feast your eyeballs on this!

This is for your own works!!!
User avatar
Cheshire gal
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Al. USA

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Cheshire gal » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:57 pm

" attention is something I shun - hate it" :D :lol: Right.
Thank you Geoffrey, you always make me smile. :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Cheshire gal wrote:" attention is something I shun - hate it" :D :lol: Right.
Thank you Geoffrey, you always make me smile. :D
well, i don't understand what's so funny because i try to be straight with people. they judge me out from how they themselves act, but i am not like them, there's not a devious bone in my body. those attention-seeking drama queens love intrigue and the spotlight - whereas i try to blend in with the wallpaper, shy away from anything remotely controversial, because i know that when a message here is deleted, or even just edited, a copy of the original post still exist in the webmaster's archive. not for me to scare you, but i know for a fact that by using the 'admin private messages manager' he can even read private messages sent between forum members if he wants; it would be naive to believe otherwise - that's why i am ultra careful. there are no secrets. does god turn away when you visit the bathroom? you might just as well throw the damned key away.
-g
Sideways
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Sideways » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Cheshire gal wrote:" attention is something I shun - hate it" :D :lol: Right.
Thank you Geoffrey, you always make me smile. :D
well, i don't understand what's so funny because i try to be straight with people. they judge me out from how they themselves act, but i am not like them, there's not a devious bone in my body. those attention-seeking drama queens love intrigue and the spotlight - whereas i try to blend in with the wallpaper, shy away from anything remotely controversial, because i know that when a message here is deleted, or even just edited, a copy of the original post still exist in the webmaster's archive. not for me to scare you, but i know for a fact that by using the 'admin private messages manager' he can even read private messages sent between forum members if he wants; it would be naive to believe otherwise - that's why i am ultra careful. there are no secrets. does god turn away when you visit the bathroom? you might just as well throw the damned key away.
-g

Geoffrey, I am very happy you are back in recovery and I am sorry I was so crushing of you before.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Sideways wrote:I went to see Geoffrey perform in a pub and, surrounded by many bottles of cheap wine. Geoffrey, I am very happy you are back in recovery and I am sorry I was so crushing of you before.
don't be sorry. i'll be back soon. am going to a tea party in one hour with a nice christian family, because i'm different now - i've changed. instead of portraits i now paint simple pictures of sweet little flowers.
1 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Sideways
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Sideways » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sideways wrote:I went to see Geoffrey perform in a pub and, surrounded by many bottles of cheap wine. Geoffrey, I am very happy you are back in recovery and I am sorry I was so crushing of you before.
don't be sorry. i'll be back soon. am going to a tea party in one hour with a nice christian family, because i'm different now - i've changed. instead of portraits i now paint simple pictures of sweet little flowers.
1 - Copy - Copy.jpg
The one on the left at the top bottom towards the right, is that Mohammed Ali?
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:35 am

Sideways wrote:The one on the left at the top bottom towards the right, is that Mohammed Ali?
well, muhammad ali has been quoted as saying "i am the prettiest!" so perhaps there is a little of him in all four, precisely as you suggest. incidentally, someone has bought the two lower ones :-)

anyway, i have just come home from a pleasant social evening and plan to unwind by quietly digesting a selection of the impulses that were absorbed. meanwhile, i understand from the cryptic manner in which you write that you are aching to see another drawing from one of my old sketchbooks, so here you go then:
another day.jpg
Sideways
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Sideways » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:11 am

Clever and witty.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:43 am

Sideways wrote:Clever and witty.
you mean mohammad ali? well, jolly clever at boxing, perhaps, though too 'plain spoken' to be witty - i fear. having no literary interests, his language was simple and ineloquent, almost totally bereft of words accommodating more than two syllables. a type of uneducated communication not dissimilar from what one frequently encounters in this forum, if i may be so bold.
sleepwalkers.jpg
Sideways
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Sideways » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sideways wrote:Clever and witty.
you mean mohammad ali? well, jolly clever at boxing, perhaps, though too 'plain spoken' to be witty - i fear. having no literary interests, his language was simple and ineloquent, almost totally bereft of words accommodating more than two syllables. a type of uneducated communication not dissimilar from what one frequently encounters in this forum, if i may be so bold.
sleepwalkers.jpg
Here are a few quotes from Muhammad Ali. If you approach them with an open mind, and you set aside envy,I believe you could learn about good writing. Good luck, Geoffrey.


"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."

"'I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them."

"At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far."
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: feast your eyeballs on this!

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:17 pm

michael, i believe you to basically possess a gregarious personality, but understand not, therefore, why you perniciously attribute such doggerel to my name. a misguided attempt to draw attention to yourself? a surreptitious cry for another of my early drawings; you have only to ask - but be wary of bathing too often in the headlights of a hero's vehicle. what some people lack in common sense they make up with self esteem, and you, i fear, are amongst such a massive brotherhood.
lady shining a torch.jpg
'lady with torch'
Post Reply

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”