Colonial Suicide

This is for your own works!!!
Violet

Re: Colonial Suicide

Post by Violet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 am

... honey, can't you tell I'm having a bad day??... although I must admit, your tango technique does cheer me up.. (a bit)... I don't know about mooning that lady, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX_4A6d_Q-U
FULL SCREEN...

last tangle in paris,
v i x xxx x x xx
o l e x xx xx
t (fl xxxxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxx x x
o w e r x x xxxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x x x xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxx x x xxxx xxxx (this way to Guinness...)... xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxx (I mean, who needs champagne, anyway??).. xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxx xxx x x
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxx x (.. hey, isn't Georges a French name??).. xxxx xx xxxxx xxxx x x xxxx x xxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxx x xxx xxx x x x x x x
xxxx xxxxx (oh, sorry, I forgot.. "there are no names here").. xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx x x xxxx x (I love it when you get angry)..xxx x xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx xxx x xxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x xx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx x xxxxx x x x x x xxx x x xxxx x x

... I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but... take me back to Bangor... (my love)...

Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Vi,
Did not like Paris, they are all prudes........anyways, our love is best described as esoteric with a drop of whisky.......just wait till I get the black stuff in your cup......it is indeed off to Bangor again.....to the dankish drinking dens......

Love Georges xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

... now I know that this footage is very poor quality.. and that the sound is slightly out of syc... but darling... (my truest truest love)... (whom I've kept hidden in my heart for so long now, without being able to speak to anyone about it)... I thank you.. (you who are most near to my heart)... for finally telling me this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2CqNL4bF4
FULL SCREEN...

your worn out, tear stained
v i o l e t (fl
o
w e
r xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xx x x x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x xxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx x x x (xxx forever yours xxx).. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xx x x x x x xxxx x...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x (my love) xxxxxx x xx xxx x x x xxxx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x x x xxx x...

edit... it was that eternal who/whom thing... v.
Last edited by Violet on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 pm

My Dear Vi,
It's strange how a few words, can throw a new dimension, on a relationship. How fickle we humans have become with our bands of Gold, it was much better fun in the older days..............

Love Georges xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm

... baby, did you just change what used to be your ghosty-thingy (quote) at the bottom of your posts???... (oh god, I want you so badly right now)... (just where is Bangor, again??)... (my love)...

your delectable little v i o l e t (flower)
loved to
itsy bitsy
(love bitten)
little bits (!) x x
x x xx xxxxx x x x x x x
x x x x x x (by her bad ass, Bangorian
dankish prince)... (Sir Georges...)... xx x x
xx x x x x x x xxxx x x xxxxxx x x x x x x xxx x ...

... just in case my incorrigible lover ever changes his signature line (just let him try it, though), for the record, it now reads: "I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits." (!).. (I love you to bits too, my sweetness.. my.. most desirous.. bad ass(ly) dangerous.. well.. love...
Last edited by Violet on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Dear Violet,

Hope your Georges does not end up anywhere like this – I know he's a travelin' man – leaving you alone...to fan yourself in the heat*...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnyunGnvwY

*I think you'll do better in the Heat V., Bangor seems cold and wet, if one is to judge by that art film you posted some months ago... oops, I'm now enamoured with elipses...
Violet

Post by Violet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 pm

... great song and performance (with its Rasta-Jamaican flavor)... Actually, speaking of New Orleans, I think it might indeed be a good destination for me and Georges... of course, knowing my dankish knight, he'll no doubt be attracted to wandering the Lower Ninth Ward... where outlaws run loose amid all the Katrina caused devastation... I think I've noted this before... he's hopelessly Wild at Heart...

... hey thanks, I.F., for the music and the "idears" (as some New Yorkers quaintly say)... oh, and if you're going to fall in love, ellipses are quite flexible, you'd be surprised.. (I really do have to get my mind out of the gutter, I mean, at least some of time)...

v i o l e t flower (imagining
a nice shrimp
gumbo, I think...)... (mm...).. (oh,
and of course I'm imagining you too,
my dankish-wildish wandering Georges)... (my sweet
and my spice..)....(my blackened cat fish,
and southern rice)...
Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Goodness Vi,
New Orleans is a great destination, we could walk there, like the old song........I love spicy food and women, I could indulge all my fantasies there............

