poem

This is for your own works!!!
Alsiony

poem

Post by Alsiony »

(Withdrawn for competition)
Last edited by Alsiony on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
kwills

Re: THE THREE PAINTINGS

Post by kwills »

That's lovely Alsiony I like this line

And all the time
Quiet in the back of each others minds.

It's comforting and reassuring you know there is someone there for you as you are there for them.

Don't be scared my precious friend
I want to show you the anchor that I've painted
I made it strong.
It will even hold all three paintings.
Whatever comes -
I will not let you down.

I really like that last verse especially the anchor that you have painted strong. :D
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG »

Thankh you Alsiony for composing and sharing this. This is a treasure. I'm going to print it off right now (do you want royalties?) and put it on my fridge.
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

Thankyou Kwills and Gina

No I don't want any royalties!
These are my own words and I've put them on here as a kind of microcosm effort, to shout out something both deeply personal and profoundly important to me - into the Universe.

If anything I have said touches anyone else then I am pleased - for, at the heart of life - is sharing.

A
x

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

carm

Post by carm »

I want to show you the anchor that I've painted
I enjoyed the use of the word "anchor" towards the completion of the poem. It seemed quite befitting.

For me, the use of the word "anchor" provided an obvious metaphor, with overtones of concreteness, stability, security, protection. Perhaps it was placed there to imply that like a ship held fast by its anchor, a strong friendship (friends tethered together) is deemed impervious to stormy conditions and can be held in place by a consistent, abiding, deep-rooted sense of assurances that work together to encourage a friendships purpose, identity and direction?
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

Thankyou Carm

A lot of what you have said is of course correct.
It's quite quite simple really...
When you truly love someone for who they are - as much as anything else that that entails - you look after them to their very core.
And only with real friendship - can you have complete mutuality :D

A
x

carm

Post by carm »

When you truly love someone for who they are - as much as anything else that that entails - you look after them to their very core.
And only with real friendship - can you have complete mutuality
…your well-constructed, excellently orchestrated summation is greatly appreciated!
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

Carm - I hope that I didn't sound flippant with my response to you. Apologies if I did, as that was not my intention.

Sometimes I find it easier to explain things to myself , by writing a poem or the like. But in addition to this - on the flipside, I guess it's a bit like the reverse of that process - I take something that feels stark staringly clear in my head and heart, and then turn it into a spider web by using words.
Both scenarios apply to my meagre brain, and quite often at the same time too.

A
x

carm

Post by carm »

flippant:
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: irreverent
Synonyms: brassy, breezy, cheeky*, cocky, disrespectful, flighty, flip*, fresh, frivolous, glib, impertinent, impudent, insolent, lippy, nervy, offhand, pert, playful, rude, sassy*, smart*, smart-alecky, superficial
I hope that I didn't sound flippant with my response to you. Apologies if I did, as that was not my intention.
Not at all, your words exhibited quite the opposite effect; courteous, serious, respectful, reverent :D

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”