SOME DAY SOON I PREDICT KWILLIS WILL GO ON ABOUT DOUGHNUTS

This is for your own works!!!
Alsiony

Re: Leonard and this Forum - The Truth Revealed

Post by Alsiony » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:16 pm

This thread has been lots of fun, I have certainly laughed out loud at some of that which I have read :D - but it has obviously alienated a few people too.
Rightly or wrongly - that certainly does appear to be the case.

Maybe it is just in the wrong part of the forum??

People can be sensitive - but that's fair enough though isn't it? - You would expect a section of the forum such as this - where people can post their inner most feelings and compositions - to be a potentially sensitive area wouldn't you? That surely can't be a surprise :)

Of course, personally speaking, I do believe without a healthy sense of humour (and some - just to be sure :D)- you may aswell not bother in life to be honest - BUT - when you think that (especially newcomers) will read this thread and perhaps not take it in the right context, then you have to be able to see the other side of the argument surely? ;-)
The last thing that any of this forum,the big friendly family that it is - would want to do is to appear as alienating and elitist to anyone, whether they are old hats or newbies here.
I don't think you can really say that people are wrong to feel the way they may - certainly not in a creative area such as this where people can have the freedom to intimately express themselves seriously.
The fact is, after all, that, by it's very nature - this is a potentially delicate section of the forum - in terms of this being a little corner where people might like to bear their souls a little, without too much ridicule, or fear of it. (This is what I meant by my somewhat dodgy offering 'THE TRUTH...)
The last thing this poetry section should do - in my opinion - is make people feel even more nervous about sharing their work then they already would.
They should feel welcome as possible :D , and if they don't get the joke - or don't have the same kind of sense of humour - or don't even have any sense of humour whatsoever ( :shock: hehe) - well - this is probably not the appropriate place for that to be brought to light anyways.

Much love

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:27 pm

.. Hi A.. Cate.. I.F.. (oh, and of course, M.).. [gee.. I guess I should add K. and T.. and].. [this is beginning to sound like nighty-night time on Walton's Mountain].. Anyway, hi all..

(Cate.. that banana leader is potentially hazardous.. gosh, and people said Hitler had charisma.. well, step aside Adolf (!)..

.. oh, enjoy your last vaca day, Cate..

A.. I just wanted to say, since I am responsible for a good deal of the "joke" material at this section, that I too, "bear all" in my poetry.. and have written some of my most intimate and sincere thoughts here too.. That I also possess a sense of humor, and a desire to try new things here, should be a plus, in my opinion.. In my own way, I take very seriously what I do here.. even my humorous bits, which, by the way, aren't always that easy to pull off (and I'm sure I miss the funny spot on a lot of occasions).. but you know, I could be spending this same time on the internet actually making some ducats, perhaps (if you catch my drift) given I actually am a writer -- but no, instead, I've chosen to make a cozy little home in the back room of ye' ol' Leonard Cohen Forum with my "homeys"..

.. anyway, I'm not sure what your ultimate point is.. I wouldn't write this stuff in any other section, it's where I happen to feel comfortable.. and thanks to a lot of psycho-therapy, as well as the good graces of one Stuart Smalley (as per another thread of mine) I've been helped to see that what I think in such matters might actually matter as well.. Oh, okay.. I'll post that Stuart Smalley bit again for those who haven't been reading that thread.. but to those of you who have, it's the same clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fny40Ut_RZA
FULL SCREEN..

my best to you all,
v i o l e t (flower)

.. oh, and for the literati of this forumati, the rest of my "Smalley material" is on the "I'll Not Love Again" thread..
Last edited by Violet on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Violet
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Well that's all cool then :D

Between these last 2 posts of ours - hopefully anyone reading will not - (or will not continue) to get the wrong idea :D (by that I am referring to the negative responses that have been received on here - which usually would reflect a great many others who have read but not had the courage to actually respond (a not too far stretched impression of mine I am sure)).

(Just to say...My ultimate point was within my post, and, I must make it clear Violet, that my use of the word 'joke' was by no means meant in a derogatory fashion, just to be clear - I am sorry if the way I chose to word it seemed by chance a tad lazy or insulting - 'twas not my intention :))

Best Wishes

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 pm

.. oh, A.. I didn't put "joke" in quotes for that reason.. actually, I'm not sure why I put the word in quotes (!).. sometimes this quotey mood strikes, and all words become like potential quotation mark victims.. so.. me needs be more careful with me quotes, methinks..

.. hope that clears that up (!)

v i o l e t
Violet
Harry S

Post by Harry S » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

I have held back my rage long enough. That trollop Marisha, with her "bananas" and her barely disguised enjoyment of Life is everything that repulses me about so-called "Leonard Cohen". This forum should be a safe haven from all forms of murder and torture. I don't come here for murder and torture, or bananas. I go to the grocers for that, well not the murder and torture bit, but bananas yes, and also apples. A nearby rival grocer sells pears and grapes. These can be purchased either separately or on their own. I don't feel any more of an obligation to mix my fruit than I do my metaphors. The Thought Police on this forum say "oh, yes" and "oh, no". I ain't buying. You are all Marisha, WE are all Marisha, even I but in a profound way. When I was a child I went to school. But now I am a Man I put away my school books because it would be ridiculous to turn up for work with them and people would say "ooh, Harry, we thought this was a safe haven from school-books".

