Inspired by razor blade poems.

This is for your own works!!!
littlebitlonger

Inspired by razor blade poems.

Postby littlebitlonger » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:13 pm

---
Last edited by littlebitlonger on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Re: Inspired by razor blade poems.

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 am

Very sensual and real, Vilmos, especially your internal, mental processing that seems to happen even at the time.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:52 pm

Thank You.
Everyone has these stories to tell.
Last edited by littlebitlonger on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Oh, yes, Vilmos. I listen to those all the time from the program you're referring to, and they tend to be very poignant and moving. Are you thinking of telling yours and seeing if it might be selected for broadcast? Do they have a link to listening to ones that have already been broadcast? If you go to http://www.npr.org you can listen from their archives to the ones that have been broadcast here. I know they come during the general timeframe of Morning Edition, but I'm not sure if that's the official "segment" where you need to go to locate them.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:06 am

Is there much space given to people, are they amateurs ?
I will look at the link, time is running here now.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:17 am

Hi Vilmos ~

When you're hearing something inspiring, poignant, touching, moving... which all of them are in one or another or several of those ways... time becomes altered, so I honestly don't know how long they are. My guess is between five and ten minutes, as the outside limits.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 pm

hear Dylan on XM. Can You ?
Last edited by littlebitlonger on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi Vilmos ~

Don't erase anything please. Your writing is honest and refreshing and clear by the way you non-approach it. You are just very clear where you are in the moment and are able to describe that state of being, with your observations and reactions.

Now, back to NPR. A friend of mine sent me some recordings of Dylan's radio program. I don't get it where I'm at, though [unless it's somehow accessible in the middle of the night]... however, it is on public radio, I believe. What is XM? I know there's some satellite radio thing that can bring you lots of different styles of music... ongoing. You have to pay for it, though.

Yes... NPR has a very human and warm quality. Even though some find it too far to the left, I've found it to be quite balanced, very surprizingly at times. Some times I don't care for how some of the presenters' style of talking. I recall a very chirpy news broadcaster as she delivered very devastating type news... as though she was oblivious to what she was reading. On another day, however, another woman was appropriately somber regarding deaths. This morning, I was irritated by the male interviewer who seemed to want to jolly along with the woman owner of a pub in the area of England that's very heavily flooded. I don't recall the name of the town, but the Thames is one of the two rivers that broke to make it now be an island. Her establishment is in the middle of town... the cellar is flooded and they're having water shipped in for drinking. They're taking in people who have nowhere to go. It's a small town and she credits their closeness and sense of community to the way they're rallying together now. He was speaking rather cheerfully about it all and she was maintaining, but was clearly not in a joking mood.

They're still in danger, if more rain comes or anything else goes. She finally assented that yes, she might put out a sign to the effect of, "We don't want your water." I just wanted to say to the guy, just because you're still able to make electronic contact with her, it doesn't mean she's in a joking mood. He seemed to be trying to push her into that space throughout the interview. The Brits are being credited for dealing with all of this very well, or at least 'keeping up appearances' of that. Still, in the context of his interview with her, I kept wanting to hear a sombre tone at least once. Just because people aren't dying doesn't mean they're not suffering. Property is being ruined, people are without electricity and drinking water, and sewage is finding its way into the mess. Could we save joking with the victims for a time when retrospect is possible? I considered writing to the station, which I've never done. Perhaps, since I've processed it here, I'll copy, edit, and send.

Generally speaking, however, NPR is sensitive to human and animal issues.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:55 pm

---
Last edited by littlebitlonger on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KjeXXXer

Postby KjeXXXer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:16 am

lizzytysh wrote:Hi Vilmos ~

Don't erase anything please. Your writing is honest and refreshing and clear by the way you non-approach it. You are just very clear where you are in the moment and are able to describe that state of being, with your observations and reactions.

~ Lizzy
Preach ON, Sista!

Thank you for your attention.
Now you've got the gist of what my lettuce meant.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:58 pm

Hi Axel ~

I've not been able to help but notice that you feel as I do about Vilmos and his writing. I really appreciate it that you do and openly concur with what I've said here.

Thanks.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:50 am

---
Last edited by littlebitlonger on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KjeXXXer

Postby KjeXXXer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:27 pm

Joining talk? I don't follow, quite.

But hey, no worries! :D
Now you've got the gist of what my lettuce meant.
littlebitlonger

Postby littlebitlonger » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:01 pm

ok.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”