never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 pm
Geoffrey wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:23 pm ...sometimes, though, i regret concentrating so much on consciousness, things like the string theory or the true nature of reality when i could have studied more important things - like you...
I am flattered that you think that I am an important thing worthy of study -- even more important than those other subjects you've listed -- you are very kind. Of course, false humility aside, I can certainly understand why you would feel that way -- after all, I am an incredibly fascinating person, and who wouldn't want to study me? As for your regret in not concentrating your studies on me, I was actually under the impression that you already had -- and that perhaps you continue to do so with every post that I write -- which is how you were able to create your psychological profile of me. :)
i see you noted the ambiguity of my words. is this not what leonard did in his poem about the fifteen-year old girls he wanted when he was fifteen?

for the record, you are incredibly fascinating, and i have long since diagnosed you - as i do with virtually everyone i consider worthy of my time. it is just a hobby, and my files are strictly confidential. however, please rest assured that my conclusion of your personality is not one that should cause too much embarrassment or shame. none of us are perfect, though i believe there is one person here who comes pretty damn close.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:14 pm ...none of us are perfect, though i believe there is one person here who comes pretty damn close.

Indeed there is, and speaking of whom, where on earth has solongleonard/M been keeping himself? I haven't seen him around here for a while.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:33 am where on earth has solongleonard/M been keeping himself? I haven't seen him around here for a while.
the archives show that i wished him a happy hanukkah on 5th december 2021, and he responded six days later on the 11th - his final appearance. you have to realise that this forum is not for everyone. to continually interact here requires more mental stamina than some people possess. let us hope he one day manages to come out of hiding and rejoin us, because no man is an island.
---------------------------------------------------------
quick sketch of very nice gentleman who talked with me a couple of days ago :)
amfi moa.jpg
apologies again for silence. have not been feeling too good. took a covid test after people said i should, but result was negative. i just have had a cold, lots of coughing, raised temperature, runny nose, headache, sneezing, sore throat and tiredness. have just finished a course of penicillin, combined with paracetamol and ibuprofen for an abscess beneath a molar tooth. toothache is almost gone now, just a slight nagging pain in the background that requires a painkiller about once a day. on top of that i fell out with one of my best friends. he said i had threatened him, but i didn't really. anyway, he sent a message to me yesterday asking if we could meet for a coffee at amfi moa, so maybe he regrets accusing me. i told him i was not very well and he asked if we could meet in a few days when i am better. the picture of the man above is not him, that is another friend - one that i haven't fallen out with yet. well, it's seven o'clock in the morning here on sunday morning. still a lot of storms all the time. i am eating home-made pizza and have just watched two movies: 'the buddy holly story' and 'pleasantville'. am considering going to bed soon, but am not looking forward to it. can't stand going to bed, always so boring doing that. i like being with people, talking with them, playing music, practicing my moonwalk, making and eating food, anything rather than go to bed.
-------------------------------------------------------
"the hand of your beggar is burdened down with money"
its origin and purpose still a total mystery.jpg
happy february, everyone. new month, new challenges. stay happy! :)
you've paid the price to come so far, just to wind up where you are.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

my bedside lamp is how the light gets in :)
mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy.jpg
B4real

Post by B4real »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 pm my bedside lamp is how the light gets in :)
Geoffrey, that is so inventive!
I love the concept, application on a curved surface, line and drawing 8)

btw - a bit of trivia. So far, in my book Leonard sings the word "light" 164 times and not even once for "lamp" ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:31 pm Geoffrey, that is so inventive! I love the concept, application on a curved surface, line and drawing 8)

btw - a bit of trivia. So far, in my book Leonard sings the word "light" 164 times and not even once for "lamp" ;)
am not sure about 'inventive', but thank you. you are a deLIGHTful person. drawing on a clothy surface that kept buckling was a challenge, which is why i did it. am considering starting up a little factory and sticking them onto ebay - (joke!).

how interesting it would be if others here tried something similar. these efforts are never perfect, and that is what fascinates. all that is needed is the courage to try, and to be encouraged by criticism. below are some quick non-serious amateur 'doodles' that are well below any level of quality, but in this transitory existence it doesn't matter.

by the way, i double-checked with maria's concordance and you are quite right. he mentions the bible and virgins once or twice, but never oil or lamps.
---------------------------------------------
the hunter of the east has caught the sultan's turret in a noose of light.jpg
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bottom right looks like Ted Danson, an American actor.
Close??

Geoffrey, many thanks for your continuing posts on this thread. It makes my day to see what your fertile brain has created.

Best wishes,

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

AlanM wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:07 am Bottom right looks like Ted Danson, an American actor. Close??

Geoffrey, many thanks for your continuing posts on this thread. It makes my day to see what your fertile brain has created.

Best wishes,
Alan
thank you, alan. it is such a pleasure to know that i am able to make someone's day. you are possibly correct with ted danson. when passing the cursor over the image the original date is given as 22 january 2022, meaning it was scanned in two weeks ago. mr danson is not a familiar name, though his face is not completely unknown. the bottom right looks a little like the late british comedian spike milligan, but if it is him it is surely a product of subconsciousness.

the shopping centre near here attracts folk from all over the district, faces mostly never seen before - wonderful! if one possesses a modicum of fantasy many of them can remind one of well-known people, even though the resemblance may only be slight. a 'fertile brain' may think, oh there goes edward norton, or oh look isn't that nancy pelosi standing over there! it's a particularly entertaining pastime that can nourish one's imagination and create a key that will unlock the door to a universe where the potential for inspiration is virtually guaranteed. some individuals will play any number of secret mindgames to further their trade. leonard cohen may have been honest when claiming he did not know where the good songs came from, but judging from his catalogue he evidently knew how to have that area of musical creativity brought to his feet.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I am certainly familiar with Spike Milligan, both his appearance and his comedy genius.
I don't recall seeing many photos of him with a beard, but now you mention it ...

