The Future RADIO SPECIAL

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
julie

The Future RADIO SPECIAL

Postby julie » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:41 am

Hi all! Just noticed that there is a LC press kit and THE FUTURE RADIO SPECIAL interview CD listed on Ebay right now. I already managed to find one at a pawn shop a couple years ago, and I thought someone else might want to get one!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2538170988
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:03 am

Hi Julie ~

Welcome to the Forum! That was interesting for me, as I just came to the Collectors section and saw your name, then because it wasn't familiar to me, glanced down and saw that you're the newest one registered, and then further down to see that you're here right now! Went to your profile [always a little disappointed when someone's entered nothing at all :| ] and back to here to say thank you for that information! I am already blessed to have a copy of the Press Kit and it's wonderful!!! I'd be very interested to hear what the radio interview is like. I get the feeling you've been here awhile and registered to share this with us. Either way, it's nice to see you here!

~ Elizabeth
tom.d.stiller

Postby tom.d.stiller » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:21 am

Hi Julie -

Welcome to the forum! May you enjoy being around here.

Thanks for the ebay info: I'm sure that more than one member will try to get the item.

My impression was the same that lizzytysh described. I immediately thought you just registered after being here for some time. Be this as it will - nice to see your first post.

Tom
julie

Postby julie » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:25 am

HI Elizabeth and Tom, thanks for the nice welcome! Yeah, I have been coming here for a while, but I dont really chat online too much. The radio interview is pretty neat, when I saw it on Ebay I decided it was time to post something , I know lots of people would like to get a copy of that CD.
And dont be disappointed about my lack of a profile, I'll get one done as soon as I have a little more time. busy busy busy!!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:52 am

Oh, good ~ good to hear that, Julie. Know what you mean by "busy"! You're right on the CD ~ and the Press Kit.....oh my, Rebecca's in it and the setting and conversation between Leonard and the interviewer is excellent, truly excellent. So, have you already received and listened to the radio interview? Or did you have it already and just now saw it turn up on e-bay?
julie

Postby julie » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:36 pm

Hi lizzy! I had The Future Radio Special Interview CD already. I managed to find one at a pawn shop, of all places! That was a few years ago. I guess it's a very rare LC item..I had no idea HOW rare it was until I found this great website. I only recently got a computer and have been here quite a few times now. I find it to be SUCH an interesting place to visit, interesting people forsure, and from all over the world! I love this whole being online thing. I THINK I must have led a bit of a sheltered life before-I'm learning so much now. :wink: I've added a bit to my profile. I was thinking there would be more to it and it would take awhile, but it was so easy! I didn't add much: I have no website yet or any instant messagers. Thanks for being so friendly and for such the warm welcome, everyone!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:50 pm

Ah, OK, Julie ~ For whatever reason, I got the impression it was the video you'd found. Good on your profile, I'll check it out, as I always do! Yeah, I've been amazed at how I fell in love with the ability to connect with so many people, so many places. As sheltered or as broad as your life may be, it still takes it to a whole new level when you connect like this worldwide. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it here :D :!:

~ Elizabeth
John the Shorts

Postby John the Shorts » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:56 pm

Shwmae Julie

Welcome to the board - I'm sure there will be a lot of people going to e-bay straight after reading this (I just hope it's not already gone)

JTS (Sorry folks logging out to go elsewhere :wink: )
julie

Postby julie » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:18 am

lizzytysh wrote: I got the impression it was the video you'd found.
~ Elizabeth
I didnt even know that there was a video of it!?! Any idea where i can get a copy, Id like an "original' but i probably couldnt afford one, so i would be VERY happy with a copy!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:20 pm

Oh dear, now we may be talking apples and oranges......the video I refer to is The Future Press Kit......are you saying that, perhaps, everything I see and listen to in it has been transferred to cd for listening? Hmmmm.....I thought you were referring to the video plus a cd of a radio interview. Perhaps the radio interview was in regard to the Press Kit :? .
Little Blue Rooster

Postby Little Blue Rooster » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:06 am

I just noticecd there is another won now too!

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”