barren again... but oh, if only,
if only we could love.. and every
weightless flower
would in our hearts
a heaven make
of love and life and plenty…
though I’ll not love again.

v i o l e t
Last edited by Violet on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
Casey Butler

Re: I'll not love again

Post by Casey Butler » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 am

A "baron" forest?

I should have taken that rice game more seriously.

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Casey, hi!! How are you?.. it's been a very very long time.. thanks for pointing out the, well, unconscious use of "baron".. of course, I meant "barren".. and will change it.. (hate it when that happens, since it's not even a spell check matter)..

.. are you back now?.. I just took a break, and have returned, only to find things a bit subdued here..

.. my best to you..

v i o l e t
Violet
Marisha

Post by Marisha » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm

yes, this forum is a bit quiet and I think it's becasue Lizzy is running her own poetry forum over at Anjani's site. Jack has posted there about an issue he has about tieing up young children. I am so glad he didn't bring that sort of perverted stuff here.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Marisha! You're back...and you haven't changed a bit!

Yes, it seems to be only the hard core posting here now... I'm working on a bondage poem, Cate is exploring the sensuality of mathematics, and the Lion must be sleeping tonight... except for his alter ego(s).

It's great to see you Ms. V, please make your visits to the 'hood more frequent. Nice to see you too Casey (where the heck were ya?)

But I do miss the others... Lizzy and Jack and Manna too, she seldom posts here anymore.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:38 am

Violet wrote:Casey, hi!! How are you?.. it's been a very very long time.. thanks for pointing out the, well, unconscious use of "baron".. of course, I meant "barren".. and will change it.. (hate it when that happens, since it's not even a spell check matter)..

.. are you back now?.. I just took a break, and have returned, only to find things a bit subdued here..

.. my best to you..

v i o l e t
Our network cable suggested "baron" was a hook, so I swallowed, is all. How are you guys? Nice to hear from you. :-)

I'm sort of back I guess, in this context. I mean, it's always the same anyway, like Richard Gere, the officer and gentleman, "I have no place else to go!"(.)

All these months I've been trying to reconcile myself to silence (that is: metaphor)... But Caroline Glick won't set me free. I can't snicker behind her back like that, but I can't shout at her front either.

The good news is, they have invented an "Electronic Cigarette" so my moustache is white again! Er... White for the first time! I hardly recognize myself in the mirror.

I'm a vaper now.

Typical, isn't it? No cure for cancer yet, but darn, electronic cigarettes! Capitalism might have made it in the loooooonnnnnnnng run after all. But maybe not.

I have to post Sissel songs when they're relevant. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y1NyC7D ... re=related

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi Casey.. nice to hear from you.. (oh, and hi I.F... I'm looking forward to your, uh, bondage material.. should be fun).. (I think..).. oh, and hope you're thinking about a set of classic wheels for our cross country craps road trip with Cate..

Well Casey, at least you're not a viper, there's that to be thankful for.. Sissel was kind of sweet and lovely.. first I've heard of her, I'm afraid.. my take on things is sometimes patchy... of course, there are some areas it's probably best to be patchy about.. there's this quote I'm thinking of.. something like, wisdom is knowing what to overlook.. I've taken it to heart recently.. Anyway, regarding Sissel's song, I have thought of you.. and thought I'd probably pm you at some point since you so suddenly disappeared..

.. anyway, good to have you back (!)

.. 'til later... (as I muse on the dead blossom petals scattered about the floor of my now barren forest)..
v i o l e t (flower)
Violet
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Violet wrote: (as I muse on the dead blossom petals scattered about the floor of my now barren forest)..
Re-rez the live Rhododendrons from your inventory please, Violet.

I'm just looking for a friend. I'm looking for reasons. That's all that's worth looking for - at least for a naive and admitedly uneducated person like me. Un-academic? Un-intellectual? One or all of those and no meanings behind the admissions.

And lazy... did I mention lazy? I'm lazy beyond the effort it would take to describe.