Love Georges xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Violet

Post by Violet » Fri May 01, 2009 5:35 pm

... well it's interesting you say that, I mean about New Orleans women 'n all... I guess, since we're getting to know each other so very well amid and among these sparkling, pink-plume-strewn threads (oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself).. what I mean is, I thought I should finally confess to you that I've been moonlighting as some manner of New Orleans burlesque act under the name Dita Von Teese for some time now... oh, and as you can imagine (once I've shown you my act, that is), it took quite some time for me to learn toe (as in ballet)... You have to understand that even as a child I didn't make it that far… to toe, I mean... so I really had to put some serious effort into developing my skills for this... (of course, I've been told by many that the toe part really doesn't matter all that much, and so this must just be something I do because it's pleasing to me personally... although, perhaps it's the writer in me that feels that it also offers my audience (or at least the more high minded in the audience) (and believe me, those are far and few) that tragic sense of what I might have become... (a prima ballerina, for example)... if circumstance... well, I won’t go into the personal tragedy of it all... I mean, we all have our problems.. and well.. I'm here to entertain, after all...

Anyway… here's my little act, which I've kept from you as my deep pink secret for all these many months now... (you can find me in the French quarter, by the way... even though the "Von" in my name suggests something more German, perhaps.. but in any case, it speaks to my upper-classy sense of myself)... Oh, as you’ll notice, I had some difficulty with my head plumes... they got caught on my lovely dark locks... but as you'll also notice, I just incorporated this troublesome happenstance right into my act... (given my undue professionalism, at all times)...

... in any case, please know that this time my Dita Von Teese act is all for you... (my love)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckQisTELNU
FULL SCREEN...

pink and plumed (and
up on my toes),

(a slightly tragic) v i o l e t (fl
o
w e
r) xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xx x xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxx (hmm...
... maybe I should incorporate some pirouettes..).. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxx x xx (I'm glad you
liked it, my love... )..xxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x (... it seems to make it all worthwhile somehow..)xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x (my god, I can see how much you liked it).. xxxxxxxxxxx (you naughty naughty man, you)..xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x (oh, and you liked the toe part too??)... xxxxxxxxxxxx x x (my cuppeth runneth overeth)...xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx (you know I could tie you up
a bit with the silk ribbons from my ballet slippers).. xxxxxxxxxx (if you'd like).. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x... (my love).. xxxx x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx x x xxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx x xxxxxxxxx x x xxx

... I hadn't noticed 'til now just how tiny my waist is... it must be all the corseting I've been doing (for my act, I mean)... it starts to rearrange your organs, it seems... v.
Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm

My dear Vi,
That was an exciting little production, Dita Von Tease and a tease she is, like a pretty flamingo ( sorry Manfred Mann ). Anyways just the sort of act to get your dankish knight going and then further on to promise some bondage with your ballerina laces, well, what can I say but....................... YES, YES, YES.........and I promise to russle your pink feathers...........

Love Georges xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Harry S

Post by Harry S » Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 pm

what a thread! I think I have worked out that Georges is the local Jack the Lad and Violet is the local lady of the knight. I wonder who charges most, the knight on his steed or the "lady" on her back?
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat May 02, 2009 4:03 pm

... yes, Harry, I agree, especially after that last post, that it may be time to return our tale to the higher channels of pure and unadulterated Love.. of the more chivalrous variety, speaking of knights... And no, I (as in Violet) love only out of foolishness, and not for personal gain... (!)... It might be noted too that, well... if Georges and myself wound up with this job.. it also speaks to the notion that... well... I mean, somebody has to do it... else Romantic Love will have vanished from this god-awful rat-trap (otherwise known as planet earth) for good!

... thanks for your comment, Sir Harry...

Lady Violet

... oh, as to these two edits, I added "otherwise known as planet earth" (but didn't get it in before Harry's rebuff), and now I"m adding this editorial note, as is quite often my violetish proclivity... v.
Last edited by Violet on Sat May 02, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Violet
Harry S

Post by Harry S » Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Violet wrote:... Yes, Harry, I agree, especially after that last post, that it may be time to return our tale to the higher channels of pure and unadulterated Love.. of the more chivalrous variety, speaking of knights... And no, I (as in Violet) love only out of foolishness, and not for personal gain... (!)... It might be noted too that, well... if Georges and myself wound up with this job.. it also speaks to the notion that... I mean... somebody has to do it... else Romantic Love will have vanished from this god-awful rat-trap for good!

