Four Sides of Feeling ( the mini-films)

This is for your own works!!!
bobbyjmorris

Four Sides of Feeling ( the mini-films)

Post by bobbyjmorris »

Hi All,

Here is a new set of mini-films of written feelings. There's 19 of them and they run about 2 or 3 minutes each. They were shot in public in different spots around Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-mqsh ... subscriber

Here's an example, I think my favorite one. It's called "My baby doesn't know she's flying".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapKCsvtj1Q&t=50s

Hope you enjoy. If you have one you like, let me know :)

Bobby
solongleonard

Re: Four Sides of Feeling ( the mini-films)

Post by solongleonard »

Thanks for the link. I have just watched My baby and Your lack of love. Both are excellent, the rhyme and your performance. Thanks very much for posting. I will watch the others soon.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
bobbyjmorris

Post by bobbyjmorris »

That's lovely you had a chance to watch. Thanks for taking the time.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: I will watch the others soon.
i await with bated breath for your comments after you have done so :-)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am
solongleonard wrote: I will watch the others soon.
i await with bated breath for your comments after you have done so :-)
Over the years I have taught you a lot about language, which is a wee bit odd -English being my 5th tongue and your 1st). I have also strived to help you cast away your scrambled ego.

I have now watched 6 of these mini films and continue to find them excellent. I do hope you will relax and watch them with an open mind. This is outstanding work from a new contributor here.

When I ever get time to watch again I will quote you a few lines which stood out for me. My favourite was about (I think) stones and pebbles. No precise quote until I return to the pieces.

Solong Geoffrey
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:When I ever get time to watch again I will quote you a few lines which stood out for me. My favourite was about (I think) stones and pebbles. No precise quote until I return to the pieces.
you 'think'? thank you for your st valentine's day message, as promising as it seemed. you have, apparently, a busy agenda, as almost a week has now passed without you having managed to 'return' to the pieces - as brief and 'excellent' as they are. i remain unconvinced that you ever have had any real interest in these short movies, and put it to you that you merely gave a couple of them a half-hearted glance. my grandmother taught me to 'tell the truth and shame the devil', a motto that you might do well to adopt. i applaud you for writing an encouraging response to a new poster, but just wish it could have been a little more genuine. don't forget that i am an expert at seeing through people.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

The same old rivalry emerges. When, back in the 1940’s, we were adversaries in The Magic Triangle I used to say, modestly, I could shuffle 2 cards whilst you used to boast, as above, that you were “an expert at sawing through people”.

A week or more ago I did a burst of viewing of our new friend’s videos. That only took 10 minutes They really are to my taste. Hiwever, after that enjoyable break, I was rather busy. I did quickly consult my business contract with you and decided I was not lawfully compelled to write a comprehensive review, any more than you are obliged to include the life-size figure of Mohammed Ali in every single painting or sketch you compose. You manage it as you have a great deal of spare time.

Let me tell you about my Cousin Pam. She was 2 years older than me. A very small figure but bursting with energy. Many years ago she was an antiques dealer and then reinvented herself as a Pilates instructor. She was immensely popular.

As happens in families we didn’t see each other often but the friendship remained. When Pam was diagnosed with cancer last year I began visiting her often. Her spirit was so impressive, in her fading days her body less so.

I spent a good deal of time at the hospice recently and we celebrate her life this Friday. I’m told the woodlands burial ground is strikingly beautiful. I am honoured to be one of the coffin bearers. I would love a bit of sunshine to come through the expected grey but we will bring our own colour in any event. Pam has asked us to wear some good pink.

