i came by myself to a very crowded place . . .

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

i came by myself to a very crowded place . . .

Post by Geoffrey »

crowd.jpg
B4real

Re: i came by myself to a very crowded place . . .

Post by B4real »

Good on you, Geoffrey!

It’s great to see you have some time to yourself again to do some more LC paintings/drawings.

I like this one because so little says so much 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 am Good on you, Geoffrey!

It’s great to see you have some time to yourself again to do some more LC paintings/drawings.

I like this one because so little says so much 8)
well, chaos, noise and fighting continues unabated, but i have started to imagine i am in a nazi concentration camp, and have been told that as long as i produce a piece of art once a day i will not be shot. the piece you like so much originated from a blending of these two photographs (see below) taken by lorca cohen at helsinki in 2012 - so the lion's share of credit should go to her. a lot of praise has been given to my hopeless little sketch, and that is nice. trouble with a talentless artist such as myself is that one is dependent upon luck, have little control over quality. following a success can therefore be something of a nightmare - but fortunately, thanks to an auratransformation (as i have stated numerous times before), i have no ego, so am not afraid to show an obviously inferior work. being ignored hurts me not, for if silence can scream, a scream can surely whisper - or would that be like a christian claiming there is such a thing as a good athiest? anyone can pick a daisy from the grass and feel nothing, but pulling the head off a snowdrop after it has broken through two inches of ice takes guts - but one can always pretend it's a snake.
lorca 1.jpg
lorca 2.jpg
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Geoffrey,
For the compositional explanation of your drawing. You have more than brought the two photos together successfully!
I can't attempt artwork surrounded by chaos, so your concentration is to be admired :)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:24 am Thanks Geoffrey,
For the compositional explanation of your drawing. You have more than brought the two photos together successfully!
I can't attempt artwork surrounded by chaos, so your concentration is to be admired :)
i am answering this in bed. its the middle of the night i just woke up to get some pineapple juice from the fridge. so this is written on a note 4 mobile telephone. someone is using my big computer he is watching a football match. it was bad the last two days but getting better now but he will never forget what she said. its all about jealousy and control. they went out today for an hour i couldnt go with them because 6 in a car is not allowed so i stayed home and put the washing machine on then drew a picture of leonard in a chair then hung the washing out on the balcony. i saw them all coming back they parked the car and so i ran inside and took my notebook out of the scanner and pretended to be reading the paper when they came in. they said what have you been doing while we were away you havent tidied the kitchen nor washed the dishes nor taken the rubbish downstairs. i said i was sorry but i drew a picture and he rolled his eyes. they had been to the aquarium the children said. when i get my home back im not ever letting anyone in again.
solongleonard

I cum by myself on a very clouded face

Post by solongleonard »

Dear Jeffrey, I’m also sending this by private message so we can preserve confidentiality and, for the same reasons, I have cleverly disguised your name.

It is very kind of you to invite me and my new Bag for Life, Sideways Sue, to visit you for a 10 days Scandi break at your one bedroom semi-detached rented flat. We understand your views concerning sleeping arrangements. We reject them. Please note that we will take the deep end of the Water Bed. This is not negotiable, other than in emergency drowning scenarios, when once again it will not be negotiable. You have asked us to bring our own towels but this is inconvenient. Please do not ask again.

You request us to rank your listed activities in our order of preference. We have done so this once, please do not ask again.

We have made the following rulings-

There will be a Drum and Electric Bass free jamming session, 4 hrs. This is a Must Do.

Your proposal of a “Sketching for Beginners” class is refused. We are not confident that we can teach you during such a short stay. Rejected activity. Please do not ask again.

The Power Drill Championships, 6.25 hours. Another Must Do, but subject to “random amputation” issues.

Headache Medicine tutorial for moaners and whingers, you are a delicate flower and we shall take care of you.

Tibetan ululating, with hand bells and semi-automatic catapults, a 2 day underwater course will take place as usual at the peak of the Norwegian Alps.

Jealousy and Control Freakery 101, you will learn about letting go. You will attend whether you wish to or not, just like the other useless Bastards will.

The Regional semi-finals of midnight non-consensual tidying of your least friendly neighbours’ kitchen remains a popular choice and is guaranteed to irritate many and irrigate the others.

You will readily see that there is something for everyone, (except for those to whom this does not apply at all).

Hugs and Kisses
Solongleonard

here’s to the few who favoured the Jew, and the fewer without any hair

the Knight comes on
/https://youtu.be/G0n51ZIzRLc
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, mike. one of your best. i think living in london must be enthralling. i try to reply within 24 hours. excellent wordplay, and as you know i do study peoples' words. "yesterday's papers telling yesterday's news" they sing in 'streets of london' - but can we believe that? yesterday's papers tell news from the day before yesterday, of course. beware of misinformation and trickery. show me someone offering bargain prices and i'll show you someone who's in a desperate place. anyway, you made me wish i too had plenty of time on my hands to compose such a witty message, but all i have time for these days is a quick sketch . . . when i am alone. need calm around me, the kind of silence like when a vulture circles a dying vulture that ate a dead vulture, it never stops, like a laughing cannibal boiling a screaming cannibal who laughed when he boiled a screaming cannibal, etc. - get it? like jesus would have said, you don't cast leonard cohen CDs before a swine driving a steamroller. by the way, i recently read that before the big bang there was no such thing as time, yet god made the entire universe, even though he didn't really have the time. like they say, no one is too busy - it's just a matter of priorities. well, chin up old sport, when historians write about people who interacted with the great artist who lived in ålesund you will undoubtedly be given a positive mention in the footnotes - that will be my humble gift to you :-)
dar

Post by dar »

The pictures are good but I like the words.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dar wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm The pictures are good but I like the words.
i know, dar. good to be in touch with you :-)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

What lovely words you write to this so-called “Michael”

I asked him to write you a snap pome as a thank you

Who is it whom you address,
His lipstick stained, his hair a mess
He will take down what you confess
You confess a little dress.

Your guess that he wrote his post in so-called England is wrong, just plain wrong he tells you.

He took a break from work last week and travelled alone to Tenerife. After a few days he made a new friend at the ‘otel.

Michael and Harry went for walks most days, Harry the faster, stronger man.

Harry went back to Somerset, England on Tuesday and Michael returned to London this evening.

Michael recalls their last walk together shortly before Harry’s airport coach collected him. “I’ve been reading the Bible”, he said. “That New Testament, and Jesus was a good man wasn’t he ?”.

Michael is no expert but felt he should agree, “yes, Jesus seemed to be a good man”.

Anyway, it would have been a little rude to disagree. After all, Harry is 88 years old and probably knows things beyond Michael’s experience.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thanks for taking an interest in my work. can't answer right now, queue waiting for me to get out of this chair, and they often read what i write. don't fret, i'll be back when they go out.
solongleonard

I came by myself and look like a cow in my face place . . .

Post by solongleonard »

tell them to go away, NOW. It's your flat, your chair.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”