unforgettable words

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

unforgettable words

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:22 pm thank you, lisa, for your comment. that is the first time i've seen the word incongruous in this forum. well done! :-)

thank you also to alan, for a cryptic message that i have yet to decipher. you know, perhaps, that leonard was well-versed in the antics of the head piercer, and wrote about him with considerable enthusiasm?

same forum, same century, same "incongruous" recognition denier, the same Norwegian, the same wonderful friend of mine, in a thread that admittedly only lasted for 3 years with thousands of replies, that was dominated by Geoffrey and Violet, here was my favourite part of my favourite post in that wholly unforgettable thread

Violet
User avatarViolet
Re: Daddy's Little Princess.
Post by Violet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

.. sounds that tied me to my father and his family.. [his having been born in Aberdeen]

.. there was the sound of bagpipes in Brooklyn where I lived, as well. I was out, it was also that dusky hour.. and that sound came from a nearby school yard that was empty. And it seemed so incongruous as to have a special beauty.

.. but, even here.. on the water.. where that sound more properly belongs, maybe.. still, it seemed incongruous.. timeless, in a sense.. sad.. but still so beautiful.

I have a yukky, cloudy memory that Violet has passed on.
Geoffrey

Re: unforgettable words

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:34 am I have a yukky, cloudy memory that Violet has passed on.
you didn't finish your sentence, the noun is missing. she has passed on what? she sat for a school exam and got good grades in which subject?

listen, be a man and grow a pair, solong; i accuse you of using a eunuchism! i don't know if the woman's dead or not, but if she is it's healthier to say it like it is rather than camouflage it with pretty paper and ribbons. as you know, i am a shrink, have studied psychology for years, and it is well known that by using disguised language we fool ourselves and create fear - but you surely know this.
https://youtu.be/qvISFZ7bQcE
guilty.jpg
solongleonard

Re: Vote Geoffrey, Vote for change, Dime for Change

Post by solongleonard »

I understand your pain

I foresee you may never make a bold assertion again

I understand your pain

I expect on your parade you never foresaw such rain

I understand your pain

you now choose to treat this defeat with disdain

we understand your pain

Dear Geoffrey, this is obviously an apposite time for you to mend your ways. Although if you take the apposite view, it hardly me will amaze. You disrespect the memory of Violet whether she be resting or resting.

Buddha, can you spare a dime? Now is the time for you to mend your ways. Good Grief, Man! You may have heard we now have a new President. If you confess your extraordinary blunder you will set a new precedent.

In the United States of America, there are now Democrat majorities both in the Senate and incongruous.
LisaLCFan

Re: Vote Geoffrey, Vote for change, Dime for Change

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:51 am ...Buddha, can you spare a dime? Now is the time for you to mend your ways. Good Grief, Man! You may have heard we now have a new President. If you confess your extraordinary blunder you will set a new precedent.

In the United States of America, there are now Democrat majorities both in the Senate and incongruous.

I am humbled in your brilliant presence, Oh Great Witty God of Wordplay, forever appreciative of these vastly amusing and clever thingies that you toss our way.

(I did notice. I always do.)
solongleonard

Re: unworgettable voids

Post by solongleonard »

you are very kind, as always. I am so damn bored after 2 weeks of isolation I shouldn't be miserable as tomorrow I am on the streets once more (=in court) terrorism in the morning, massive drugs in the afternoon. but my work partner, Catherine has bought her own house so much less company here. Booo! no more 3 nights in a row sleepovers. I am staying at hers over the weekend and the BIG question is how Milo takes to her new puppies. He may hate them! 1 cockapoo, 2 Belgian guard dogs, Malinois. At least the situation makes me feel alive.

as to the forum, I remain curious about what happened to Violet and will search more one day for posts about her.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:05 am ... I am so damn bored after 2 weeks of isolation...

Apparently some people are more prone to boredom than others, especially when they're stuck at home, and it may relate to their being either an extrovert or an introvert. I never get bored.

Introverts and Extroverts in Lockdown.jpg
Introverts and Extroverts in Lockdown.jpg (12.02 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i am in bed. we all know violet was you, mike. i go back to sleep now.
solongleonard

Geoffrey- go and sit upon the grass and feel your lumps

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:42 am i am in bed. we all know violet was you, mike. i go back to sleep now.
Oh no! you played Distraction Technique Beginners Level 1, (also known as Red Herring Technique Beginners Level 1) (worse still, known as Giant Fib Beginners Level 1)

you lie in your comfort bed
you lie in your comfort
you lie

I was never Violet, but
I bet you are red
For the lie that you said

I pray you awake and think of the wondrous song "Grass"

here is the original by Ivor Cutler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNHP4Z1 ... tler-Topic

the amazing version by Robert Wyatt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGx587i ... yatt-Topic

and here are the lyrics

GRASS
Ivor Cutler

Go and sit upon the grass
and I shall come and sit beside you.

And we shall talk.
And while we talk I’ll hit your head with a nail to make you understand me.
While we talk I’ll hit your head with a nail to make you understand me.

And do not mind if I thump you when I’m talking to you.
Do not mind if I thump you when I’m talking to you.
I’ve something important to say.

And when I’m gone you can feel the lumps upon your head.
And think about what I said.
And think about what I said.

and feel your lumps.

If she is still alive she would feel Violetated by your false claim.
Geoffrey

Re: Geoffrey- go and sit upon the grass and feel your lumps

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, michael - a lovely musical experience. i reciprocate your kindness with a favourite of my own, a beautiful song i had always hoped leonard would translate and perform, but he never did.
https://youtu.be/2O9OfxS0r08
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

she is one of my favourite kinds of pasta, but as FZ said she is "strictly from commercial".
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Frank! I wear a t-shirt with your face on the front.

I loved it when you wore one showing me!
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”