Gonna ask a stupid question regarding taping shows.

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
keithdylan

Gonna ask a stupid question regarding taping shows.

Post by keithdylan »

Since there is a link to trading/sharing live shows on Mr. Cohen's official site, I assume the powers that be are fine with fan's taping shows. My question is does this extend to the venues. Artists like Wilco and Ryan Adams make it clear to the venue to allow people in with gear. Is this the case w/Leonard's shows, or do you have to stealth it all the way? Looking forward to the Grand Prairie show. Great place to tape.
tomsakic

Re: Gonna ask a stupid question regarding taping shows.

Post by tomsakic »

Well, can anybody notice that your tiny MP3 player (which maybe - as mine [COWON] - has professional recording device in it) is around your neck, together with your cell phone (which maybe also can record in high definition?) :lol:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Every venue has different policies. A lot of venues go with what the artist that is performing that night says, a lot don't allow taping at all. That said, if you can slip in something, go for it, the worst they can do if they do catch you is take it away and give it back at the end of the night.
keithdylan

Post by keithdylan »

I'm aware of all the ins and out of taping. I've been doing it since 1978. The thing is some artists such as Ryan Adams allow it and communicate this to the venue so you do not have to hide anything. It is much more relaxing this way. You can check your levels, make sure everything is in the right place and working. My question was based on the fact that Leonard has such trading links on this his official site, is he open about allowing taping a la the Grateful Dead.
margaret

Post by margaret »

keithdylan wrote: My question was based on the fact that Leonard has such trading links on this his official site, is he open about allowing taping a la the Grateful Dead.
This is definitely the best and most popular site, thanks to Jarkko's dedication, but it is NOT Leonard's official website. It remains a fan website.
keithdylan

Post by keithdylan »

margaret wrote:
keithdylan wrote: My question was based on the fact that Leonard has such trading links on this his official site, is he open about allowing taping a la the Grateful Dead.
This is definitely the best and most popular site, thanks to Jarkko's dedication, but it is NOT Leonard's official website. It remains a fan website.

Thanks for that clarification. Stealth it is.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”