you an honest endorsement.

What you will need is a dedicated software package that runs on the Mac. I saw this URL by simply going to Google and putting in 'bittorrent software macintosh'.

http://www.zeropaid.com/software/file-s ... ittorrent/

Once running you will receive files that are in FLAC format. You will have to listen to these files using either a plug-in for your music player or you'll need a player specific to Mac and FLAC. Others in this Forum may flock to answer you on this issue, and how best to burn your discs after you convert the FLAC files to WAV, assuming your burning software requests the file format to be WAV.

IT may sound daunting, but it is not. Soon, you'll be able to assemble a library of goodies culled from the bit torrent systems. :D
dennisdster

Post by dennisdster » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:00 am

Azureus works just fine on a Mac:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
capofrank

Post by capofrank » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 am

dennisdster wrote:Azureus works just fine on a Mac:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Azureus has a Windows version, also. I use it, and have good luck with it. I don't know how DIME works with the latest, I use Version 2.2.0.2

Everything I am seeding right now is Cohen related. I am still seeding the Grand Prairie concert.
swisschris

Post by swisschris » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:27 pm

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE!

2008:Lyon July 9th, Lörrach July 25th, Zurich October 25th;
2009: Nimes August 20th;
2010: Basel September 8th;
2012: Verona September 24th;
2013: Montreux July 4th

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”