never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re-Location

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:28 pm alan wrote:
>my dental appointment is 10:55am tomorrow

what an alarming sentence! this would never occur in norway. nobody in scandinavia would ever be called into the dentist at such a strange time. do you really not see a red flag here? ...i must say, alan, i am both shocked and disturbed by 10:55am - not least by your apparent blind compliance and lack of suspicion. ... how can anyone have confidence in such a dentist? ... if i were you i would ask around and see if you can find a better one.

Geoffrey, I have noticed that you appear to have an automatic tendency to assume the worst of everyone: even the most seemingly innocent things are construed by you to have a sinister or otherwise unsavory ulterior motive attached to them. It is as if you do not trust anybody to be a decent, honest person, and instead, you assume that everyone is deviously fiendish. I am sure that your DSM-5 has a thing or two to say about such a mindset.

On other matters, clearly, your friend Lazariuk did not carefully read your previous post about the date of your dental appointment.
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you. i am going to try to digest these latest messages, and see if i can come up with some sort of response acceptable to everyone involved. meanwhile, i need to lie on my bed and meditate while silently looking at the ceiling. i light a candle, burn a joss stick, and carefully put my thoughts in order as the little shadows dance happily around the ornamental centerpiece - even sometimes reaching the cornice and frieze. by the way, i don't worry too much about jack. he is a good-natured gentleman, but frequently goes off the rails, so to speak. there is not a lot that can be done when this happens, except perhaps to give him a wide berth until he has regained his posture.
----------------------------------------------------------
this next picture (sketched as i drank a cup of mango-flavoured ecological iced tea with la bohème playing in the background) i call 'now it's come to distances'.
now it's come to distances.jpg
lazariuk

Re: Re-Location

Post by lazariuk »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm
On other matters, clearly, your friend Lazariuk did not carefully read your previous post about the date of your dental appointment.
Clearly you do not appreciate my ability to time travel.

Actually you are right and so maybe all my efforts were in vain. In my prayers I did refer to him as Tuxedo Snow because Geoffrey is another name for Godfried and that reminds me of Gilbert Godfried who he probably sounds like in person with all his whining about everything.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

leonard cohen wrote:the lady in blue, she's asking for revenge
lady in blue.jpg
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

I ride on a mail train baby, can’t buy a shrill.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
AlanM

Re: Re-Location

Post by AlanM »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm
Geoffrey wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:28 pm alan wrote:
>my dental appointment is 10:55am tomorrow

what an alarming sentence! this would never occur in norway. nobody in scandinavia would ever be called into the dentist at such a strange time. do you really not see a red flag here? ...i must say, alan, i am both shocked and disturbed by 10:55am - not least by your apparent blind compliance and lack of suspicion. ... how can anyone have confidence in such a dentist? ... if i were you i would ask around and see if you can find a better one.
Geoffrey, I think the 5 minutes early thing is to allow time for the interrogation, making sure that I have not stolen someone else's identity since my previous check-up.
Thanks for the link, but "none of the above" apply, so I think I'm OK.
2 fillings next week, one of which I diagnosed myself.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

AlanM wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:37 amGeoffrey, I think the 5 minutes early thing is to allow time for the interrogation, making sure that I have not stolen someone else's identity since my previous check-up.
dear alan,
i have something to say about this, but have to drive immediately to brattvåg and catch the boat to harøya. beautiful weather. be back tonight :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

hello again, alan. am glad yesterday is over, a sad anniversary on an island north of here. today doesn't look too promising either, so far. stopped for a slice of blueberry pie in a local cafe here in town, but the table was not too clean.

i was initially hoping to discuss in depth with you and lisa the words that have been written concerning your dental appointment and the comments that have been made. the various thoughts zigzagging across my prefrontal cortex, however, require an extended opportunity to further deliberate upon the matter in order to arrive at a fair conclusion.
cafe.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Don't worry about responding to us, Geoffrey -- I know how these things are. Just take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're once again ready for some verbal sparring, art, or anything at all.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:22 am Don't worry about responding to us, Geoffrey -- I know how these things are. Just take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're once again ready for some verbal sparring, art, or anything at all.
it seems the female gender often has a level of compassion unattainable by most males. thank you, lisa - means a great deal :)
harøya.jpg
picture from five minutes ago
women have been exceptionally kind to my old age.jpg
"Logic will get you from A to B, but imagination will take you everywhere" - albert einstein
blackening pages.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

we all need to be reminded to never give up :-)
reminder.jpg
if you want a partner take my hand :)
jogging.jpg
2021.06.25.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" -bob dylan
murderer.jpg
close-ups of adult male faces: moroccan & canadian jewish
ole mary todd's calling, so i guess it must be time for bed.jpg
i love rumours, facts can be so misleading.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

love's the only engine of survival
just because you are a character doesn't mean you HAVE character.jpg
it's like a wax museum with a pulse.jpg
one hour ago, taken by juanita after trimming my hair :-)
how do you want that shake, martin & lewis or amos 'n andy.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

yet another grubby sketchbook filled. i think this is a good place to stop now, while i'm at the bottom. this final pic ('she wants to be his woman') was drawn on a 'foldout' page. thank you to the few lovely souls for encouragement via comments, wish i could have done better. incidentally, no holes at the dentist, she just polished them. enormous relief that it's over! now i can enjoy summer :-)
--------------------------------------------------
foldout
foldout.jpg
she wants to be his woman
she wants to be his woman.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending departures

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey,

Is this another of your famous farewells, the kind that never last very long? If so, see you when you come back. If not... well, that's rather unlikely, so I won't worry.

Enjoy the summer, and -- Cheers!

P.S. Love that sketch of young Leonard!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”