I rarely write no more, me

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

I rarely write no more, me

Post by solongleonard »

I claim the Under 5 Minute Immunity From Harsh Critique Rule for this late night jot. Flash thoughts are a protected species. A friend told me she was making Fish Pie for her family tonight. And I have half a biscuit left til Sunday

I declined Fish pi
to 365 points, leaving me in a days
I decimated Fish Pi to 10 commandments
Leading me to good ways
Thou shalt not eat meet
leaving me on the veg
of solo dining.
I’m declining
Cos I ate food
last week and the week before
Do it again
I’ll be a boar
and I told you once I don’t eat meat
The Obvious Exception
if I ever saw Johnson
descending rapidly in the river
I’d help him down (then eat his liver)

Ps I do eat meat
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: I rarely write no more, me

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 am ...
if I ever saw Johnson
descending rapidly in the river
I’d help him down (then eat his liver)...

Nice rhyme.

As for your meal
should it come to be
have it with some fava beans
and a nice Chianti.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

You done me a right fava. Thank you verily, Geezer
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Also I must add how great it feels to be captain of the busiest thread on this forum. We are trending! The previous most popular thread, “Cranny” of course, is almost within range
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:42 am Also I must add how great it feels to be captain of the busiest thread on this forum. We are trending! The previous most popular thread, “Cranny” of course, is almost within range
i'm just off to the chemist to buy oil of cloves. the dentist said yesterday i have to stop doing this, i said stop doing what. she said coming here when there's nothing wrong. she took pictures with some sort of ray-gun and said there's no cracks, no inflammation and they're all sitting fast and stable in the gums like they should be. she said it's psychosomatic what i'm experiencing. i didn't sleep a wink with the excruciating pain, i took all sorts of painkillers but they just take the top of it. i tried a packet of frozen peas on my jaw, but on youtube they said you have to go to the chemist and buy oil of cloves and that does the trick. if the bottle doesn't have a dropper they said you can dab it on with a q-tip. when i get back home i can say what happened - ok? yesterday i had dinner at 'tante bruun', so maybe i go there again - but i won't be long.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

THEY MUST LEAD

Define "crazy".

As for psychosomatic afflictions, it would probably be more beneficial for a person to go see a mental health professional, rather than going to a health professional who normally treats real versions of whatever affliction the person believes themselves to be suffering. But, of course, that would require the person so afflicted to be aware of the fact that their affliction is psychosomatic, as well as accepting that they have a mental health problem. It would also require that the person is willing to put as much confidence in a mental health professional as they do in the dentists, physicians, etc, that they normally go to for treatment when their psychosomatic afflictions flare up. In my personal experience, I have found that other people can be quite resistant to accepting and doing what I have just suggested, and thus, for the most part, their behaviour never changes and their problems never go away.

As for watching random Youtube videos in which somebody called "they" prescribes various treatments for real or imagined ailments, well, Good luck with that! ;-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

P.S. In my above post, I was merely musing on occurrences of psychosomatic afflictions and those who suffer from them. I was not diagnosing Geoffrey's present toothache as psychosomatic -- I am in no position to do any such thing. Having experienced severe (and non-psychosomatic) toothache pain numerous times in the past, I know that it can be extremely unpleasant and intrusive. Another musing: not all dentists are as competent as others.

In the absence of clove oil, perhaps whole dried cloves could be used, or ground cloves with a bit of olive oil -- one can usually buy cloves at supermarkets in the spice aisle -- they are common, here. Truly, I wish you good luck!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I have met Geoffrey and can state that he wears very nice cloves. I particularly admired the mankini he wore to the airport.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, lisa, for your insightful messages. it was a rough night, almost unbearable, even considered driving to the hospital. earlier in the evening i had used a toothpick, a type with a little brush on the end, in order to get between the teeth and clean more effectively - and this must have irritated a sensitive gum area. my entire jaw was throbbing violently, and the double dose of painkillers i took (paralgin forte) gave virtually no respite; even though my body reacted otherwise to the opioid content. for a while i thought i had taken too much, i felt weird, my facial tic was completely out of control and i was frightened, but now it's morning and i am still here.

the toothache is 90% gone as i write this, but i am hesitant to eat any breakfast for fear of awakening more pain - so i'll wait a while. yes, the competence of a dentist is important, and i think female dentists have a special ability to calm a worried patient, much moreso than a man. men are, generally speaking, less able to express a genuine empathy and concern that seems to be natural in a woman. this is why they make good nurses in hospitals. my dentist is perfect, we are on first name basis, she knows me well, explains everything - and makes me feel safe. if she tells me she suspects my pain is psychosomatic i believe her, even though that doesn't make the pain any less - to me it is real.

this is all a throwback from earlier experiences from butcher dentists who should never have been given a licence, who cause patients to develop an extreme phobia, who had no knowledge of psychology, no real expertise, no idea on how to treat anxiety.
---------------
to michael:
yes, it was good of you to make the long trip to this part of the world :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:32 am ... [confirms Lisa's suspicions of G's mental state]...

Thanks for the reply!

solongleonard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 am I have met Geoffrey ... I particularly admired the mankini he wore to the airport.

That's an image that none of us needs. :shock:
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I have designed a 2 piece swimming costume for ladies. I have named it the "womankini" . I am reet proud of this title.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:53 pm I have designed a 2 piece swimming costume for ladies. I have named it the "womankini".

Very original -- did you patent it, or is it just plain nylon? I think I saw one of your designs the other day:

Sassy 2 piece womankini.jpeg
solongleonard

you call yourself a mankini?

Post by solongleonard »

that I presume is Geoffrey? Be I right? I wouldn't patent it as I just don't care about ownership
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Thanks for the reply!

you are welcome. i think i now know the cause, and on monday will return to the dentist. i believe i have what is called a 'high point' on a lower tooth that needs filing down slightly to make it meet the upper jaw properly. the upper tooth area is totally inflamed at the moment, and my doctor today gave me very strong tablets. just wanted to tell you this, no need to respond. i am not imagining this pain.
squiggles.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: you call yourself a mankini?

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:05 am that I presume is Geoffrey? Be I right?

Yes it is -- his previously announced weight-loss programme has clearly been effective!

solongleonard wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:05 am I wouldn't patent it as I just don't care about ownership

I'm hurt: you ignored my double entendre -- "did you patent it, or is it just plain nylon".

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”