So little activity.

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

So little activity.

Post by solongleonard »

Hello, I am sorry that this forum is fading. I offer some advice to Geoffrey - Listen to this Warren Zevon's song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efl0G4S ... evon-Topic

and the lyrics most applicable to your game is

"Let me break it to you, son"
Your shit's fucked up."

I have often enjoyed your drawing but I left this place because of your compulsive need to introduce nearly every piece with a disclaimer about how rushed you were (or a similar selling point). Chill, Geoffrey this ploy is a weird example of boasting. You are a charming Man. I met you, I have the proof. However, your faux insecurity makes me squirm. I get that you are always in a Roshi but I offer you the same answer that a woman did when improperly approached by Leonard Cohen's Guru. She complained that he instructed her to massage his penis. I say "no" to your endless offers to do the same.

You are a talented artist and I hope I am the only one driven away by your superfluous "shit" . Although, I am sorry to see that Lisa has left because of a clash with you.

Btw, (bacon tomato watercress), if you are curious. I returned here a little earlier than planned because of Her Majesty's death.

Michael
Geoffrey

Re: So little activity.

Post by Geoffrey »

ha ha ha - good of you to take an interest !!! have you got a slow cooker? highly recommended! just come home after six hours to a lovely meal of beef with potatoes, carrots, garlic, courgette, mushrooms, onions, sweet potatoes and chili peppers, etc.
stay well :)
back and to the left, back and to the left.jpg
solongleonard

Re: Almost no activity

Post by solongleonard »

I hate mushrooms. They are evil. I normally eat once a week. I choose Michelin Star restaurants, named after the tyres used to make the mushrooms. After so many 1 Star wannabee Michelins, last weekend I went with a Lover to eat and stay over at Le Manoir. The food was disappointing. The Garden was superb though and eating is optional anyway. Back to 1 Star for lunch tomorrow. Galvins Windows in Park Lane. I have been thinking of a return to Noma in Copenhagen. It is back at Number 1 in the World. However, it describes foraging and mushrooms so I must follow my True and abstain.

Michael

PS I am thinking of eating twice this week, in memory of the Queen.
Geoffrey

Re: Almost no activity

Post by Geoffrey »

mushrooms are quite delicious, but i understand if you have an aversion to them. disliking certain foods is quite normal, although by adulthood most people have managed to grow out of attention seeking. should such infantile behaviour linger on past childhood it can often hint at a deep rooted need to be noticed, and that can have several reasons - the most common being parental mismanagement, their focusing mostly on a sibling, for example. i know nothing of your biographical details (whether or not you experienced being overlooked by your guardians), so without more information it is difficult for me to suggest any treatment. the only advice i would offer at this stage is that you google the word 'arfid', as that will give an insight into what appears to be your condition. knowledge is the key to advancement, and with a little encouragement you might even eventually make a meal yourself at home, instead of having to constantly pick out specific foods from restaurant menus. does that sound good to you? let me know how you get on, and don't hesitate to ask should you require further guidance - that's what i am here for.

>I returned here a little earlier than planned because of Her Majesty's death.
it's buried in my soul like california gold.jpg
solongleonard

almost no activity at all here

Post by solongleonard »

My adulthood remains ages away. But if by chance, a conky-dance- I start liking mushrooms around then, it ain't nowt. And it's not going to happen, as sure as eggs is eggs, or as sure as you introduce your doodles with your routine schtick, please keep your PVC fantasies to yourself. I am a Man of Morals (not to be replaced by a Man of Morels).

if I shall ever feel the need to seek help from you, rest assured I won't ask.

"
I mean all these comments in a patronising way.
"Yes, Geoffrey Geoffrey Geoffrey, don't come back to me.
I locked you in your body,
and now you are on trial.
you wish you had a weapon,
that didn't look so vile."
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: almost no activity at all here

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, michael - it's always nice when you have the time to stop by. don't forget i don't like being called 'artist', but it's ok if you feel it necessary.

i believe you were appointed a 'queen's counsel' barrister, and understand that her death will affect you - perhaps in more ways than i realise. even though our online relationship has a tendency to be disrespectful at times, in reality nothing could be further from the truth - at least from my side.
---------------------------------------------
here, for your perusal, is a rushed (!!!) scribble of a male profile ;)
you made me hate this city.jpg
solongleonard

absolutely no ish nativity

Post by solongleonard »

I love the last sketch, well done! It makes a great change from your Leonard Cohen ones.

