complete the poem.....(Haiku)

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Post by solongleonard »

and another thing, Loser. You are what my mam usxed to describe as "brassy". No one could ever describe you as classy.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Hello Loser, did you make a New Year Resolution to buy a spell-check?

I guess you are "usxed" to making blunders.

Let me make one thing clear, so clear that even a retard like you might understand. I know you are planning to seduce my Man. It won't happen. He laughs at you.

Sideways, a REAL Woman
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Ok Sideways,I have now emailed the Administrator here and I think it is likely that you are soon to be banned from this Forum. PLease shut the door on your way out.
THEY MUST LEAD
Sideways

smashing solong

Post by Sideways »

Now I know exactly whom the singer/poet Leonard Cohen (decd) had in mind when he wrote "you are the Horse of Babylon". This was the clearest reference to your ugliness and dumbness.

I am now leaving for ever this "discussion" between us. Please note that a discussion normally involves at least 2 sane persons. Beating you was as easy as falling off a monologue.

I won, nyah nyah ne nyah nyah.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I have no idea when Leonard ever wrote about "the Horse of Babylon" and if you can all drag yourself away from the colouring issue I would welcome some input.
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Dear all, I am most disappointed that none of you has helped me find the musical origin of “Horse of Babylon”.

But leaving that aside I have some news that may knock you out, like the omnipresent figure of Mohammed Ali in every Geoffrey sketch.

Sideways and I are now dating! Yes, lovely Sue and I have reached first base (please see title of Elazar’s sadly neglected poem).

Besmitten Solong
Sue me, Sue me
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: Solong and Sue, Sitting in a Tree

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm Now I know exactly whom the singer/poet Leonard Cohen (decd) had in mind when he wrote "you are the Horse of Babylon". This was the clearest reference to your ugliness and dumbness.
solongleonard wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:20 am I have no idea when Leonard ever wrote about "the Horse of Babylon" and if you can all drag yourself away from the colouring issue I would welcome some input.

Hey, Solong, Is this what you wanted? ;-)

The actual lyrics written by Leonard are: "You were the whore and the beast of Babylon".

Taking that into consideration, and depending upon you perspective, perhaps Sideways Sue was simply being more polite by referring to you as a "horse" (I mean, which is better, or worse, being ugly and dumb or being a beastly whore?).

As for your new relationship with Sue, isn't there a word for that, auto-ero-something-or-other...?
LisaLCFan

My turn to be disgruntled

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:33 am Dear all, I am most disappointed that none of you has helped me find the musical origin of “Horse of Babylon”.

Well, all that fuss about not getting a response, and then when you finally do receive an answer to your query, you seem to have left the building.

Of course, I suppose your absence is understandable, since you are probably busy trying to get to second base with Sideways. However, I hope that you shall spare us the details of your romantic conquests, as this is a family forum, after all!

Come to think of it, though, do they actually play baseball over in Old Blighty? I thought that cricket was the game of choice for whacking about a ball with a stick. Cricket is far more civilised than baseball, if you ask me, with all those chaps dressed in white, and having breaks for lunch and tea. Which reminds me, it's time for elevenses, so I must be off!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Since we are now on the topic of cricket, and because this thread is supposed to be about poems (specifically Haiku, for those who may have forgot), and bearing in mind that this is the Leonard Cohen Forum, in addition to the fact that somebody occasionally has to raise the level of discussion around here above the sophomoric silliness that so often prevails, it seems appropriate to bring all of these elements together, and therefore, without further ado, I shall present one of my favourite poems by Leonard Cohen:

"Summer Haiku"

Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
LisaLCFan

An important question for those more experienced than I

Post by LisaLCFan »

I was just wondering: How many consecutive posts does a person have to write on this forum, without receiving any responses, before they are driven to create their own alter-ego (that is, to register with a new screen-name), so that they can appear to be interacting with another person?

If one of you multiple personalities out there (and you know who you are!) can let me know the rules/etiquette on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it!

I remain, for the moment, merely,
LisaLCFan
solongleonard

Re: An important question for those more experienced than I

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 am I was just wondering: How many consecutive posts does a person have to write on this forum, without receiving any responses, before they are driven to create their own alter-ego (that is, to register with a new screen-name), so that they can appear to be interacting with another person?

If one of you multiple personalities out there (and you know who you are!) can let me know the rules/etiquette on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it!

I remain, for the moment, merely,
LisaLCFan

Hello, I think you are new here (although we four know that you used to be called Geoffrey, don't worry I won't tell a bird). The rules are simple that I won't intelligent your insult buy explining thems to youse.

So let us pray and leave it there.

Brown is the colour of skin
that I'd like to be in
cos it doesn't seem right
to be colored so white

solong, so so long
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Solong,

Thank you for your response: basking in your erudition is one of my favourite pastimes. But, as usual, you are a fount of (mis)information (and really, my friend(s), you can spare us some details! As the kids like to say these days, "TMI"!).

Cheers! ;-)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:28 pm Solong,

Thank you for your response: basking in your erudition is one of my favourite pastimes. But, as usual, you are a fount of (mis)information (and really, my friend(s), you can spare us some details! As the kids like to say these days, "TMI"!).

Cheers! ;-)

Geoffrey, it is Kevin Ayers and the Whole World
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

listen, i have only a few seconds. i read everything that is written here, but circumstances make it difficult to participate for the time being. my home is filled with all manner of people, strangers eating pizza and kebabs on the sofa, quarrelling relations fighting and throwing books, cats and guinea pigs chasing a dwarf rabbit, wall-to-wall mattresses in every room, babies being born, etc., etc.
28 jan 2018.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:
LisaLCFan wrote: Solong,

Cheers! ;-)

Geoffrey, it is Kevin Ayers and the Whole World

Sorry, mate, you've lost me on the reference. :(

Incidentally, the "real" Geoffrey seems to be rather busy these days running his commune. However, I have to say this: cloning oneself simply to have "friends" with whom to talk on online forums seems to be taking things a wee bit far. It is so much simpler just to create another screen name, don't you think? And, if resorting to the latter, one doesn't have to wait several years until language skills are acquired, therefore it is much more efficient in the short run. Of course, I suppose things are different in Norway: what else is there to do, once the salted cod has been finished?

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”