A Request for Mr. Cohen

Debate on Leonard Cohen's poetry (and novels), both published and unpublished. Song lyrics may also be discussed here.
charlajoy

Re: A Request for Mr. Cohen

Postby charlajoy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Dear Leonard,

Your voice, written or oral, soothes my soul, washes away the debris, restores me with new strength.

I'm quietly crying now in wistful expectation as I think of the ultimate kindness from you--some poetry in your own voice. I can't think of anything better to take us through the time of the flood.

You are my favorite voice.

A faithful fan,
Charlajoy
Lostlyric

Postby Lostlyric » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:03 am

Thank you RitaMarie for your support of our request. I would like to think that Mr. Cohen does read our posts. Perhaps not all of them but some of them. It is possible what I am saying is more wishful thinking than anything else. But even if my wishful thinking is an illusion I continue to dwell in it. In time we shall know. Though I also realize that the relentless touring Mr. Cohen has been doing for his incredible concert performances would likely (in my humble opinion or as they say IMHO in internet shorthand) only be able able to do so once he is done with his performance tours. At the same time since Jarkko is the point person in all of this, he may quite likely call Mr. Cohen's attention to our request (ohh how I wish this).

I do hope more people offer their support to this request as you have done RitaMarie. Thanks to everyone else who has done so.

With warm wishes,

Biraj
"So if you're sitting all alone and hear a-knocking at your door and the air is full of promises, well buddy, you've been warned!!!"

Nick Cave on love
Lostlyric

Postby Lostlyric » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 am

Charlajoy:

Your words beautifully articulate the wishes expressed here. Regardless of what the musically accomplished say, for me Leonard's voice is incomparably beautiful, rich and soaked in love. This is true even when his "judgments are severe', and his words tell us that the future is murder. I guess Leonard put it best when he wrote:

"I heard of a man
Who says words so beautifully?
That if he only speaks their name
Women give themselves to him."

It is possible Leonard may not have known it when he wrote those lines, but I think he was speaking of himself.

Biraj
"So if you're sitting all alone and hear a-knocking at your door and the air is full of promises, well buddy, you've been warned!!!"

Nick Cave on love
maria Tereza

Postby maria Tereza » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 pm

What a great idea!!!!

Since he won't tour in Brazil I would have something nice to compensate this frustration.
Do you think it could possibly happen? What could we do to make it happen??????
Lostlyric

Postby Lostlyric » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 am

Greetings Maria:

Thank you for stumbling upon this request. I think by saying what you have in your post you have already lent support to our request of Mr. Cohen. But if you wish you can elaborate on your reasons for wanting Mr. Cohen to publish his poetry in his voice as spoken word.

Thanks again,

Biraj

Nick Cave on love
lightasabreeze

Postby lightasabreeze » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:56 pm

We really do need to hear the spoken word from Leonard. Only he can read the words as he means them to sound. No one else can do that.
When I read his poetry I have his voice in my head, but how wonderful to hear him read them to me.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..

Return to “Leonard Cohen's poetry and novels”