Top right may even be Charlton Heston, an American actor and gun advocate.

Alan

p.s. bottom left.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey -- love the lamp! Very groovy! As for your challenge -- "how interesting it would be if others here tried something similar" -- I'll give you a raincheck on that, because while I am intrigued by the thought of doing some artwork on something other than paper/canvas, I am extremely (but happily) preoccupied at the moment with other things that completely fill up my time, and thus artwork is on hold for the moment (until and unless inspiration strikes, of course!). Bev seems a good candidate for that sort of thing -- I recall her beautiful paintings on glass, and so it is quite conceivable that she has, or is willing, to use various other surfaces, too.

I agree with Alan about the two sketches on the right bearing a resemblance to Ted Danson and Charlton Heston.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:53 am Geoffrey -- love the lamp! Very groovy! As for your challenge -- "how interesting it would be if others here tried something similar" -- I'll give you a raincheck on that, because while I am intrigued by the thought of doing some artwork on something other than paper/canvas, I am extremely (but happily) preoccupied at the moment with other things that completely fill up my time, and thus artwork is on hold for the moment (until and unless inspiration strikes, of course!). Bev seems a good candidate for that sort of thing -- I recall her beautiful paintings on glass, and so it is quite conceivable that she has, or is willing, to use various other surfaces, too.

I agree with Alan about the two sketches on the right bearing a resemblance to Ted Danson and Charlton Heston.
thank you, lisa. yes, everything takes time, it seems - and that was exactly what i was reading about before i came here. a complicated article that demands concentration. link below.

bev would indeed be a good candidate, i agree. an extremely resourceful lady. using an indelible pen, as was the case with the lamp shade, there is no room for regret or error. you can't turn the clock back and start again, unless you are into things like the heisenberg principle, particle behaviour, parallel worlds or time travel in the quantum world - which i am not (or am i?)
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... f-reality/
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:43 am ...you can't turn the clock back and start again, unless you are into things like the heisenberg principle, particle behaviour, parallel worlds or time travel in the quantum world - which i am not (or am i?)...
Oh yes, quantum physics is a fascinating field of study, presenting all sorts of very thought-provoking ideas for the enquiring mind. I am into those things, most definitely -- very interesting and exciting stuff to read about and to ponder!

I was not, however, able to read the article to which you provided a link, other than the introductory paragraphs, not being a subscriber to New Scientist (and not planning to become one). I am, as a rule, wary of popular media discussions of scientific ideas -- too often I have seen them get things very wrong, since they are journalists and not scientists and thus they lack the necessary knowledge and understanding of these very deep and complex ideas to present them accurately -- but they certainly make it all sound very sensationalistic!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:18 am I was not, however, able to read the article to which you provided a link, other than the introductory paragraphs, not being a subscriber to New Scientist (and not planning to become one).
weird. neither am i a subscriber to that magazine, and yet am able to read the complete online article without hindrance. it could be due to some kind of limited countries access, or i could have built up such an abundance of good karma that the angels permit me special privileges, or maybe even something to do with quantum mechanics is afoot. who knows? ;)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Lisa and Geoffrey,
You are both right about me painting on different surfaces as well as glass ;-)
When I was working in the art industry, I had a side job with a ceramic tile manufacturing company. I hand painted commissioned customer’s requests on their tiles. Lisa, my electronic keyboard sits on top of some of my hand painted tiles that I designed for a small antique table that I restored. The top surface had such deep dip in it and to fill it wasn’t practical so I added another surface with the tiles attached on top of it. I used to do a lot of antique furniture restoration. Btw - I've designed and made a wooden lamp but I never painted an image on it ;-)
I’ve also painted artworks on wood, masonite, perspex, plastic, metal and cloth materials. I've screen-printed on fabrics, papers and boards. Also, I've done printmaking on papers and boards plus etched on scratchboard too.
As well, I've made items of pottery and sculpture.

Recently, I've set myself an interesting art challenge. I'm going to draw and paint portraits of my family and ancestors through the years. This is going to be a most time consuming but really enjoyable project. Some of you know how far back my ancestors can be traced so it will be a looong but absorbing time in the doing!

And you both know I have an inquiring mind - just check out my profile :)
I'm sorry to say that one of my favourite 'food for thought' TV shows I've mentioned a couple of times previously in this thread, "Through The Wormhole" is coming to an end here. I think I'll buy the series DVDs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Wormhole
Hosted by Morgan Freeman, Through the Wormhole will explore the deepest mysteries of existence - the questions that have puzzled mankind for eternity. What are we made of? What was there before the beginning? Are we really alone? Is there a creator? These questions have been pondered by the most exquisite minds of the human race. Now, science has evolved to the point where hard facts and evidence may be able to provide us with answers instead of philosophical theories. Through the Wormhole will bring together the brightest minds and best ideas from the very edges of science - Astrophysics, Astrobiology, Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, and more - to reveal the extraordinary truth of our Universe.

This was just reported 4 hours ago - For the first time a lone black hole has been found wandering the milky way - https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techands ... np1taskbar
Last edited by B4real on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:25 am ...i could have built up such an abundance of good karma that the angels permit me special privileges, or maybe even something to do with quantum mechanics is afoot. who knows? ;)
:D

Bev, "Through the Wormhole" definitely sounds like a very interesting show. That black hole discovery is very cool! And, you have certainly done a wide range of artwork -- my goodness! -- that's very cool, too! Your family/ancestral portrait project sounds intriguing and fun. I have no ancestors -- I am one of a kind!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”