This is for your own works!!!
mickey_one

Re: Dream upon the Mourning light

Post by mickey_one » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 am

anunitu wrote:Would this be Michael Wolkind, UK, that is a Lawyer in the UK?

I have no reason to dislike him, but I have not always been a gentle person, but I have connected with my shadow, and contained it. A nickname huh, you might use my street name from way back, that would be "The Dragon"

Anunitu
and I have no reason to dislike you, and I don't. however, I really dislike your many breaches of etiquette here. but I will get over it and I wish you all good luck with your writing

michael
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am

I should tell you, I would be the first to say I am not a professional poet, I write to clear my soul. I have many demons I must deal with every day.
Your approach in confronting someone would put most off, with me, that tack is a big mistake
Last edited by anunitu on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am

anunitu wrote:I should tell you, I would be the first to say I am not a professional poet, I write to clear my soul. I have many demons I must deal with every day.
Your approach in confronting someone would put most off, with me, that tact is a big mistake

and it "inspires" others. it's not any mistake just an offer to help you improve your writing. many readers, in my experience, will not be able to see past typos and other basic blunders. I'm pleased you are less defensive than others are on your behalf.

off to work, bye

michael
Virginia

Post by Virginia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 pm

" I'm pleased you are less defensive than others are on your behalf."
Michael, you obviously believe implicitly that people care about and are impressed by what pleases and displeases YOU. We have a word for that in my home country - "guzica."
You thrive on dividing people. You attack someone, then you row back once they confess to some weakness, then you attack others who might have agreed with them.
I don't doubt you spend a lot of time here but for someone who "teaches" why don't you put yourself out there and submit something that means something to you - show us how it's done. I also believe you enjoy humiliating people on occasions.
As to the question of etiquette and posting - and this is a serious question to you - who exactly laid down the rules about how many pieces people may submit - it is YOUR interpretation of YOUR perceived etiquette.
You seem to treat this part of the forum as yours and to criticise others for over-posting when, in fact, you are one of those who dominate the thread - 75% of your posts are on this thread.
According to the rules of your own etiquette, you post way too much here - nor do you seem to criticise all who post enormous amounts of waffle. Indeed, some of those whose admiration you openly court seem to post more than is either healthy or wise (read the posts).
As you are being serious with me - and I thank you for that - let me be serious with you. I believe you pick on those you deem to be weak (i.e. not playing your 'let's all be jolly all the time' game) and that, by any etiquette, is bullying. And you do not apply your grammatical rule to all posters equally - take a look at some of the sentence constructions/spelling mistakes among your nearest and dearest and you'll find howlers that go un-noted by you.
Poetry is not about spelling - Yeats was an atrocious speller.
As for your running competitions here - have you noticed the power trip involved in that? You run them, so they must be good for us.
But then you've admitted you know little about poetry - though it hasn't stopped you preaching your dogma.
Be fair - treat all posters equally and don't try to isolate the weak, it's a nasty trait.
And don't assume everyone posts here for the same reasons - your entertainment.
You may not like the quality of much of what you read - you may not like the emotion - you may view our work as tripe but many of us are writing out of very dark places and have been bullied enough already.
Please don't dismiss those you don't know as trolls - it's very hurtful.
As for the harshness of my "flotilla of fawns" - if you'd written that it would be hilarious, clever, witty, not in any way insensitive and we'd be posting away about it for weeks, punning and laughing, all jolly good company. I've seen you write things that were much harsher and seen you expect people to take your comments as sharp-edged but witty - such hypocrisy is apparent even to those you treat as your inferiors.
Speaking of which, "many readers" have the intelligence, savvy and wit to see past many things without your paternalistic patrolling of their minds - even if your intellectual arrogance doesn't allow them that much credit.
No doubt you'll now put me on your black-list, block me and imagine I'll suffer in the darkness that befalls those outside your orbit.
"Guzica" is a good word.
Virginia
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Do what you please, I am gone from this thread.

Anunitu--Gone down to the Muddy
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Virginia wrote:" I'm pleased you are less defensive than others are on your behalf."
Michael, you obviously believe implicitly that people care about and are impressed by what pleases and displeases YOU. We have a word for that in my home country - "guzica."
You thrive on dividing people. You attack someone, then you row back once they confess to some weakness, then you attack others who might have agreed with them.
I don't doubt you spend a lot of time here but for someone who "teaches" why don't you put yourself out there and submit something that means something to you - show us how it's done. I also believe you enjoy humiliating people on occasions.
As to the question of etiquette and posting - and this is a serious question to you - who exactly laid down the rules about how many pieces people may submit - it is YOUR interpretation of YOUR perceived etiquette.
You seem to treat this part of the forum as yours and to criticise others for over-posting when, in fact, you are one of those who dominate the thread - 75% of your posts are on this thread.
According to the rules of your own etiquette, you post way too much here - nor do you seem to criticise all who post enormous amounts of waffle. Indeed, some of those whose admiration you openly court seem to post more than is either healthy or wise (read the posts).
As you are being serious with me - and I thank you for that - let me be serious with you. I believe you pick on those you deem to be weak (i.e. not playing your 'let's all be jolly all the time' game) and that, by any etiquette, is bullying. And you do not apply your grammatical rule to all posters equally - take a look at some of the sentence constructions/spelling mistakes among your nearest and dearest and you'll find howlers that go un-noted by you.
Poetry is not about spelling - Yeats was an atrocious speller.
As for your running competitions here - have you noticed the power trip involved in that? You run them, so they must be good for us.
But then you've admitted you know little about poetry - though it hasn't stopped you preaching your dogma.
Be fair - treat all posters equally and don't try to isolate the weak, it's a nasty trait.
And don't assume everyone posts here for the same reasons - your entertainment.
You may not like the quality of much of what you read - you may not like the emotion - you may view our work as tripe but many of us are writing out of very dark places and have been bullied enough already.
Please don't dismiss those you don't know as trolls - it's very hurtful.
As for the harshness of my "flotilla of fawns" - if you'd written that it would be hilarious, clever, witty, not in any way insensitive and we'd be posting away about it for weeks, punning and laughing, all jolly good company. I've seen you write things that were much harsher and seen you expect people to take your comments as sharp-edged but witty - such hypocrisy is apparent even to those you treat as your inferiors.
Speaking of which, "many readers" have the intelligence, savvy and wit to see past many things without your paternalistic patrolling of their minds - even if your intellectual arrogance doesn't allow them that much credit.
No doubt you'll now put me on your black-list, block me and imagine I'll suffer in the darkness that befalls those outside your orbit.
"Guzica" is a good word.
Virginia
Yeats didn't have spell-check.