As for Sissel, I admire her because she is a cross-over (yes, the high cheekbones are admirable also). She loves singing plainly, she plainly loves singing, and seems to seek out new adventures in song instead of sticking to whatever "genre" might be profitable. (On the other hand, maybe indeed she is experimenting to find a profitable genre. I shouldn't try to read minds I guess.)

Re my "(.)": I'm never sure how to finish punctuation of a sentence that ends with a quote mark that already has punctuation in front of it. Should it be:

...like Richard Gere, the officer and gentleman, "I have no place else to go!".

or

...like Richard Gere, the officer and gentleman, "I have no place else to go!"

or something else.

Sorry for not putting that line in quotes, that would really screw me up.

As for vaping... (I'm going to pause and continue in another message. Internet Explorer 8 is messing up with this editor window. It's jumping all over the place now that the lines have scrolled. Can't see what I type. Might be for the best...LOL)

Casey
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 am

As for vaping (continued)... It's cool in more than one way because today happens to be our 37th anniversary, and my wife agreed to marry me way back when with the stipulation that I stop smoking (she was an Adventist, you see, and if I continued that filthy habit our married life might be somewhat rockier than necessary). Well, I've kept that promise. I don't smoke, I vape. There is no smell, no second hand stuff, no risk to anybody but me, and that's unknown. The way I see it, I'm helping the medical community finish determining the toxic effects of propylene glycol - if any. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of "e-liquid" that contains no nicotine even, as I find myself vaping so much that nicotine poisoning might become an issue at some point. So having cartridges with and without nicotine will (hopefully) give me some feeling of control over how much nicotine I imbibe and when. I'm currently using the DSE-901 (black and silver) and the Joye 510. Not sure which is my favorite but I had to go through several models to find decent ones that did half of what they said they would do. I found that ordering the hardware directly from China is wise, as they seem to have the best prices on addictive stuff - but my e-liquid is American made. Nothing but the best for these lungs. :-)

Next time I quit and some disaster hits that makes me start again, at least I'll be going back to vaping instead of smoking.

That's all I have to say about that. :-)

Another Sissel song with Sort Sol, metaphor for the Two Cherubs.

In the houses of morning
I rise with the sun
I'm wearing a crown
For the glittery one

"Sort Sol" it turns out means "Black Sun", and describes a phenomenon in Denmark where Birds flock so thickly that they block out the Sun, making almost northern lights patterns as they swim about in the sky.

So many Birds that they block out the Sun's Light... Hard to imagine, Violet, but it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4XIkYklgCo

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 am

Casey Butler wrote:
I'm just looking for a friend. I'm looking for reasons. That's all that's worth looking for
.. hi again.. yes, I think I know what you mean here.. and true friends are not always easy to come by.. (even with things like Facebook, and all the rest).. and reasons.. are possibly even more rare.. actually, I think I have some idea as to "reasons".. only it doesn't make existence any easier.. we're still left with ourselves, and that can be a complicated affair..

.. as to this vaping thing.. wow.. I had no idea it's really a "thing"... you know, Casey, you probably shouldn't concern yourself that you're as uneducated as you say.. it does seem you have a lot going on inside of you.. you're certainly never boring.. anyway, good luck with this vaping thing, and I hope you kick the vaping habit, if that's what you'd like to do..

.. oh, and to my way of thinking, or writing.. leave off that last period.. the exclamation point does just fine.. of course, I just use ellipses everywhere, so what would I know of such things??.. (oh, and I double or triple my punctuation marks.. a little trick I stole from Georges).. Of course, if you want the very best scoop on this, I'd say ask Manna, our self proclaimed grammar Nazi.. she'd know..

.. okay.. back to that "other" thread.. I think I just might have a little monster growing inside of me.. (alright, I'm speaking of Rosemary's Baby.. to those of you not keeping up with the, uh, ins and outs, so to speak, of Colonial Suicide..)..

nice to chat again, Casey,
v i o l e t (flower).. (having resurrected my weightless Rhododendron flowers.. for now, at least)...

