never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan »

Love the painted/stained glass, Bev! Wonderfully colourful -- I love bright colourful things!

And Geoffrey, I particularly like the dour Leonard portrait posted on the 21st (my timezone) -- nice to see a bit of colour! ;-)

Cheers!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

you are some talented people. the lovely messages written to me will receive a response. just waiting for the right moment. meanwhile . . . :)
pardon me sir, i meant not to do it.jpg
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

i wonder why people wonder why i wonder about things i wonder about
:shock:
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:15 am Hi again Geoffrey,
I’ve just this minute taken the photo below of my double hung window in the bathroom with the underwater scene I designed and painted over 30 years ago using the same transparent stained-glass paints and 3D tube leading as for the previous fish artwork - thanks for your kind words about it!

I have retouched the design below in some areas a few times over the years and you are right in saying there would be some deterioration because as you can see from my image, there is. The window faces the harsh western sun but it’s a cloudy day today so the light behind the glass isn’t as bright as normal – here the sun is nearly always shining!

016 my window.jpg

btw - I spend as long as it takes to accomplish my artwork whether that's 5 minutes or 5 days :)
so beautiful, thank you for showing. i notice that your friends persistently refer to you as 'bev'/'beverley', and if it is all right with you i too will call you by your first name. this issue has come up before, and i am sure you gave your blessing; but should i be mistaken it is no problem to continue using your moniker. your glass windows reminds me of a window in a church very close to my home. it is called volsdalen kirke, and is decorated with many pictures by the late artist frans widerberg. from the altar to the roof is what we call a 'splint' - a long thin segmented stained glass window. spending up to five days on a picture is impressive, you must really be dedicated to do that. i recently spent two days on a picture, the big one hanging in the police station, but it was only for an hour or two each day. i was so fed up with it after all that time.

yesterday i was invited with several others to a couple who live down near the fjord. lots of nice home-made food, everybody chattering small-talk the whole time and i almost didn't say anything. i think i was nervous because i hadn't been there before, and i'm not good at joining in when the chattering is hectic. it lasted two and a half hours, and when i came home i sent a mail to the couple apologising for being a little quiet. the lady wrote a nice message back saying she understood completely, and said that now i know where they live i was welcome to visit anytime and there wouldn't be so many people. the koldtbord she had prepared looked delicious, yet all i could eat were two small sandwiches. one with scrambled egg with smoked salmon, and one of gouda cheese with red paprika and cucumber on the top.

this afternoon i am going to a birthday party. we are going to be about twelve or thirteen guests, but that's all right because i have been there many times and know everybody - they know i have a facial tic (tourette syndrome) and are used to it. it's like having an itch that you can't avoid scratching, and i get so worried and exhausted. i listen to a lot of billie eilish songs, even play them on guitar. she also has a tic - her eyes mostly. in november a russian ballet company is coming to give a performance of 'swan lake' and i managed to get tickets. such a tragic ending, but so are many ballet and operatic creations.

please don't think about answering any of this. i just wrote while spraying fixative every few minutes onto some pictures. :)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I saw my love target today, and following your advice, I sprayed her with "fixative every five minutes". I am not sure she was overly impressed and I had to explain that you were in an hurry and, English being your first naiive language, perhaps you made mistaking wordies.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

michael. apart from it being detrimental to one's health, no person continually working an exhaustive 15 hours a day can be expected to maintain efficiency in their assignments. they are doing no favours to anyone, not to themselves and certainly not to a client who needs somebody fresh and alert to act on their behalf. if one's workload necessitates such long hours then there is something disturbingly wrong with the system.

the reason you follow me is likely connected to the same motivation behind this workaholism, a longing to leave some kind of footprint when you finally depart from this world. no one remembers a defence lawyer after they have gone, but a gifted musician, writer or artist such as myself, is talked about and revered long into the future - and you have realised this. so have no fear, your many responses to my messages are practically guaranteeing your name being mentioned in a footnote.

on a more personal note, regarding your 'grasshopper' love affairs and unbalanced behaviour, i long ago diagnosed you as an emophiliac - constantly falling in and out of love - an inability to form any kind of permanent relationship. this is something i cannot help you with because, according to your file which i have before me, it is engrained in your personality. leonard cohen sang there ain't no cure for it, although i would wager a lobotomy, electric shock treatment, would work wonders.
solongleonard

Leather pending Hilary

Post by solongleonard »

During my long relationship with Justyna, I consistently told her 2 lies. When she called me from Poland it went like this

"Michael, are you eating properly? "of course, Justyna, of course"

"Michael, are you sleeping properly?" "of course, Justyna, of course"

Oh dear, you are so far out about my work. I do it to pay tax bills. I am not interested in "a kind of footprint".

And even more far out, Man, about me being affected with a blood defect that is characterized by delayed clotting of the blood.

