I'll not love again

This is for your own works!!!
Casey Butler

Re: I'll not love again

Post by Casey Butler » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am

Well... We sortied out about 5 PM, nary a cloud in the sky except for some wispy ones to the west.

I got a carrion eater though, a Shrike:

We drove down Sheep's Ridge Road and didn't see anything... Finally we parked on one of Hurricane Mesa's "toes" (a little mesa that runs off of it) and sat and watched the sunset.

With no opaque clouds I didn't know what to expect, but I guess for Violet's birthday God doesn't need more than wispy clouds. :-)

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Well, it's a rather nice dark violet sky with a deep hue of butterscotch in the distance, hovering over this planet's purple contours.. So, I guess that's a pretty nice birthday present.. Oh, and the silhouette in the foreground is very dramatic.. lending a kind of point of view.. We are the ones standing amid these dark mountains, looking to the fading light..

.. I'll look up the birdie when I get a chance..

Thank you, Casey.. this really is quite peaceful..

v i o l e t (flower).. preparing for another birthday day..
Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Vi,
You always did bring out the devil in me.................ps Happy Birthday Darling.....................

Love Georges xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:13 am

Violet wrote: .. if I indeed have leftover cake, Cate.. (there's that oh-so-pleasurable cate-cake thing again), we could try eating it on the ceiling, I guess.. though unlike the pineapple upside down cake we once enjoyed that way (which becomes right side up when eating it on the ceiling), it really would be an upside down cake (Cate).. and.. I don't know.. we already reversed the 666 thing with the 999 thing a while back on this thread.. and.. well.. turning the devil in the cake upside down.. or even if it's just the devil's food in the cake.. I don't know.. hmm.. not sure.. (Georges?.. where's your darkish-dankish counsel when it's truly needed?.. hun?.. are you there??).. well.. I guess we could spin the cake.. counter clock wise.. sort of like The White Album played backwards.. Okay, I'm scaring myself now..

.. next year it's Angel's Food Cake, methinks.. (I don't know what came over me this year.. Georges, no doubt)..
v i o l e t (flower) xxxxx
leftover cake on the ceiling did you say!? - I've already got my picnic blanket in hand - where's Imaginary?

now if your tired of ceilings we could always head to the garden.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgPqmRNjoTE - I suppose we'd have to put some sort of dome over top of us though so that the cake doesn't get wet.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 am

Hi Cate and Vi,

I'm late, but ready to party!

V - hope you have some of that Devil's food cake left –

Coming Casey? E. and Mr. Darcy?

I'll bring along this cake too, since it's Angel Food and we might need to offset the devil thing.
AF by IF.jpg
AF by IF.jpg (5.48 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
Someone took this photo of this AF cake made by IF to celebrate my birthday in May. I'm glad she took the photo – I am bloody proud of that thing! (The cake, not the birthday)
Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 am

Wow what a cake!!! That looks sooooo tasty.

Devils food cake and Angels food cake, what a perfect combination.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:52 am

"Pretty nice"? Well... photographs never do sunsets justice. It was pretty spectacular if you were there. At one point after dark the "butterscotch" part got really bright, but it doesn't show that.

Trust me, it was a spectacular birthday present to present if present.

Here's a little better idea (but not much because you can't see all the sky), a three-shot panorama:

Today was the same, cloudwise, but started a little earlier after I drove E to church and had to kill time until she was released. I drove out of St. George towards Santa Clara where I saw quite a few Turkey Vultures, one very close up when it took off from dining by the side of the road.

It turned out to be a horse day: This scene as affected by the camera zoom through the heat reminded me of those tilting at windmills prints you used to see all over:

Around 4:30 we drove up to Kolob (where we saw the Condors) to see if the trees were turning yellow yet (though without clouds even yellow trees aren't the greatest subjects I think).

As an aside, while E was walking Mr. Darcy I caught some Mountain Bluebirds with the camera, one came out pretty cool because I happened to snap when they were arguing over something.

A little later, and to go with that photo of I.F.'s cake (I've never understood the difference between Angels/Devils Food to begin with), there was a pretty Strawberry Roan grazing up there:

On the way back down we happened on this little drama... There was a colt whose mother had slipped into the next pasture. The colt was frantically trying to reach her. It kept running up to the fence but I guess instinct told it not to jump because the fence was too high and barbed.