I call it etiquette but at the least it's a common enough "rule" on a number of poetry sites about limiting the number of submissions of poems. it encourages people to take more time with their writing. I don't know any rule about limiting the number of general and chatty posts. it's strange that you didn't understand the distinction. I am talking about writing, you are talking about people.

I doubt whether anyone would applaud "flotilla of fawns" in any circumstances, whoever wrote it. As you had just been rude and aggressive to Manna and to other women in the past I thought it was a misjudged and patronising comment by you.

I note how you have repeated and expanded on the troll thing, without acknowledging that I withdrew the comment which was only ever directed to you. that sort of lazy response means I can't get up enough interest to respond to the rest of your analysis of my character and motives. for what it's worth, I don't even think trolling is necessarily bad. done well, it''s great entertainment.

I feel relaxed about all this and hope you are not too over-excited or stressed by it (unless it leads to a decent poem, of course).

michael
Virginia

Post by Virginia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Well done Michael - true to form, you've driven another person off the site and you used your pseudo-carefree attitude to avoid any kind of discussion.
Do Manna and the "other women" (apparently only those who offer cyber-blowjobs qualify) need your misogynistic protection?
I very much doubt it.
But keep avoiding the issues, Michael, you're good at it. It might just be arrogance, more likely it's cowardice.
Still, if YOU feel relaxed that's all that matters.
Guzica - the word is so appropriate!
Don't worry, your bullying (and such it is despite your attempts to be the suave sophisticate) is in halfpenny place in my life.
Let your games recommence.
All yours - I, too, am out of here.
I've had enough bullying disguised as cleverness in my life.
The fawns will learn!
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:51 pm

I am not gone from the Forum, just from this thread..it seems to have been highjacked from me.
And thank you Virginia for your care and concern.

Anunitu

I count coup

http://www.sonic.net/~star/coup.html
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Virginia wrote:Well done Michael - true to form, you've driven another person off the site

what a disappointment it must be for your drama that he has only left this thread.

But keep avoiding the issues, Michael, you're good at it.

remind me of what you have commented about the poem itself or do you only do the personal stuff? give it a go, leave your rudeness and your ego to one side and read each line, then make observations so if a writer wants to improve you have been there to help

Michael The Poetry Chauffeur (Driving People off the Site since 1850)(weekends 1930)

ps The "Fawns" are very Deer to me.
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 pm

I can't pretend that I was not at all offended by the "Flotilla of fawns." But it was a very small thing, and I laughed a little, on the inside, when I read it. I surely didn't anticipate the attention the little phrase has elicited. Geez.

If duly prompted, I will gladly fawn around certain others here. I even find Geoffrey to be great fun and entertaining; it's wonderful to fight with him, though I haven't for about a year. They're not a bunch that seems in any way cohesive, outside of their friendships with me. I hardly talk with Lizzy any more. I miss you, Lizzy.

Alas, I'm sorry, Anunitu, I couldn't complete reading your poem. Things like inventive spelling and cliches and misplaced commas just don't appeal to me. Think of it as my fault if you want, because I am sure there is someone out there who will enjoy it. I'm sorry this forum doesn't meet your expectations, maybe someday you will find what you are looking for. Maybe you will stick around and get to know people here a little better.
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 pm

What I write is not about the words

If I see a fresh snow in a meadow, and complain about the cold, and the wind I miss the beauty of the simple truth of nature.

Anunitu
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm

That's an interesting take on it.

In your nature, you have a host of mechanisms that are there to keep you alive - part of your nature. The fact that you "complain" about the cold stems from these mechanisms which cause you discomfort when ambient temperatures are suboptimal for your bodily functioning. If the cold didn't cause you discomfort, you might remain in the cold, then you could suffer hypothermia and die. If you want to embrace nature, you might appreciate these natural devices in yourself as well as those outside of yourself.

Love that you complain about the cold.
And also appreciate the hoarfrost and the icicles and the fact that it's part of the fabulous cycles.
anunitu

Post by anunitu » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 pm

You see science and order, and I see beauty in Chaos, and neither is wrong, they are just different
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 pm

I don't see much chaos,
but I see lots of beauty.
Understanding something doesn't make it less beautiful.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Manna wrote:I can't pretend that I was not at all offended by the "Flotilla of fawns." But it was a very small thing,

and not nearly as good as the well known expression "a Voluptuousness of Virgins" or, as some authorities maintain it should be, "a Voluptuousness of Virginias"

Maybe you will stick around and get to know people here a little better.

he is sticking around. it was only Virginia, in her anxiety to score a point, who got over-excited about him leaving
Michael The Poetry Chauffeur (Driving People off the Site since 1850)(weekends 1930)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”