I am eating again tomorrow and againer on Friday, I'm a slow cooker
Geoffrey

Re: absolutely no ish nativity

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:01 pm I am eating again tomorrow and againer on Friday, I'm a slow cooker
i did notice how alarmingly fickle you were with your food on the occasions we dined together. i grew up glad for every morsel i could get, mostly wood pigeons, hedgehog or rabbit stew. it was either that or starve. without treatment, spoiled child syndrome can turn into a lifelong handicap - so rest assured i do sympathise with anyone in such a predicament. it's not your fault.
https://youtu.be/yzb726TP-OM

concerning her majesty, you will be interested to learn that she and her mother once walked past me. luckily i had my cine camera to hand. just imagine how thrilled they would have been had they known yours truly was so close!
https://youtu.be/y0q-S1k3Tu8
solongleonard

FORUM THREAD CLOSURE

Post by solongleonard »

The Matt Damon clip is stolen directly from the Noddy song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblXyUf ... l=121demon
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: So little activity

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:
>The Matt Damon clip is stolen directly from the Noddy song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblXyUf ... l=121demon

yes, there ain't half been some clever b******s, but we all need reasons to be cheerful.
here's another image produced after coming out of my leonard cohen phase.
all i want for my birthday is another birthday.jpg
solongleonard

re: The over-extended Gullery

Post by solongleonard »

Thank you for your many emails on this subject.

I certainly disagree with your unanimous view, and so do many others.
Geoffrey

Re: re: The over-extended Gullery

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:Thank you for your many emails on this subject.
you are welcome, michael. by the way, what grit number do you use on your nail files? the standard ones you buy in the cosmetic shops are usually the two-sided ones, 100 on one side 180 on the other. they are sometimes marked 100/180 but often you will see no numbers at all. it's no good asking if they have other grades to choose from because the assistant will not know what you are talking about. i can excuse a man for not knowing anything about grit numbers but most women haven't the foggiest either - and that is an alarming fact.

i went into a manicure salon and saw that they had various other grit numbers, but the lady said they were not for sale. so what i did was go into a hardware shop and bought two types of emery paper (sandpaper), one was number 60 (quite coarse) and the other was number 80. then i bought an orange-flavoured ice lolly, but kept the wooden stick and let it dry in the sun after the ice part had been consumed. then i cut the sandpaper the shape of the stick and stuck them on it using double-sided sellotape. so now i have a lovely home-made 60/80 nail file.

i did a google search and discovered that grit numbers go as high as 6000, but i am sure they would be almost as smooth as 180g copy paper. i do actually own a very expensive nail file that is made of crushed diamond, but it is too fine, ok for removing nail gloss or old lacquer but not really good for filing down the length of nails. a grit number means how many pieces of crushed grit (or diamond) there are in a square inch, the greater the number the smoother it will be. right-handed people can easily use curved nail scissors to cut the nails on their toes or left hand, but scissors don't work properly when using the left hand to cut nails on the right hand. one can trim nails with clippers, of course, but they have been known to split thin nails - or damage them in other ways.

i always look at people's hands when in a social setting, because it tells a lot about them. next i study their teeth to get an idea about how occupied they are with mouth hygiene. personally i visit the dentist every six to nine months, and use 'crest whitestrips supreme' because with 14% hydrogen peroxide they are the strongest available. i have all my own teeth, of course.

after arriving at conclusions concerning their hands and teeth i focus my attention on their body language, facial expressions, idiosyncrasies, etc. - and then determine their IQ by listening to them speak, their eloquence (rhetoric, the way they compose or structure a sentence). finally i determine into which psychological category they belong, so that i can skillfully maneuvre through a codial conversation so that they will take home a good impression of me.
solongleonard

Re: So little activity.

Post by solongleonard »

HEAD
and SHOULDERS
KNEES AND
TOAST

I like my thread most
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”