I took a video of the colt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTFJPM6zRYw

I could see that the mother had crossed the fence closer to the road, where a section was down and she just had to walk over it. But the colt, racing back and forth away from the road, and doing this squeaky whinnying thing, didn't see the downed part of the fence in the corner. The white gelding in the video didn't seem to see it either.

I don't know how it all came out, it was getting dark so we left. The mother was happily eating the grass "on the other side of the fence" (didn't necessarily look any greener to me), so whether she eventually led the colt to the hole in the fence or not will have to remain unanswered until we go up again and see if colt & mother are still together, or if the colt is hanging on that fence.

So it's a continuing drama... :-)

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:40 pm

.. well, Casey, I sort of meant it was wonderful the first go at it.. what, with my attempt at poetic-prose appraisal.. But this panorama shot is even "wonderfuler"..

.. I.F.. that A.F. cake is a work of art.. you should be bloody proud..

... OKAY, I am on day four of a five day b'day weekend.. Tomorrow, being Yom Kippur, means most of New York is sort of shut down.. so.. birthday weekend continues.. (oh, and Happy New Year to all those celebrating)..

.. anyway, this truly is Sunday (switching religions here a minute), the day of rest (and nursing hangovers).. I am not going to finish here entirely with your last post, Casey.. At least not yet.. I will say, however, that I'm worried now about the lovely little colt.. and I hope that mom snaps out of her "greener pastures" endeavor, but quick..

Anyway, I think I need a nap.. (and it's not even noon yet).. Well, at least it's a rainy Sunday..

.. oh, here's a youtube discovery for something more in line with an Ugly Sunday.. which.. well, I wouldn't quite call this an Ugly Sunday.. but I like the mood here evoked.. besides.. it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.. (as that other song goes).. Oh, and I think Georges appears midway through this video as a black bird nagual (that’s another C.S. thread reference, to those interested for some reason).. Actually, I think Georges wrote this song.. and is no doubt experiencing another one of these Ugly Sundays as we speak (what, with all that black liquid he imbibes on all those dampish-Bangorish Saturday nights-ish).. (.. anyway, girls, don't you find this singer-songwriter dude rather, well, sexy in his earlier grunge days??).. (.. it'll take a hard rain to wash his taste away.. let me assure you..)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdTv7d72O0
FULL SCREEN..

‘til later,
v I o l e t (flower).. liking this extended b’day thing.. and drinking, um… English Breakfast tea.. (keep running out of the one that comes in the green packaging, I’m afraid.. I'm sorry, Georges.. sweet heart).. (my love)..(.. here.. I've got a nice wet-hot face towel for your forehead.. you poor thing)..
Violet
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:55 am

Today's crop, from the southern edge of town:

That Red-Tailed Hawk buzzed us while I was taking the sunflowers, and he screeched that breathy scream they do and made me jump.

The rest are self explanatory... :-)

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:56 am

Hi Casey.. I'm still recovering from the long weekend.. getting back to work, and feeling a bit done in, I'm afraid.. I suffer from the blues, you see, which is the softest way of putting it, and which is why I don't drink too much these days.. (the after effects don't enhance my mood.. though they do make things bluer, which is to say, they enhance blueness..)..

The sunflowers are just lovely.. and so we have the sun again, here seeming so bright and auspicious.. Could basking in rational thought be all that bad? (I'm wondering).. with such a sign as these biggest and brightest of yellowest flowers?.. but the Red Hawk warning has me wondering too.. like the eagle after the hare, here's the predator again.. Perhaps we're being told we've to use our brain power for the Real Predator.. Casteneda's Don Juan speaks of just that.. the predator.. (remember, I.F.?).. I'm not sure he ever discloses exactly what "the predator" is, though, although I've read some esoteric theories, and they're fairly frightening.. They suggest that the world is dangerous in ways we can't altogether fathom.. If we are, for example, but the rat in his maze.. do we really understand the maze, and who, indeed, has created it for us?.. (let alone why this was done?..)..

.. (you want "reasons" Casey, and I want reasons too)..

I've also read there are planets where life is peaceful.. just imagine (as John Lennon said, and you quoted earlier, Casey..)..

OKAY.. at the bottom of this post is something I wrote after reading some of this esoteric material, the source of which I'm hesitant to disclose, and so I'm going with that instinct.. After all, esoterica [later note.. I really should be calling this esotericism.. but I'm being violetish, as it were].. anyway, this area is just so problematic in so many ways.. there are a lot of crazies in the land of esoterica, for example.. so one needs due diligence to try to make sense of things.. I would state, though, (I.F.), that this source I am using is as scientific minded as it is metaphysical minded (which is a science in its own rite, if handled correctly).. Anyway, this source believes the material that Casteneda discusses through his character Don Juan (whether it's a fictional character or not) to be valid.. as in valid.. not just interesting or truthful in the way of poesy.. Just thought I'd put that out there..