Here is a poem I haven't yet written
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm

.. actually, I'm getting all nostalgic.. though it goes back to before the time I knew you, Harry S.. to when I was first here at the Forum.. and I too was frightened at the bizarre goings on at this site.. but.. as most of you can tell, by now.. I've been usurped, corrupted, and spit out again.. but feel somehow all the better for it.. so to those of you who are as disgusted by all of this nonsense as Harry S. here claims to be, stick around.. your time may come.. (for a grotesque form of transformation, I mean)..

.. anyway, the reason I'm nostalgic is that I too once offered up a one line "pome," once upon a time, I mean.. a pome which one "mickey_o," I believe his name was, thought to help me out with.. and so I thought I'd do the same, transforming (for your reading pleasure, Mr. Harry S.) your lovely one line pome into a "far worser" effort, this in honor of a time long ago.. in that long lost land of... "mickey_o"..

ENJOY (!)

v i o l e t

Harry S wrote:
Here is a poem I haven't yet written
Here is
a poem I haven't

yet

written

[actually, I'd referred to the pome as mediocre before, but really it's of passing interest, and so I corrected my error in this]..
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:57 pm

While your effort to improve Harry S's (right or wrong Manna?) pome is commendable Violet, it now reads a trifle breathless. Could this be because you are somewhat ah... disoriented by Harry's sudden presence on the poetry forum... hmmmmm? Get a grip girl. Focus on your defense. You were onto something with that flyswatter.

I'm compiling a Guide to Personalities on This Thread, which, when consulted (by newcomers or oldtimers) will clarify the idiosyncrasies of thread participants, thus avoiding further misunderstandings and misunderestimations of intent in the future. I'm doing this at no cost to any of the participants, from the goodness of my heart, a personality trait of mine which you'll find out all about when you read the Guide. No bananas will be mashed or words minced in the making.
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 pm

... now wait just a cottin' pickin' minute here, I.F.. are you saying that Harry S. is Manna and NOT his lordshipppp???????????.. (actually, in the most recent research I'm doing I discovered that his Lordship should always be capitalized, whereas "lord" is dependent on usage).. SO.. wait.. (sigh).. I'm thoroughly confused, and now I just wanna go home..

.. although I do think that Imaginary Friend's Comprehensive Guide to (Mad) Forum Disfunction would be highly useful.. especially with all these multi-personality thingy's.. (though it probably doesn't need to be bronzed.. at least not yet).. Oh, and for those following all of this ridiculousness, I only post as Violet, which, believe me, is complicated enough..

v i o l e t
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 pm

.. hmm.. maybe it should be

Imaginary Friend's Comprehensive Guide to all Forms of Forum Disfunction

IMAGINARY FRIEND'S (FAIRLY OR unFAIRLY) COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO THE FORUMALLY CHALLENGED

.. anyway.. I think you should solicit more suggestions, I.F.. I think I'm close, but.. I'm not sure I have it yet..
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 pm

I was asking whether the apostrophe was correctly used; Manna used to be the grammar policeperson, when she was here— sheesh V., time to wakey-wakey and all that...
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 pm

.. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.. I see that now.. I've been working a deadline (thus all the procrastination breaks).. and I think I've half lost my mind.. Actually, I'm quite relieved.. although now his Lordship will probably have Manna take over the Harry S. gig.. (see how one has to think if one deigns to post here?).. (let this be a warning to us all)..
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 am

imaginary friend wrote:
I'm compiling a Guide to Personalities on This Thread, which, when consulted (by newcomers or oldtimers) will clarify the idiosyncrasies of thread participants, thus avoiding further misunderstandings and misunderestimations of intent in the future. I'm doing this at no cost to any of the participants, from the goodness of my heart, a personality trait of mine which you'll find out all about when you read the Guide. No bananas will be mashed or words minced in the making.

Ahem...

AS PER ABOVE.. le Baroness (Indeed) I.F.. we await such effort with bated breath.. [note.. I italicized that for you, thinking to seduce you a la John Irving's most recent effort, I think it was].. [you must be all tingly now.. you italics idolaltry maven]..

Signed,
Ms. Violet M. Peabody III*

* I just added The Third.. I have no idea why, but it's occurred to me do that before..
p.s.. Marisha may require that you reneg on that banana statement though..
.. note: this John Irving/italics scenario is touched on in Cate's "tittles" thread.. [just to titillate you.. a bit more]..
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm

.. you know, I.F., I've been feeling a bit guilty, ever since I posted this last post.. I mean, I don't think you should feel pressured to complete your "Opus," as it were.. but maybe I didn't want this thread leaving the front page just yet.. so..

.. anyway.. I'm feeling pretty blank just now, but thought I'd register this afterthought..

v i o l e t xxx
Violet
kwills

Post by kwills » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry to interrupt, but I've just found Marisha's banana!

banana.jpg
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:25 pm

:shock:

Run Marisha run

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”