This is for your own works!!!
Cate

Re: Dream upon the Mourning light

Post by Cate » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 am

<deep breath>

Please don't dismiss those you don't know as trolls - it's very hurtful.
This is an interesting acknowledgment Virginia. Curious did you ever acknowledge that to the person you called such – well let's face it you said more then that, but did you ever acknowledge that, that was hurtful, or does that only apply to you.

blah, blah, blah - whine, whine, whine

As far as being a fawn, I'll include myself even though I'm a bit old for that. I might fawn over Michael (I like him), but I also fawn over Manna (master truffle maker) and Violet (even though she doesn't like avocados) and sometimes over Mat or Sean and if he would let me I'd fawn over Greg too. To be honest there’s a lot of people I’d like to fawn over, because there are a lot of people that I like here. Even though I’m a bit quirky, everyone else seems a bit quirky too (even you) and in general I feel welcome here.

You made a comment once something like - why shouldn’t I be bolshie. I took it to mean let me be me – that seemed like good advice, but I don’t think bolshie has to be mean.

Cate

edited to remove some of the wine and cheese that would be better served before dinner
Last edited by Cate on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mat james

Post by mat james » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:47 am

and sometimes over Mat
...I love being fawndled by you Cate. Thanks for the fawnd memories.
(I would use the word fawniCate, but that is just fawntasy.)

By the way people, now that the Yanks+Rebs have a new President and intend to "yes we can" into the world of human relationships: What about we emulate that attitude/spirit of renewal and stagger back onto the friendly track of poems, poets and celebrations of effort, "on this day"?

I am intrigued by the way that your poems, anuitu, combine the English Rose and the Southern Belle, so to speak. Something old is swaying in your style, there is originality and hope in your poetry, which are attributes I always admire. Editing will come. "Yes we can!"
Mickey plays Cricket all day, and no doubt that is chappishly tiresome for him, so at night or in off times he escapes and pug-nates and we are his therapeutic punching bag. Many of his jabs and uppercuts he learned from Geofrey. Those blows sting a little, but none of them are knock-out punches.
Hang around: you will enjoy the sparring.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Virginia

Post by Virginia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:11 am

Cate
A parting note - if I offended you apologies.

Just count yourself lucky that Michael doesn't pick on your grammar & spelling.
;-) Ciao
Manna

Post by Manna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:48 am

Oh, but he does pick on Cate's grammatical/spelling oopses, and Cate generally accepts the correction gracefully.
Manna

Post by Manna » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:02 am

Oh, Cate.
I had originally listed my fawnees too, but decided against it, so I am glad that you did what I couldn't quite go thru with. We have similar lists, and you were on mine too, along with Greg (who typically won't let me fawn over him either). :razz: Now I will se what it is like to be a little more like you:
Laurie, Lizzy, Jack, Mat, Sean, Adam, M_1 (obviously), Cate (see?), Greg (see?), and so on (in case I forgot anyone.)

You may be quirky, but I am not. I am totally normal. You can use me for a reference of normality if you like; that's what I use, and if you ask me it's a perfect reference. Anyway, by these standards, I don't think you're all that quirky. You do however qualify as cute, fun, hearty and affectionate.
Cate

Post by Cate » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:29 am

No wonder I like you, you have such good taste!

Okay you are know my official reference for normality as well as sweet.
mat james

Post by mat james » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am

"secret women's business" (Australian Aboriginal term)
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
kwills

Post by kwills » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Deer everyone,
My name is Buck and I've tried to fawn but nobody antlered.I am in the right place am I? The Stag Party forum?
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 pm

That"s just down the hall, follow the Moose(meese?)

Anunitu
kwills

Post by kwills » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey thanks Anunitu,I've just seen Elk Eee Brooks there!
You were right the first time,moose.
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Cate wrote:<deep breath>

... As far as being a fawn, I'll include myself even though I'm a bit old for that. I might fawn over Michael (I like him), but I also fawn over Manna (master truffle maker) and Violet (even though she doesn't like avocados)...
Cate... I don't think I actually said I didn't like avocados... just for the record... I think we got into metaphorical differences over guacamole, actually... as best as I can recall... (!)

fawningly,

v i o l e t
Violet
Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 pm

My apologies dear V.
What a mistake to make!!!
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Cate wrote:No apologies to you V. it is alll your fault, you moron.
What a mistake for you to make!!!

Cate, what sort of temper were you in to insult Violet in this horrible way. you owe me an apology as I feel sick to my soul reading your vicious bile.

and anyway, this is all so irrelevant because if Obama wins the election (latest opinion poles, say that they don't have the vote as they are not US citizens)then he has pledged to close down Guacamole within the next year. I would have thought that you and Violet would have something more interesting to discuss.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”