". . . and all your work is right before your eyes"

This is for your own works!!!
MaryB

Re: ". . . and all your work is right before your eyes"

Post by MaryB »

Geoffrey,

What a phenomenal body of work - thank you for sharing!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

MaryB wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:59 pm Geoffrey,

What a phenomenal body of work - thank you for sharing!
hello dear maria. i like to show my efforts, otherwise there is little point in doing them. i could publish more, but being a person whose creativity is unbound by limitations, i hesitate to do so - for fear of upsetting those amongst us who have lived a sheltered life. anyway, good of you to make a comment, that is not usual here - but then again . . . you always were special x
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Geoffrey, I just stumbled across this thread. I do not know the sophisticated terms that are used when commenting on art, but will nevertheless convey some thoughts: you have mastered many artistic techniques, and with all of them you seem to have a knack of including just the right amount of detail, enough to clearly portray the subject, but not so much as to stifle the viewer's duty to ponder.

I am wondering if your work is protected, or if it may be downloaded by others? I am particularly fond of your "Bird off the Wire" from 7 November 2016, it says in just a few pen strokes what the media took thousands of columns to attempt to convey.

A final question, in the fourth piece from the end, is there a particular venue that is being portrayed?

Thanks for showing us your work Geoffrey.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote:
>Geoffrey, I just stumbled across this thread. I do not know the sophisticated terms that are used when commenting on art . . .

neither do i ;-)

>. . . but will nevertheless convey some thoughts: you have mastered many artistic techniques, and with all of them you seem to have a knack of including just the right amount of detail, enough to clearly portray the subject, but not so much as to stifle the viewer's duty to ponder.

well, some of these efforts are embarrasingly poor, but humiliation extinguishes pride - and that is not necessarily a bad thing. when a person is unsuccessful at mastering one particular technique or style, there remains little choice but to learn from the grasshopper.

>I am wondering if your work is protected, or if it may be downloaded by others?

there exists one or two websites that have profiled some of these pictures, and i don't know what their rules are. i am sure, however, that should anyone download an image or two, the mechanism of the universe will not be irreversibly damaged. one of the advantages of possessing no ego (through 'auratransformation') is that copyright is not a terribly important concern.

>I am particularly fond of your "Bird off the Wire" from 7 November 2016, it says in just a few pen strokes what the media took thousands of columns to attempt to convey.

it is kind of you to say this :-)

>A final question, in the fourth piece from the end, is there a particular venue that is being portrayed?

you really spent time looking through the entire gallery? i am flattered; thank you! no, there is no connection to any venue. as with most of these images, there was very little planning or thought employed - and why leonard should be pictured near hvar cathedral is a complete mystery.

>Thanks for showing us your work Geoffrey.

receiving valuable feedback such as yours makes it worthwhile, curt. please know that your message was highly appreciated.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”