SOME DAY SOON I PREDICT KWILLIS WILL GO ON ABOUT DOUGHNUTS

This is for your own works!!!
Cate

Re: Leonard and this Forum - The Truth Revealed

Post by Cate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 am

*clip - snip - trim*

ahhh - WHAT am I doing ... :roll:, this should have been moved to a private conversation ... my apologies.

T - it was more then word 'retard' itself, it was what was implied about that specific group of people in the context that you used it.
Last edited by Cate on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mssssVicki

Post by mssssVicki » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm

what the??? - couldn't read it all.
I thought this was a space to share our words and also our common interest in the beautiful words of Leonard Cohen.
Well I suppose nothing is ever what it appears.
Except perhaps the smile of a baby and sometimes even that is just wind
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

I am lost here. I think the subversive thread-starter has slipped away unscathed, lighting the match and watching this thread burn from afar. The subject turned to word, syntax, semantics, dialect, et. al. But I don't even think it's about that anymore. Shall we let this train roll right off the tracks or is there a reason to "retard" its momentous motion?
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 pm

yep, I'm with you.
At least let's let it roll in a different direction and blame the thread starter who should be punished accordingly.
Violet

Post by Violet » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Cate.. hi T..

.. while everyone's deciding the fate of this thread, I just wanted to tell I.F. something..

.. hi I.F.. yesterday I thought I'd try some levity to move things in a different direction over here.. still, I did want to say that your description of your nephew with Downs Syndrome was quite moving to me..

v i o l e t

edits: originally, I had here a description of my grandmother after she'd experienced a stroke.. the stroke had altered her, in a way, and somehow this alteration reminded me of the same purity of spirit that I've noted in those with Downs.. however, after reading this again, I'm not sure why I felt compelled to write an entire portrait of my grandmother -- just here, I mean.. so.. I'll just leave things at that, I think..
Last edited by Violet on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Violet
carm

Post by carm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Ones thoughts will surely flourish if viewed in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family or within 'Poetry and Music by the Forum members' site.

Life is not what it's supposed to be. Its what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Daniel Lanois - Here Is What Is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tHdX9ox9c

The greatest gift weI can conceive of having from anyone is to be seen by them, heard by them, to be understood and touched by them. :razz:
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm

carm wrote:Ones thoughts will surely flourish if viewed in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family or within 'Poetry and Music by the Forum members' site.

Life is not what it's supposed to be. Its what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Daniel Lanois - Here Is What Is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tHdX9ox9c

The greatest gift weI can conceive of having from anyone is to be seen by them, heard by them, to be understood and touched by them. :razz:
I see now why you go with the name Carm on the forum . Truely inspirational words !!
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
carm

Post by carm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Just wanted to say…
Attachments
thank-you.jpg
thank-you.jpg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Violet

Post by Violet » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 am

.. well.. here's a little something for his Lordship.. (by that I mean the M.P. BEHIND Mr. Marisha, for those who haven't been following).. anyway, it's just a little something I whipped up, spur of the moment like.. (oh, and I.F... I think you might like this too)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NHjtu1GA4o
FULL SCREEN..

kiss kiss, (stomp stomp), HA!
v i o l e t (flower)..
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 am

.. who am I kidding?.. this is how I really feel.. (sir).. (when I'm in my Lulu mode, that is)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLs80cuots
FULL SCREEN..

I mean.. given all you've taught me..
v i o l e t (flower).. (xxx)..
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 am

(oh, and I.F... I think you might like this too)
I don't like it at all. I love it. What is she wearing??? Is it a mini or an old girl's swimsuit??? I wore a micro-mini once;
5 or 6 hundred years ago... no matching panties though, in those days we did the bunny-dip thing instead.

PS: V., you realize that's not a whip, right? It's a microphone. OK, just checking.
mat james

Post by mat james » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

I went camping last weekend.
The Moon was beautiful
and there were a few little kids around who smiled even brighter
than that old moon.

Did I miss anything special?
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 am

mat james wrote:Did I miss anything special?
Nothing to compare with the beautiful Moon .
But there was a new mantra
which went like this
'Poetry and Music by the Forum members'

I dont understand it at all :(
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:42 pm

imaginary friend wrote:
(oh, and I.F... I think you might like this too)
I don't like it at all. I love it. What is she wearing??? Is it a mini or an old girl's swimsuit??? I wore a micro-mini once;
5 or 6 hundred years ago... no matching panties though, in those days we did the bunny-dip thing instead.