... thanks for your comment, Sir Harry...

Lady Violet
I aint no upper class snob Sir, we dont even have that stuff in norway
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat May 02, 2009 4:15 pm

... oops... sorry (Sir) Harry.. (!)... no offense intended... however.. our, uh, threadom, as it were, sometimes goes by different rules... (fairly arbitrary ones, I might point out)...

yours in the cause of hope, chivalry (sometimes) and romance (and, uh, quite often the other thing) (although I'm working to better myself in that regard),

v i o l e t
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sun May 03, 2009 7:55 am

... hey, love... are you there??... don't worry, that bad bad H.S. man is gone (I think)... Anyway... I thought I'd improvise on the New Orleans theme I.F. brought up with this next interpretation of the same number...

... I love the pale blue sparkling head band I'm wearing, and the white vinyl jacket... oh, and as you'll note, Georges, my love, I play the electric guitar.. (another skill I've been keeping from you... of course, it's not quite the
deep pink secret that was Dita Von Teese... but I thought I'd pull things back in another direction.. (don't worry, it's just for a while, my sweet... 'til all the controversy blows over)... (my love)... Now, it seems I've developed quite a Euro accent with this... French, I believe.. which somehow accounts for the charm of this rendition, I think... although I do like to bob my head up and down quite a bit.. it's not something I do consciously, actually, but now that I'm studying myself, I can see I have to work on that... [Actually... and this is for George Wright's eyes only, so everyone else, if you don't mind too terribly, could you vamoos a minute... Okay, now, George.. if you learn the keyboards, or at the very least this particular number on the keyboards (or the organ, if you prefer).. I do think this song is appropriate for my voice -- I'm talking about me, as in the puppet meister (or I guess that's puppet mistress... which sounds a lot better, come to think of it..) now where was I??.. oh, the writer behind Violet -- anyway, I do think we might put together something on this... you could send me the track and I'll do the rest.. and we can perform it during Leonard's next world tour maybe... I mean, he's not using start up bands apparently, so perhaps he needs one...] ... okay, everyone, you can come back now...

... now, where was I??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFnJWypx-K0
FULL SCREEN...

House of the Rising Sun

There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new bluejeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk

------ organ solo ------

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain

Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one

your vinyl-clad v i o l e t (fl
o
w e
r.. (just
a weed
in New Orleans).. xxxxx
x
xxxxxxxxx xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x
xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx x xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x x x
xxxxxxxx xxx xxxx (baby, you look bruised..) xxxxxx xxx (I told you
to stay away from the 9th Ward..) xxxxx xxxx x x xxxx (here, let me dab
that a bit)..xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x (.. well yeah, no kidding, of course it stings..)xx xxxxxxx (silly)...xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxx x x x x xxxxxxxxx x x
xxxxx xxxx xxx xxx (oh my god...)... xxxx (.. this time you are kidding, right??)..xxxxxxxxxxxx xxx x x xx [this is
beginning to remind me of that bathroom seduction scene in Chinatown, actually... wrong city, though..]
..xx x x x x xx x x
xxx.x (you really are incorrigible, you know that??) xx x.. (or I guess I mean insatiable).. xxx.. (and just when I was
trying to clean things up a bit around here)...xxxxxxxxxxx xxx x xxxxxxxx x x
xxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx...xx x xx xxxxxxxx x x x
xxxx xxx x xxxx (okay, but after, you promise to practice your keyboards??)..xxxxx x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxx xx x x x x x x xxx x xxx x xxx x (my love)..xxx x xxx x
xxxxxxxxx x x x xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxx xx xx x x x x x x x x x

.. gosh, I just noticed that this band is the Mona Lisa twins... my twin sister is in fact playing the drums (!).. I thought the cut to the drummer's face was somehow disorienting.. as if I were playing guitar and drums simultaneously... strange... and, as those of you who follow these things know.. well.. Violet (as in the author) is a twin herself... hmm... interesting selection on my part, it seems... v.
Last edited by Violet on Tue May 05, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”