Spare my lovely cousin a thought. If this link works you will understand the love so many felt for her https://www.facebook.com/pam.taylor.315080
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you for sharing the news of your cousin. my condolences for your loss, an experience with which, unfortunately, i am only too familiar.

no, of course you are not compelled to write a review, and at no time did i expect to see one. my point was that you said you would do so while no intention ever inhabited your mind. yet, brood not upon such shortcomings, as your hand is not the first to write something that begs one to question a person's integrity. don mcclean misleadingly wrote "you took your life as lovers often do" - that of course is false. lovers sometimes commit suicide, but it is far from a frequent occurrence. there is a big difference between often and sometimes. for example, it's nigh impossible to imagine what an old person looked like when they were young, but sometimes (and not often!), one can know what a young person is going to look like when they are old. am i right? yes, you know all too well i am. "i could have told you, vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you!" - mcclean continues. surely telling van gogh that would undoubtedly only have encouraged him to end it all! so, combining tact, wisdom and honesty in one's messages to others is important, because failing to do so makes it hard for intelligent people like me to keep mum. everyone here knows you will never watch those videos; it would take too much time and effort - it would be work - but i implore you, michael, don't worry about it, we know you are just hankering after acceptance - but know that we welcome you as you are, warts and all. you don't need to pretend to be nice, as that is an unreachable goal.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I like the mini-films and I am almost enjoying your struggle with my straightforward opinion.

It's almost sweet in a way and makes you almost attractive (in a way).

You make me think of the lyrics from a fine singer. I doubt you have ever heard of him. His name is Don McLean. He once wrote "But February made me shiver" and perhaps he had in mind your lost warmth this very month.

He also wrote "I can still remember how" and I borrow that line (having paid a fair copyright fee to his lawyers) and add "When Geoffrey was trusting and not so mardy".
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

listen, although our lord never said so, those who know their bible are aware that john was 'the disciple whom jesus loved'. likewise, and i say this in all modesty, those 'in the know' are aware that i am the 'fan' (for want of a better word) whom leonard loved, as is evident in everything that happened during our long friendship. the many dinners he bought me, the secrets he shared with me, the large packages of nutritional supplement he regulary sent me, my filing cabinet full of his letters, written when he couldn't sleep - even the yahrzeit candles he gave to me during our final meeting, with detailed instructions on how to try to communicate with his spirit should the inevitable happen. those i use regularly, although his responses are mostly limited to a yes or a no. without saying too much, i can reveal that he is happy, doing well - and is watching over us :-)
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

That's great news Geoffrey :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 pm listen, although our lord never said so, those who know their bible are aware that john was 'the disciple whom jesus loved'. likewise, and i say this in all modesty, those 'in the know' are aware that i am the 'fan' (for want of a better word) whom leonard loved, as is evident in everything that happened during our long friendship. the many dinners he bought me, the secrets he shared with me, the large packages of nutritional supplement he regulary sent me, my filing cabinet full of his letters, written when he couldn't sleep - even the yahrzeit candles he gave to me during our final meeting, with detailed instructions on how to try to communicate with his spirit should the inevitable happen. those i use regularly, although his responses are mostly limited to a yes or a no. without saying too much, i can reveal that he is happy, doing well - and is watching over us :-)

I, for one, ignore all the negative things people say about you. I am really on your side. Together, we can get through this crisis.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
bobbyjmorris

Post by bobbyjmorris »

Hi Friends,

There's a second part of this four sides of feeling project, a set of spoken songs, or something short of songs, organized into an album format.

It's not out as a unit until Apr 4th, but here's the first track, with a home baked "lyric video" to accompany it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2W4O08gGPg&t

Yours,
Bobby
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Hello Bobby, I am glad to hear your update.

I hope you don’t mind this passing observation. Many of us here have studied Leonard’s fingers. As he aged they became bonier naturally but whilst they were not specially beautiful most of us on this forum found them to be thin and reasonably elegant.

In contrast my freeze frame view of yours at 2.06 is quite surprising. Yours are chubbier than I had realised from your mini films. I am uncertain whether you are a smoker?

I truly hope that your fingers do not hold back your career

Love

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
bobbyjmorris

Post by bobbyjmorris »

Ugh... I noticed the same thing.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”