Stay safe, Violet

This is for your own works!!!
imaginary friend

Stay safe, Violet

Post by imaginary friend » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 am

Note: I know this properly belongs in Everything Else, but Violet lives in this section of the Forum, and this is for her...

Dear Violet-Flower,

Hoping that Hurricane Irene will head out to sea and bypass New York, but it will likely be stormy at the very least, so please keep warm and safe, and let us know you're OK when you can.

XO
geoff+evans

Re: Stay safe, Violet

Post by geoff+evans » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 am

Keep safe in the land of the free v
From all the people in the land of the red dragon by the sea
Xx
Let this day be ....
..... the start of a new beginning
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

.. thanks I.F. for your very thoughtful and caring thread, here. It's nice to be looked after sometimes.

.. and thanks, Geoff, for your little poem.

.. I.F., I do think I'll be okay up here, where the hurricane will supposedly just cause heavy rains.. however, I'm concerned about my place in Williamsburg, which is right in an evacuation zone, given it's low there, and near the East River. My cousin has raised some items should there be flooding, and is staying at a friend's where it's higher ground.. only, I forgot about the things in my storage room--such as drawings, and other items that can't be replaced.. so.. I'm trying to reach him, to see if he might help me out with that. It looks like there's still some time before the hurricane hits, and he's staying nearby.. so.. hopefully he shall save the day for me.. (!)

It was hard to really feel the reality of this impending storm here upstate, since I'm so far away from the city, and it's very high ground, up here on this mountain.. so.. I wasn't quite registering all this 'til last night, after hearing EVERYONE in the city going on about the impending storm yesterday. Just everyone I bumped into was talking about it, and making their escape plans. It was so strange, given it was just the most sunny summer day we were having, and so it seemed almost unimaginable that danger was just around the corner.

.. so.. I guess we shall see how it goes. It will be bad news if the water gets into my place, even if I can get certain things to higher spots.. I mean, water is just so damaging.. so.. I'll just have to see, I guess.

Thanks again for your concern, I.F.. and Geoff..

v. xx x
Violet
kwills

Post by kwills » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi V, hoping all will be well with you and that your drawings will remain safe and sound.

All the best

baby bond bond

xx
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
brightnow

Post by brightnow » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:26 pm

imaginary friend wrote:Note: I know this properly belongs in Everything Else, but Violet lives in this section of the Forum, and this is for her...
Or you could just throw in a rhyme, shorten the lines and your message would have been very much OT! :)

To all of you in the path of the storm: stay safe!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 am

Avi,

You, Sam and the 3 little ones stay safe too! I hadn't realized you were directly in the path as well, but good to know (via facebook) that you're well prepared! Take care.

XO
Violet

Post by Violet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:47 am

.. hope all is well with you and yorn, Avi..
.. and thanks b.b.. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

v. x x x
Violet
Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 pm

I hope your cousin was able to move those items Violet.

I hope that you and yours were okay Avi and not to scarred and Violet, I know your out of town, thank goodness, but I hope the best for that city that you love.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”