The following is an excerpt of something I published (in a rather obscure place, I assure you) just last year.. Actually, it sort of contradicts something I wrote earlier on this thread about rhyme and meter.. how, even though they may have something sounding nice, they don't necessarily lead us to “Truth”.. Having said that, however, there’s also Einstein speaking of the elegance of the universe or of a math equation describing such universe.. I bring this up so to suggest that its elegance is inseparable from its truth, as it were.. and so, nothing is all that simple it seems.. and word sound may well be harboring something for us to be paying attention to.. [later note: even if, as I suggest in the text, it's something rather like “a parallel formation".. designating the idea of Divine Names, whose sound vibrations manifested something.. or did something, as it were] [I need to re-examine this material, in order to say more here]..

ANYWAY.. I know this text (below) is bit opaque.. (or perhaps it's deceptively simple).. so please ask questions, if need be.. and maybe I’ll even remember what it was I was talking about at the time I wrote it (!).. Oh, the Babel reference.. it seems, according to my source (who utilizes an extensive cross referencing of sources herself), that, contrary to the official story, as it were, Babel may well have been something in line with these monoliths [later note.. I should add "megaliths" here, as well] that still remain scattered throughout this planet (Stone Henge being the most famous of megaliths..).. and that these were used (and I know I’ve said this a number of times now on this site), but these were used in conjunction with a certain, very specific planetary alignment.. and that “spinning” (akin to the original function of the whirling done by whirling dervishes), was also part of this pagan practice.. [later note: as was some manner of sound vibration].. so to accomplish interdimensional travel [or perhaps I should be using the term “hyperdimensional” travel.. as it's all starting to come back to me now.. ].. Why this was desirable is also referenced here.. that once upon a time we were all conversant with (that is, had access to) some Edenic land of plenty -- where, in fact, we did not need to be predators ourselves in order to survive.. This manner of "once upon a time" also implicated our very DNA.. which we now use only a fraction of.. but which we used to use far more extensively.. [later note.. I would point out how such esoteric ideas fly in the face of our dearly held conception of "human progress"]..

.. so.. anyway, the following is that text.. and the above is a fairly rough introduction for it.. Oh, and your photo, Casey, which I've doubled up on here, conjures a feeling of heaven to me, as a beautiful and sacred place high above the earth.. where no doubt the gods play.. and rest..

B U R E A U O F D I V I N E D E T E N T I O N

W O R D D I V I S I O N

With Genesis comes the notion of Divine Names that in the beginning came with the
Word. Esoterically speaking, this is not metaphoric, with divinity (in the beginning)
being endemic to words themselves. (Think of word sound as aligned with cosmic
vibration.) Only, once the serpent’s deception was complete (thereby pulling the plug on
our Divine Circuitry), we awoke to find ourselves as we are now, groping for meaning in
this gross state of materiality. (Did I really just write in rhyme?)

And thus our sense of “something missing”… of some deeply buried memory of a lost
Paradise…

MATTER OVER MIND

Paradise is lost. For how to rebuild, brick by brick, our perfect tower to Heaven?…

N O T D I V I N E Y E T

How far did Becket get, I wonder? for whom Harold Bloom has claimed, Creation is the
Fall (and so I have my answer). Freud, I know, is just as pessimistic, and so it occurs to
me that as a Culture we need to change our Literature, or else despair of ever finding
home.

My lament is that I can only speak here in this fallen world, and without the ontological
tools on hand requisite for digging us out, or at least trying to. All I can do is to render a
parallel formation (to that of rebuilding Babel, hinted at above), by eliciting here that
sense,
that sensibility… having word sound as its muse; its clue to truth, and truth’s soundness…

[end excerpt]

.. okay, Casey.. signing out for now.. drinking green tea (for cleansing, remember).. and hoping for the end of this blue spell,
v i o l e t (sun) flower..

.. oh.. any news of that poor little colt?..
.. edits.. I'm adding some additional qualifications in [brackets].. as they occur to me..
Last edited by Violet on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 am

.. oh.. I just thought I'd add something here on "Belief".. which somehow seems appropriate, looking at this soft-focus pastoral and live action shot of something that the camera is better able to see than the naked eye.. (in deference to worlds unseen, I guess.. oh, and to my blueness..)*.. But back to Belief.. I'm not too keen on the word myself.. it stirs up all the wrong connotations..

