Some Flarf

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: Some Saturday Fluff

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:16 am ...You may enjoy the lyrics of a wonderful Yes song called "Yours Is No Disgrace". I bet a £ to a penny that's the first time that song has been mentioned on this forum! ...

Very much like two of your recent posts, the lyrics to this song are rather repetitive (whether one reads them once or twice...). They're not that bad, though -- you've quoted much worse! ;-)
solongleonard

Re: Some Flarf

Post by solongleonard »

but my narrow point was that this is the very first time EVER, I am ready to wager, that the very lyrics have e'er been set out HERE on THIS forum

actualment they aren't bad with the music. No more pretentious than so many of that era, and once could, should one so wish, submit to the repetitive drive of the music whilst singing lines like "LOST IN LOSING CIRCUMSTANCES THAT'S JUST WHERE YOU ARE". YES - hhmmm, well it was all a long time ago

anyway, here it all be. Enjoy as much as Art allows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRTtVl3 ... rogChannel

solong

GETTING CLOSE TO DISCLOSING MY REAL NAME SOON! NO ONE HAS EVER GUESSED IT YET!!!!!!!!! WOW, AMAZING
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 am but my narrow point was that this is the very first time EVER, I am ready to wager, that the very lyrics have e'er been set out HERE on THIS forum...

Are you daft? My narrow point was, No, it was not the very first time EVER: you set out the same bloody lyrics five days earlier, in this same thread, on the same page! So, you lose your wager. How much do you owe me? I accept PayPal.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Instead of ca$h, you should get Solong to send you the pony (it can’t be a horse as it’s so slow).
The unfortunate creature would probably would have a better life with you!

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:48 am
solongleonard wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 am but my narrow point was that this is the very first time EVER, I am ready to wager, that the very lyrics have e'er been set out HERE on THIS forum...

Are you daft? My narrow point was, No, it was not the very first time EVER: you set out the same bloody lyrics five days earlier, in this same thread, on the same page! So, you lose your wager. How much do you owe me? I accept PayPal.
Ho hum, think of The Best President Ever - "I was being sarcastic", and despite his misunderstanding the meaning of "sarcasm" I am the authentic side of his feeble alibi. It was meant to be genial banter, so I think "you are lost in losing circumstances, that's just where you are".
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Re: Some 2 year old Filly

Post by solongleonard »

AlanM wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 am Instead of ca$h, you should get Solong to send you the pony (it can’t be a horse as it’s so slow).
The unfortunate creature would probably would have a better life with you!

Alan
I see that, for the first time ever without discussing it with me first, my Trainer has entered the Professor in races for this week. A call to the Stables this afternoon, an impressive win later this week and Life is Sorted!

https://www.skysports.com/racing/form-p ... sor-galant
THEY MUST LEAD
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Ian & Son

"Oh, I feel sympathy. Be grateful my son for what you get.
Expression and passion. Ten days for watching the sunset;
when I was your age amusement we made for ourselves.
''Permission to breathe sir,'' don't talk like that, I'm your old man.
They'll soon be demobbed son, so join up as soon as you can.
You can't borrow that
`cos that's for the races and doesn't grow on trees.

I only feel what touches me
and feel in touching I can see
a better state to be in.
Who has the right
to question what I might do,
in feeling I should touch the real
and only things I feel.

It's advice and it's nice to know when you're best advised.
You've only turned thirty, so son, you'd better apologize.
And when you grow up, if you're good
we will buy you a bike."

https://youtu.be/2_6gDbpNqRQ?t=1

I wore out this album in college, like Leonard, Tull was always underappreciated.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

AlanM wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 am Instead of ca$h, you should get Solong to send you the pony...

Hmm, I have been thinking of getting another pet. Depending on the outcome of this week's races, Solong may be willing to give her away...
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 pm
AlanM wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 am Instead of ca$h, you should get Solong to send you the pony...

Hmm, I have been thinking of getting another pet. Depending on the outcome of this week's races, Solong may be willing to give her away...
she's not running, Gay has pulled her. soon, sooner, soonish she will
THEY MUST LEAD
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

solongleonard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:18 am
I'm not convinced that Banter is your thing
your words and pants are stained
with sweat marks
Try-Hard starring
Bruce Willis
but I cast you as the Lead-Trousers in
"Biggles Flies Undone".

NB - note that it is not "lead", rhyming with "peed"
but "lead" rhyming with "head"
My dearest Diana,
You really have me confused now. Surely in your Scottish accent, "head" and "peed" rhyme, so Watt`s the difference?
Anyhow, I am delighted that you have selected me to have such a significant role in your next production.
So, get your dirigible out of your shed, put some : the fire and send me the script.
Considering your poor grasp of the English tongue, I reserve the left to make alterations. {I also shorten hems and move buttons}.
Nonetheless, you should keep trying and one day you may make a success of your life. Be prepared for a major emotional let-down the following day.

Regarding your false claim that I have not mastered the art of Banter, I would suggest that Badinage is more my style. Note, though, it should never be applied too tightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JGYb8xr34I

Best wishes, as always (maybe)

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”