Yes, I am so blessed to have fallen in love again! It is just great. This time it is with a woman who has a satisfactory relationship that has lasted over 10 years. I am sure that the man will look back on their time together, with great fondness.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Back to art...
B4real wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:15 am ...the underwater scene I designed and painted over 30 years ago using the same transparent stained-glass paints and 3D tube leading...
I was once again admiring your lovely piece of artwork/interior design, enjoying the various different fish and other underwater life depicted. That makes me wish to ask you, Bev, if you've ever been snorkelling or diving and thus if you have first-hand experience with those wonderful creatures? I have snorkelled quite a lot over the years -- on holidays, of course! -- including on the Great Barrier Reef in your general neck of the woods, and I've never ceased to be thrilled and amazed at the beautiful and fascinating array of colours, patterns, shapes, and sizes of the animals and plants who inhabit those areas. It is truly like visiting another world, absolutely magical and life-changing!

Sticking with this theme, here's a painting I did a year or two ago of one of my favourite denizens of the sea, although not quite a realist depiction ;-) :

LisaLCFan Sea Turtle.jpg
mat james

Post by mat james »

"Yes, I am so blessed to have fallen in love again! It is just great. This time it is with a woman who has a satisfactory relationship that has lasted over 10 years. I am sure that the man will look back on their time together, with great fondness."

hahaha :shock: :lol: :lol:
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
B4real

Post by B4real »

Glad you liked my window, Lisa!
I really love your turtle – such expressive freedom of colour and design!

I did live and work on Hayman Island in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef for some years when I was 18 to 21. I still live in close proximity to the reef but further south. By no means am I an expert snorkeller but I did a bit of it when I lived on the island. Nice to know you snorkelled on our beautiful Great Barrier Reef too!

Check out the pic below – I’m the one holding the trimaran’s anchor rope in one hand and my snorkel and flippers in the other. We were anchored off a very small island near Hayman Island called Bali Hai with beautiful coral and colourful fish and at the time uninhabited by humans - don't think it would be now...
Ah, those were the days, my friend, we thought they’d never end ...

Bev-at-Bali-Hai-snorkelling.jpg
btw - one day when I was snorkelling off the Hayman Island jetty I lost a valuable opal necklace. I really should have taken it off first. I remember seeing many stingrays at the time. Maybe one of them (or a mermaid) picked it up ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

B4real wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:12 am ...Check out the pic below...
Ah, that looks wonderful -- that clear water, fabulous! What a lucky gal you were (and are!) to live in such a warm and beautiful place. Of course, where I live has its beauty, too -- but I am still envious! :mrgreen:

Glad you like my turtle -- it was great fun to do! Cheers!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Ah, Lisa, at this time of the year it is me who is envious!
It gets TOO hot here!! I've often said on the forum I would kill for a snowflake or two over the coming few months ;-)

While speaking about the Great Barrier Reef, a thought came to mind of talking to Hattie Webb at our same hotel in Townsville on the very last tour. She told me that when they were in Cairns, Charley, and if I remember rightly, her as well, had gone to nearby Green Island to see the Great Barrier Reef for the first time. That night at the concert you could see that Charley had gotten a little sunburnt :)

Still speaking of the LC tour, a recent post by Jarkko has reminded me of this because I was at that same 2010 Brisbane concert in the centre front row - https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 98#p377698
I remember when LC finished touring that same year it wasn’t certain that the tour would continue so Marie and others made a book-card up with messages from forum members to give to Leonard as a personal memento from us to him. Maybe some of you contributed to it. As well as my message, I was honoured to have one of my portraits of him included on the closing cover.

card for lc fr cover.jpg
card for lc bk cover.jpg
And I really can’t help repeating the line in my last post, but with a twist, “Those were the days, my friend, we thought they were at an end” ....but how little did we know that we had another 3 years of concerts ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

great stuff from you guys!!! :) (will be back when everybody leaves me alone)
i'll just die if i don't get this recipe.jpg
isaac, he is nine weeks old :)
isaac.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:here's a painting I did a year or two ago of one of my favourite denizens of the sea, although not quite a realist depiction ;-) :
brilliant, in every way. my first thought when seeing this psychedelic turtle was that it would make a splendid eye-catching brooch, perhaps made of precious stones and worn by a princess. turtles are lovely peaceful creatures, and their endearing reputation is another reason why i dislike leonard's 'jazz police' song. apart from his disrespectful attitude towards turtles, jazz is my least favourite genre of music.

anyway, bravo - a beautiful picture!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:36 am ...brilliant, in every way. my first thought when seeing this psychedelic turtle was that it would make a splendid eye-catching brooch, perhaps made of precious stones and worn by a princess... bravo - a beautiful picture!

Thanks, Geoffrey! :D

I love the idea of a colourful little bejeweled turtle -- it would make a very fetching brooch, indeed! Cheers!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”