minimalism?

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: minimalism?

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:02 pm
Geoffrey wrote:... michael's wordplay is based upon the word 'barnet' which in norwegian means 'the child'. ('barn' means 'child', while 'et' at the end of a word means simply 'the' - a suffix of the neutral (intetkjønn) gender. so, whereas 'barnet' means 'the child', so 'et barn' would mean 'a child'. might sound a little complicated to anyone unaccustomed to language genders, but it's not so hard if a desire to learn is present...
So, it's a kind of "buzzword". (That's another subtle bit of wordplay! ;-) )
Geoffrey wrote:...
private message to michael, nothing important:
hei mike, dette er viktig! meldingen din, morsom som den utvilsomt er, utelukker de som har null kunnskap om de skandinaviske språkene, og det er, selvfølgelig, svært beklagelig. fred være med deg :-)
"Fred" be with you, too!

la oss utelukke alle
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Minimalismo

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: la oss utelukke alle
Pro la eksterordinara ekskludismo montrita en la lastaj kelkaj afiŝoj, mi sugestas, ke ĉiuj estontaj diskutoj en ĉi tiu forumo subsekcio estu realigitaj en Esperanto, la unu vera internacia lingvo.

Ĉiuj vort-ludoj, inkluzive de pigraj referencoj al angla-futbalkaj kluboj kaj abeloj, ankaŭ devas esti en Esperanto.

Dankon.
LisaLCFan

Solongleonard has questionable taste in music

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Jeremy Bentham was a man of leisure, took his pleasure in the evening sun...
Was he camping at Emerson Lakes? It is a lovely and rustic place (about 275 kms from where I live) but there are not any Palms there, it's far too cold in this part of the world for them to grow.

http://www.tracksandtrails.ca/item/emer ... cial-park/
solongleonard

Re: Solongleonard has questionable taste in music

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 am
solongleonard wrote: Jeremy Bentham was a man of leisure, took his pleasure in the evening sun...
Was he camping at Emerson Lakes? It is a lovely and rustic place (about 275 kms from where I live) but there are not any Palms there, it's far too cold in this part of the world for them to grow.

http://www.tracksandtrails.ca/item/emer ... cial-park/

are you teasing, Tarkus the Mickey?
Last edited by solongleonard on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Re: Minimalismo

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:46 am
solongleonard wrote: la oss utelukke alle
Pro la eksterordinara ekskludismo montrita en la lastaj kelkaj afiŝoj, mi sugestas, ke ĉiuj estontaj diskutoj en ĉi tiu forumo subsekcio estu realigitaj en Esperanto, la unu vera internacia lingvo.

Ĉiuj vort-ludoj, inkluzive de pigraj referencoj al angla-futbalkaj kluboj kaj abeloj, ankaŭ devas esti en Esperanto.

Dankon.

sometimes I just easparanto of you
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

荒誕

Post by LisaLCFan »

This multilingual-fest is becoming Daff-a-Down-Dilly. I vote a return to English. All in favour, say "Aye"!
solongleonard

Re: 荒誕

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:51 pm This multilingual-fest is becoming Daff-a-Down-Dilly. I vote a return to English. All in favour, say "Aye"!
and even my tarkus wordplay above is close to the yiddish slang for butt
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

A pain in the tuchus?

Post by LisaLCFan »

That is not an Emerson, Lake and Palmer reference.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

but Tarkus
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: but Tarkus
Do you mean, "butt tuchus"? (See my previous subject line... ;-) )
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

tuchus. Tarkus, was the original word-play but most disturbingly you seem unaware of the home of Jeremy Bender.

Yesterday, I just sold another 50 vinyl to a dealer, followed by giving another 40 to a charity shop, and in one of the piles was Tarkus.

Now, honestly, which of us, back in 1971, did not learn from the title track lyrics

Had you talked to the winds of time
Then you'd know how the waters rhyme
Taste of wine

How can you know where you've been?
In time you'll see the sign
And realize your sin
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: ageism?

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:...Now, honestly, which of us, back in 1971, did not learn from the title track lyrics...

Firstly, I did get the Tarkus reference (I can Google, and I am good at it!). :)

Secondly, as for your query, the answer would be: me! I don't want to make you feel old or anything, but back in 1971, the only lyrics I was learning from were more along the lines of:

Do you know the muffin man? ... He lives on Drury Lane, and

Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full!

Deep and enlightening stuff! 8)
solongleonard

Re: ageism?

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:15 pm
solongleonard wrote:...Now, honestly, which of us, back in 1971, did not learn from the title track lyrics...

Firstly, I did get the Tarkus reference (I can Google, and I am good at it!). :)

Secondly, as for your query, the answer would be: me! I don't want to make you feel old or anything, but back in 1971, the only lyrics I was learning from were more along the lines of:

Do you know the muffin man? ... He lives on Drury Lane, and

Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full!

Deep and enlightening stuff! 8)
your shocking failure to condemn those chants is shocking. I, for one, am shocked.

"muffin man" - disgracefully sexist

"black sheep" - disgracefully racist.

And hardly a coincidence that Geoffrey belongs in both of the victim groups attacked in your early war-hymns

agghhhhh, I am going to lie down

solong *

* shocked
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: humanism

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:...your shocking failure to condemn those chants is shocking. I, for one, am shocked...

Oh, but I do condemn them! I, too, am shocked, and quite appalled, that my parents and teachers would try to indoctrinate me with the oppressive intersectionality advocated within so-called "nursery rhymes", which you so rightly refer to as "war-hymns". It was abject mind control, brainwashing of the innocent with repetitive and catchy jingles that we children would happily sing, day and night, unaware of the psychic harm being inflicted upon us (or the harm that those "lyrics" were inflicting upon others).

However, there was another "hymn", one of peace, coincidentally written "back in 1971", that later had a far greater impact on me, once I had attained enough self-awareness to think for myself and to forge my own humanistic path, thus breaking the spell of my past indoctrination and enabling me to throw off its tyrannical shackles. It was this song, which, to this day, is my credo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgFZfRVaww

There is always hope, my dear solongleonard, as long as there are those who embrace what is right and good. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!
solongleonard

Re: cannibalism

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:01 pm
solongleonard wrote:...your shocking failure to condemn those chants is shocking. I, for one, am shocked...

However, there was another "hymn", one of peace, coincidentally written "back in 1971", that later had a far greater impact on me, once I had attained enough self-awareness to think for myself and to forge my own humanistic path, thus breaking the spell of my past indoctrination and enabling me to throw off its tyrannical shackles. It was this song, which, to this day, is my credo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgFZfRVaww

There is always hope, my dear solongleonard, as long as there are those who embrace what is right and good. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!
it's easy for you casually to claim coincidence and yet on the very day John Lennon was murdered, my partner was born. No one sane would suggest that was mere coincidence. You may say that I'm a schemer but I'm not the only one.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”