PS: V., you realize that's not a whip, right? It's a microphone. OK, just checking.
Hi.. I.F..

.. yes, I realized that that was the cord for the mic, and not a whip, but.. well, it just goes to show how improvisational these Dominatrix types can be, and so I thought to give you a few new ideas.. Oh, and as it happens there’s a new memoir out (yes, Marish, I said memoir, so maybe you can pay attention and possibly learn something for a change, instead of just blabbering all over the place, I mean..).. anyway, the memoir’s called “Whip Smart," and just guess what this gal does for a living??.. only it has a twist.. see, this dominatrix person (an American, of course) is actually a writer.. only she decided to be a dominatrix for a few years just so she’d have something to write about.. and well, apparently, her tactic worked, since now she’s being interviewed all over the place, and written about, etc.. I mean, nothing like a real-life dominatrix story to get noticed in the literary world, I always say..

.. but gee wiz.. do I really have to learn to do all that just to get my little black leather boot in the door? (at publishing houses, I mean).. actually, maybe you still remember, I.F., how I tried that once (well, youtube wise, at any rate).. although I don’t recall what thread that was.. but as I’m sure you remember, I.F., I failed miserably, in my little dominatrix sex kitten outfit.. I mean, I guess I was a bit too timid.. although, as I recall, Cate liked it.. Oh, and Cate, you'd appreciate this.. the author of Whip Smart says she finds the best Dominatrix equipment at none other than Home Depot (!).. (and you thought I was just kidding about "ratchet straps")..

ANYHOO.. I was foraging through my all powerful “Poetry File”.. and I came across this post, which for some reason I decided not to post at the time.. it’s from quite a while ago now.. but it seems to fit right in here.. so.. Oh, and Geoffrey, wherever you are, you’re in here too..

.. so.. here goes..

BEWARE The Third Man

Gosh, I just realized who Harry S. really is... no, not Orson Wells.. (though good guess).. no, it seems he's employed with the

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_kahA_wQo
FULL SCREEN...

.. I don't know if his friend Geoffrey is involved in this (though his sometimes poor grammar would indicate that that's not the case.. then again, he’s an illusive fellow..).. in any event, Manna.. (who, alright is not a man.. and so we’re one man short it seems).. anyway, she is in fact a self proclaimed grammar Nazi... and so, for all these reasons: FORUM MEMBERS BEWARE... it seems Harry S. (who might in fact have used Wells' character "Harry" in The Third Man, on which to base at least part of his manufactured persona) is now employing this hazardous taser method in an attempt to punish (if not correct) those of us who are found guilty of bad grammar practices (and let's face it, the English language is at times complex, nonsensical, and confusing, and so such designation could adhere at times to, well.. any one of us)...

... (by the way, how are you, Michael?.. it's nice having you around, in any event.. though the taser thing.. geez..)...

signed,
an at times grammatically challenged (and anyway against such taser practices, even if this deficiency were not the case),
v i o l e t (flower)

[END POST]

.. Oh, I thought I’d add this for good measure.. after all, who knows what evil lurks.. in the hearts of Harries??..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNlL23sUGI
FULL SCREEN..

.. I love this film, and the Joseph Cotton character (Holley) especially, who plays this American laid-back writer of cowboy stories, who's come to post-war Vienna, presumably because his old friend “Harry” (the “third man,” played by Orson Welles) has died, and so he's come to attend his old buddy's funeral.. anyway, as you can probably tell from the clip (to those of you who’ve never seen the film), the whole thing gets rather complicated, in a sinister sort of way.. although, there are some funny bits as well, such as when Holley gets asked to do a talk in front of a rather high brow(ish) literary group, where he’s plied with Euro-centric, “intellectual” sorts of questions.. such as where his writing "fits in," when it comes to writers such as James Joyce, for example.. and um.. not sure "Hol" had a ready answer for that..

.. (you silly Euros.. you'll never understand what makes us Americans tick).. (where did I put that other ratchet strap, by the way?)..
v i o l e t (flower)..

edits.. I just discovered a typo or two, and thought to correct them before you know who found out.. (you're such a tease with that hot-shot taser, Michael.. geez)..

much later edit: the all-important link to Grammar Police had changed.. close call on that one, dudes.. oh, and some other Grammar Nazi related stuff as well..
Last edited by Violet on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Violet
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Yorkshire Lad, I cannot believe you are still around this madness!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”