never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
The Brucester

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by The Brucester »

LisaLCFan, not only do I like it...I love it !!!
Absolutely beautiful. :D

Thank you for sharing.

- Brucester
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks, Brucester, that is so nice of you to say! You have definitely made my day! :D

Cheers!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 amHere's a daisy I did in watercolours. Hope you like it.
how could anyone not like it, lisa - it's beautiful. you have been holding back on us. a person who can do that is a person who can do anything. :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks, Geoffrey -- high praise, indeed, from one as talented as yourself! :D But, you may overestimate me a little bit with your latter remark (thank you, nonetheless -- very kind of you to say!).
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Thanks, Geoffrey -- high praise, indeed, from one as talented as yourself! :D But, you may overestimate me a little bit with your latter remark (thank you, nonetheless -- very kind of you to say!).

i probably have a little talent, though not too much, which is why i have never, in seriousness, titled myself as 'artist'. i can maybe impress people by running off a picture or two (i like playing with charcoal), but as the old adage says: a goose looks fine until it stands by a peacock. i don't think i could in a hundred years paint such a beautiful flower (marguerite daisy?) as you.

"the necessary qualifications for being a poet are arrogance and inexperience,
and i had lots of those types of qualifications.
" -leonard cohen
night comes on.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm ...as the old adage says: a goose looks fine until it stands by a peacock...

Not all old adages are true, and I do not buy into that one: the beauty of one particular thing should not been seen as diminishing the beauty of another thing -- both can be as beautiful as can be, in their own way and by their own nature. If I saw a goose and a peacock side-by-side, I would undoubtedly think, "What a beautiful goose! And, what a beautiful peacock!" -- to me, neither takes away from the other. (I am actually rather fond of geese!)

I am also rather fond of your portraits of Leonard! Ink and charcoal, is that what you used for this latest one?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 pm
Geoffrey wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm ...as the old adage says: a goose looks fine until it stands by a peacock...
Not all old adages are true, and I do not buy into that one: the beauty of one particular thing should not been seen as diminishing the beauty of another thing -- both can be as beautiful as can be, in their own way and by their own nature. If I saw a goose and a peacock side-by-side, I would undoubtedly think, "What a beautiful goose! And, what a beautiful peacock!" -- to me, neither takes away from the other. (I am actually rather fond of geese!)

I am also rather fond of your portraits of Leonard! Ink and charcoal, is that what you used for this latest one?
my word, you have an unusually honorable attitude concerning visual comparisons of types of fowl, and such fairness expressed by an individual would certainly encourage me to believe that a charitable judgement of this calibre might well extend beyond mere groups of birds. so, by and large it could be argued that you possess a quality of character that many would do well to strive for.

concerning this latest picture of mine, the media used was charcoal exclusively. paper used is A3 (40 x 30cm) 300g textured. firstly a rough outline plus a few extra lines here and there for effect, then added shading by dipping an old soft brush into a pile of black charcoal dust, then rubbing the side of a charcoal stick to create the dark background, then just going over some lines with a stick of dark brown charcoal. it's best to use soft charcoal, because the hard stuff is not easy to correct, the special kneadable eraser is virtually useless, so soft charcoal is the thing. finally sprayed multiple times with fixative. the entire process takes no time at all, but not recommended for anyone who likes clean hands.

thank you for taking an interest, and i hope we will see more of your work. a number of people like to share their poems, but pictures are more seldom, and that's such a pity.

link below for any guitarists wanting to know the chords to 'chelsea hotel' ;-)

busy couple of days coming up :-(
-g
https://youtu.be/dm-n7-IfvLs
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

rough pic of a gentleman with whom i am acquainted :-)
low res.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"my range is very limited; the four notes i can sing are getting lower and lower - i like it down there."
limited range.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i decided i couldn't live as a coward, i had to sing or I was nothing."
singing or nothing..jpg
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

That shines light on his singing
“Don’t really have the courage
To stand where I must stand”
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lazariuk wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 am That shines light on his singing
“Don’t really have the courage
To stand where I must stand”
why stand when one can sit?
øb.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 pm why stand when one can sit?

Your friend is going to have back problems, sitting in that sort of chair in that sort of position. I hope he doesn't do that too often. It makes my back hurt just looking at it.

Nice sketches, though. I like the smiling Leonards -- the second one (in blue/grey) appears to be a twin to your 21 October sketch (just not in the same colours). I very much like the idea of doing the same pictures in different colours -- it is interesting, to me, how a colour change can make a picture seem so different, infusing it with a different vibe/mood, and even causing one to see it in a somewhat different way, almost as if from a different perspective, even if the physical angle is exactly the same.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Your friend is going to have back problems, sitting in that sort of chair in that sort of position. I hope he doesn't do that too often. It makes my back hurt just looking at it.

well, though it may not be visible, i can assure you that he has a big cushion supporting his spine ;-)

>Nice sketches, though. I like the smiling Leonards -- the second one (in blue/grey) appears to be a twin to your 21 October sketch (just not in the same colours). I very much like the idea of doing the same pictures in different colours -- it is interesting, to me, how a colour change can make a picture seem so different, infusing it with a different vibe/mood, and even causing one to see it in a somewhat different way, almost as if from a different perspective, even if the physical angle is exactly the same.

always uplifting to interact with a thinking person. the first picture was a variation on a standard leonard cohen image freely available on the internet, as is my usual modus operandi. the most recent one was just a haphazard version made while looking at my first one - both in a small notebook carried around in an inside jacket pocket.

i have been meaning to attempt a flower or two, having been greatly inspired by your wonderful daisy - but haven't yet managed to get that far.
balance.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: well, though it may not be visible, i can assure you that he has a big cushion supporting his spine ;-)

That's a relief (for both me and him!).

Geoffrey wrote: i have been meaning to attempt a flower or two, having been greatly inspired by your wonderful daisy - but haven't yet managed to get that far.

I am glad to hear that I've inspired you -- how very nice! As for not yet having attempted it, I can relate to that: I often find that inspiration and action do not always go hand-in-hand, no matter how much I may think about and even want to do something, because actually doing it is just a bit more than I can manage. It can be frustrating, but sometimes it just seems to be the way it is.

You've inspired me, too -- to post a picture or two. Here's another of my flowers, this one a drawing in coloured pencil. Cheers!
Lisa LCFan Amaryllis sketch.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”