Looking for Prints - help me be a great husband

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
devin

Looking for Prints - help me be a great husband

Post by devin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:01 am

Hello, my wife and I both love LC, but she really loves his art and poems too. Our 10 year anniversary is coming up around the same time we plan on moving into a new home. I figured I could win husband of the year if I could find a great print to buy and frame for the new house.

Does anyone have a good lead on an original, authentic, signed and numbered print? Of course I have certain ones i'm looking for, but beggars can't be choosers, so I'm just looking to see what I can find out there.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
Mabeanie1

Re: Looking for Prints - help me be a great husband

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Great idea devin! Where are you geographically? There are a number of galleries around which deal with Leonard's art prints - I know of ones in the UK (Richard Goodall Gallery), Norway and Canada (Toronto and Vancouver) to name just a few. I imagine any one of them could point you in the right direction even if they don't have what you are looking for themselves. I believe most prints are still available though there may not be many signed copies left as Leonard signed them to order. Unsigned prints bear the official stamp of the estate.

Wendy
devin

Post by devin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 pm

Thanks for the info Wendy. I actually reached out to Richard Goodall Gallery via multiple channels but haven't heard back. That seems to be the best option if I could get a response. I also reached out to the estate, but they've stopped all sales unfortunately with no plan to reopen.

Could any one offer insight into how to value signed prints? For example, i'm looking at this one: https://www.leonardcohen.com/prints/one-more-thing

Thanks,
devin
HugoD

Post by HugoD » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:04 am

devin wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 pm
Could any one offer insight into how to value signed prints? For example, i'm looking at this one: https://www.leonardcohen.com/prints/one-more-thing

Thanks,
devin
A couple of years ago, Leonard was still with us, I contacted Goodall about signed prints. I had another specific print in mind and at that time they quoted me a price for a signed numbered print. Do not want to get into the actual quoted price but It was more then a few thousands of euros . Anyway more then that I wanted to spent unfortunately.

Can only imagine that signed prints will only have become more expensive.

Not to long ago there were unsigned lithographs (mostly from the US tour that came in the VIP packages) for sale on eBay, the “buy me now” price was usd 500,- plus p&p. Do not know if they sold for that price but they are no longer for sale. Every now and then one pops up on eBay.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
devin

Post by devin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:41 am

Thanks for the information Hugo. Very helpful.
jim devlin

Post by jim devlin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi ... i sent you a PM last week; if that's of any help you can let me know. JD

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”