Mr Cohen has been an inspiration..Thank you.

This is for your own works!!!
Sisterofmercy.

Mr Cohen has been an inspiration..Thank you.

Post by Sisterofmercy. » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:31 pm

I would just like to say,although Leonard has millions of admiring fans and must hear nice comments all the time,he has been a constant source of inspiration and peace for me since I first heard of him in the 70,s,I was a young Hippie back then,he has since acompanied me through lots of expieriences in my Life.I have recently been watching interviews done by Leonard,and I am struck by what a very modest ,special Person he really is...so refreshing in the Times we live in.I can relate to his values,I am a struggling Freelance Artist,but feel that apart from Family my main reason for living is to Create.My Dream would be to meet Leonard after all these years and give him a huge hug just to say,Thank you Mr Cohen...you have been a Friend to me,especially,in lonely times.

The Best of Regards,

Wendy.xx
lizzytysh

Re: Mr Cohen has been an inspiration..Thank you.

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 am

Hi Wendy ~

Well, I was done and lost it all to the ethers by accidentally hitting some button in error. So, here goes again.

It sounds like Leonard has been a BrotherofMercy to you, too, through the years. That's how I feel about him. I've never had the romantic fantasies, but have thought of him as an older brother who really cares. There are just those times when you want someone to talk with who will listen, really hear you, and understand without judging, and then say something meaningful that will be helpful. In everyday life, though, people tend to want to not really listen or tell you what you should do or try to talk you out of your feelings. With Leonard, it was as if he was there in just the way you needed him to be and it helped you get through and rise above the situation. I was a hippie, too. Even though Leonard didn't particularly care for the hippie movement, he was there for us all the same.

Yes, watching him is very inspirational, too. It's amazing how consistent he is. I hope you get to meet him some day and express your gratitude.

I wanted to meet Tinedoes from Holland, but never got to do it. Maybe another time.

Welcome to the Forum. [You know... in the Everything Else section, we have a thread about introducing yourself. Why don't you post this there, too :) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”