I know you've not been
The most faithful of men
Except to your art
But don't you think
This is going a bit too far?
lazariuk

Re: Though he die, yet shall he live...

Post by lazariuk »

Well done. There are some men whose life shine brighter after death than when they lived it.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lazariuk wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 am Well done. There are some men whose life shine brighter after death than when they lived it.
sexist
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm
lazariuk wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 am Well done. There are some men whose life shine brighter after death than when they lived it.
sexist
It is easy for me to imagine the truth that can be shown by using a single word to respond to two very different thoughts.
I said “ well done” to the writer who expressed well what Layton might say to Leonard. Layton came across to me as a disgusting pig who would go so far as to number the hairs on the face of the mother of his children and tell us how much she disgusted him.
The other thing I said was that after his death it can be shown that Leonard broke free of such men as Layton, something that couldn’t be shown as well when he was living his life.
It may or may not have been your intention when you wrote that single word to have it be a word that defines the difference between the two men, but it is not too late for it to be your intention now. Integrity in the now is all that matters.
Consider why Leonard said to Bob Dylan that he liked Bob’s song I and I and why Bob was willing to sing Hallelujah.
Last edited by lazariuk on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
solongleonard

Re: Though he dye, yet shall he wear green forever...

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm
sexist
Hi Geoffrey, I am obviously not asking you to change your posting habits. fyi I have set up a block on seeing any of Jack's "thoughts" directly and that's working well. It's great not to waste more time offering education to the class recidivistic dunce.

You quoting him creates a problem as his corrosive effect then creeps a little bit into the pleasure of this forum. If he did ever reply to your observation "sexist" , please don't quote it!

apart from that I hope your trip (is it continuing?) is a great success

solongleonard
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: Though he dye, yet shall he wear green forever...

Post by Geoffrey »

solong wrote:
>I hope your trip (is it continuing?) is a great success

hello solong.
been traveling all day, but home at last. thank you so much for thinking of me, and for the positive words. i have to unpack now, and then sleep. good to be in touch with you again. will try to catch up with everything, even though that is likely a chimeric construct of the brain. hope you are well :-)
DennisBerlin

Post by DennisBerlin »

Dear Robert, I really like this one.

It's got the right tone of irony veiling the sorrow behind it.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”