.. oh, by the way.. that image of those birds flying so thickly as to block out the sun is just so haunting somehow.. beautiful and haunting..
Violet
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:22 am

Violet wrote:
Casey Butler wrote:I'm just looking for a friend. I'm looking for reasons. That's all that's worth looking for
.. hi again.. yes, I think I know what you mean here.. and true friends are not always easy to come by.. (even with things like Facebook, and all the rest).. and reasons.. are possibly even more rare.. actually, I think I have some idea as to "reasons".. only it doesn't make existence any easier.. we're still left with ourselves, and that can be a complicated affair..
I don't mean reasons for existence, of course. :-) Typical female response though... Oy vay!

As for friends, I have true friends all over the world, whether they respond in kind or not... But I am looking for just one of them.

As for the "Sort Sol" Birds, there's a cool short video of some here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIzlcH2q ... re=related

:-) Thanks for your time, Violet. (Nice hips... ) :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgZP9Sc ... re=related

(Edited to add: Of course I don't want me to quit vaping, silly... )

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:06 am

.. oh, and you sounded so sad, Casey.. and pondering.. but I'm glad you're not sad, not pondering, and I'm just a typical female (?!).. (oy vey back to ya!..)..

.. I will peruse your links in the morning.. I need to get some sleep now.. (nice hips?).. (I think you're vaporing again).. 8)

nighty night,
v i o l e t (past midnight)
Violet
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

"Oy vey" is it? That's not what the Romans taught us. And I didn't say I wasn't sad and pondering. I'm just not sad and pondering what you seem to assume...

Let's see... what was I sad and pondering about... Oh yes, the reason(s) why silence (that is: metaphor) before saints is still utilized by poets at a time when instant global communication is our combined reality.

Ahem...

The reason for human existence, as I understand it from our network cable, is reason itself.

So why, sadly ponders me, is the data necessary for finally bringing human reason to fruition being withheld by the very people entrusted by human reason with possession of that data in the first place?

If I could understand the reason or reasons behind this apparent (to me) paradox, I could at least rest from pondering it and/or them endlessly within my poor sad brain.

I have little voice, even less credibility, so conforming to the paradox is easy for me. But my poor sad brain could be enjoying pondering of a different sort if it knew of a valid reason, or reasons, why good people should be kept ignorant of the history of reason - especially this late in the day. My poor sad brain can think of none on its own, is worn out trying (almost), and our network cable is silent on the subject (as far as I can hear in my part of the bubble at least).

Have a nice sleep, enjoy Sissel's Weightless Rhododendron flowers (that is: hips) when you get up - if you have 5 minutes or so.

(She's quite tall, I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1EG_4IBzbA)

Casey
Violet

Post by Violet » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm

... oh, as in Rosehips?.. is that the kind of hips you meant?..

.. that first Sissel song, two posts back, was very appropriate for this thread, I thought.. she really is weightless in love, as the song lyrics suggest.. (even if a bit hip-ie, when wearing white.. or at least white slacks)..

.. the video of the bird cluster was mesmerizing.. I'm reminded of the Herzog film, Where Green Ants Dream, where he photographs a storm out on the Australian desert.. Herzog would love this footage too I think.. he's such a nature man.. or a man who searches for man's mettle (or lack thereof) in the face of extreme natural phenomena.. (might be a way of putting it).. anyway, I'm taken by this bird phenomenon.. I'll need to look at that again.. it's interesting to have it here in the context of this conversation as it puts me, well, not in mind of something, but in the sense of something.. something having to do with existence itself.. it's nonverbal, in other words.. kind of profound.. but then, I'm a girl, what would I know? :?

.. okay, back to editing my little moving pictures.. a lot a lot of work..

sincerely,
v i o l e t (hips)
Violet
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Violet wrote:but then, I'm a girl, what would I know? :?
My attempt at gaining a better understanding is not succeeding any better than the metaphor I'm attempting through Sissel is succeeding in getting my (.....) across. I can't even pique interest it seems.

I want to know, and nobody will tell me.

I'm making it part of the record: All who are snickering behind the back of humanity at this point snicker in futility. Your words in words are wasted. I exist and I am a witness.

LOL... Big deal. :-) Not a good ending Violet. I was serious.

(Edited to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWxV5U8NMc )

Casey

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”