.. Rather.. I like the idea of holding ideas up for examination.. no matter how outlandish they may first appear.. I am not seeking to believe, so much as understand something.. (possibly)..

I have no idea if any of the above post is true or not.. I am drawn to looking into certain matters if I think the messenger (i.e., Casteneda, for example) worthy of my interest.. I am not interested in any and all "out there" material or ideas or theories, just by virtue of their being "out there".. There needs to be a certain provenance of integrity, so to speak.. and I won't try and qualify that, I don't think..

Anyway.. just thought I'd mention this, since this esoteric stuff seems to ask for a certain amount of contextualizing.. though I'm not sure how much of that I'm in the mood for either.. (just saying..)..

* I would add that this soft focus lends a painterly quality to this picture that's very pleasing.. and the birds' contributing to the asymmetry of composition, lends a kind of "Japanesie" quality methinks.. (there's got to be a better word than "lends" here.. but me tired now)..
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Hello V and C,

V, your last couple of posts are very interesting, and I'd like to continue the conversation. Unfortunately I gotta mountain of urgency to get through today; hopefully I'll be able to respond later tonight...

XO & ...
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 am

.. Rather.. I like the idea of holding ideas up for examination.. no matter how outlandish they may first appear.. I am not seeking to believe, so much as understand something.. (possibly)..
I don't understand your last two posts (I've been trying, sorry for the delay in replying). Do you mean hold up my original "idea" again for examination?
They suggest that the world is dangerous in ways we can't altogether fathom.. If we are, for example, but the rat in his maze.. do we really understand the maze, and who, indeed, has created it for us?.. (let alone why this was done?..).. .. (you want "reasons" Casey, and I want reasons too)..
Doesn't it matter less as time passes?

I mean, I can speculate more on these questions now than I could eight years ago, sensing less danger all the time.

Hasn't it all been done on speculation... the provable part... anyway?

This is not the time to stop speculating, I'm sure of that, I think.

The clouds were back a few days ago, but they evaporated again yesterday. Some delayed pictures...

The sunset came out mostly blue too that day, no "window" really appeared for the sun to shine through to the undersides of the clouds.

This is from last night, a volcanic geographical feature on the southwestern edge of town called "Molly's Nipple". I don't know who Molly was, but the Mormon Pioneers who settled this area all seemed to know her pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUrzRXLdW00

Casey
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:50 am

My lament is that I can only speak here in this fallen world, and without the ontological
tools on hand requisite for digging us out, or at least trying to. All I can do is to render a
parallel formation (to that of rebuilding Babel, hinted at above), by eliciting here that
sense, that sensibility… having word sound as its muse; its clue to truth, and truth’s soundness…
What ontological tools do you require? What I meant by building on speculation is that you can't measure whether any tools will dig us out, so trying is everything - not "least" at all.

It seems to me there is a plethora of ontological tools - and even a map of sorts - available for trying to dig us out. Tools to suit every esoteric cabal under the sun. How do you talk like this... What kind of blue.. what kind of drinking are you talking about, the Leonard kind or the Long Branch kind?

Casey
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:16 am

Tonight was cooler, and cooler weather means better chances of catching clouds with rainbowy colors from the prism effect of ice crystals in them (I speculate). And since clouds finally did show up later in the afternoon, we got a couple that were pretty cool.

The Virgin River tonight:

I'm hoping you're not too blue, and I'm hoping I'm not making you blue. I'm not one to feel anyone should have to conform to anyone else's idea of communication against their will, but I guess that's what I'm asking you to do. Perhaps we should just formalize our individuality and leave it at that. You must know suffering the after effects of "drinking" is not unique to you, though, so I hope my heroic efforts, suffering them continually - voluntarily and willingly with nothing but good things (as far as I used to know) in mind - for months and months in these threads - will at least mean all my words were not just for nothing. :-)

I am an unjust steward with only one talent to my name - But it isn't hidden in the ground. Elizabeth is nearly finished her second reading of the Qur'an, has opened her Heart, and is an example of:

"And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations."

Elizabeth is ready, waiting in the Abyss.

There are a lot more failing, but not many friends among the mammon of unrighteousness yet.

"The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly."

Casey
Last edited by Casey Butler on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”