This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

who in the night time . . .

Post by Geoffrey »

night time.jpg
solongleonard

Re: who in the nightshirt

Post by solongleonard »

lovely to see you back posting, Geoffrey. I am sure you understand why I say that. I think a number of people in your position after the "see you naked" thread would also have withdrawn wounded. you are more resilient than the average bear.

so, welcome back and you have returned with an absolute "corker"! this is one of the best Dustin Hoffman sketches I have ever seen.

obviously, you know how much I admire and like you. I apologise for all my past and future sins, especially the future ones.

this place is irritatingly dead and I have almost no other with whom to play-fight
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: who in the night time

Post by Geoffrey »

can't write now. you have no idea of the conditions under which i am living. will try to get back to you :-)
solongleonard

Re: who in the night ingale

Post by solongleonard »

I know exactly your conditions. Until now I have preserved confidentiality but I no longer care . It really wasn't bright of you to get dunk regularly and chant "a singer must die".

However, why the hell are they making you serve your sentence in only a minimum security prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bast%C3%B8y_Prison

Why aren't they thinking more about protection of the public? You, and particularly your doodles, are so obviously dangerous.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: who in the night time

Post by Geoffrey »

people telling how inferior the little lad is, and eventually it is believed. children are so impressionable, the message sticks with them their whole life, people who give praise are patronising, they don't really mean it. the world can be a complicated and cruel place, nothing that is accomplished has any worth, success belongs to anyone but yourself. so much sorrow, you dare not invest love in someone because the hurt when they forever become unreachable is intolerable. in the end you stop caring about what happens, the criticism, the silence, hollow promises, feelings being ignored, the disinterest, the lack of humanity - it doesn't seem important any more, very little does. the only thing i want is to be alone, to write vignettes, to play my guitar, to make pictures, as poor as i always have been at doing these things - nobody really cares anyway.
solongleonard

Re: who in the Knight armour

Post by solongleonard »

Let me tell you a wee tale, my little wee friend, (or as we used to call ones like you when I grew up in the Glascow tenements, you “nippy sweetie”).

I did a stand-up gig not so long ago when I made the rookie error of not adjusting to the youth of my audience. They had probably not even heard of Frank Sinatra let alone did they know the lyrics of My Way.

And so it came to pass that my great line about his interview pre-Mafia days, when he was applying for a position of Head Chef, and they asked him about dressings for avocado, and he replied “Vinegarettes, I’ve had a few”, impressed no one.

Humiliated, I sought the advice of humorists who had died within the last 100 years but never the Twain I met.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”